If races are not real, then you have to be logically consistent - Page 14 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

@FiveofSwords Races exist you are right.

What is more determining the character the race or the culture?

I think its the race. I thought culture but jail I hanged arround with Slavs (my subrace), because we were somehow closer. The biggest group in jail were Gypsies about 50%.

I had also fights with Semites and Blacks. I got in jail because I threatened a policeman.
Last edited by Skynet on 10 May 2024 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
FiveofSwords wrote:You might be interested to know that in thr 1600s, the chief Justice of England, John holt, was asked whether the magna Carta, which outlawed slavery, would apply to sub saharan africans.

His answer was no, because they are heathens amd rights come from God.

Not because they are black...but because they aren't Christian

There seems to be no record of him saying this.

------------

Verv wrote:To be completely fair: white settlement of the East Coast began with a long-term peace treaty with the natives that was mutually beneficial...

And earlier than that, settlement began with settlers basically dying and being saved by the Indigenous, like Roanoke.

This does not change the fact that Indigenous people and Black people were thought of as less than human and therefore could be exploited with impunity.

I'd also argue that white supremacy was not really "needed." They could have simply concluded that their advantages were simply given to them from God or circumstance, and they could have done the same thing.

Power doesn't need a grand rationalization.

In some.speculative other past, maybe. In our past, racism, colonialism, and capitalism were all mutually supportive.
Pants-of-dog wrote:There seems to be no record of him saying this.

------------

And earlier than that, settlement began with settlers basically dying and being saved by the Indigenous, like Roanoke.

This does not change the fact that Indigenous people and Black people were thought of as less than human and therefore could be exploited with impunity.

In some.speculative other past, maybe. In our past, racism, colonialism, and capitalism were all mutually supportive.

Omg lol.. your history is so screwed up. Firsly...how on earth would you KNOW what records there are of what John holt said? Because it didn't immediately pop up on some Google search it could not have happened?

Second lol wtf...the people of Roanoke were probably killed and eaten by indigenous people...how did you get that so wrong lol
FiveofSwords wrote:Omg lol.. your history is so screwed up. Firsly...how on earth would you KNOW what records there are of what John holt said? Because it didn't immediately pop up on some Google search it could not have happened?

Second lol wtf...the people of Roanoke were probably killed and eaten by indigenous people...how did you get that so wrong lol

Holt makes no mention of religion in the slavery cases over which he presided.

If you have a quote from his casework supporting the claim ,share it.

And you seem to not know what happened to Roanoke.
FiveofSwords wrote:Scotland gives no special privileges to scottish people...

Scotland gives special priveleges to its citizens, like most countries do.

If you want a country that creates castes through state-sanctionned discrimination against "other" races, you can move to Israel and convert to Judaism in order to thrive.

ingliz wrote:Humza Yousaf MSP

Served, not serves.

I did find his speech where he exonerates the presence of "too many whites" in Scotland to be racially discriminatory.

And there are two major ways to express racism:

1. To be openly hostile to "the other" (Israel and Nazi Germany are extreme cases)

2. To practice smiling favoritism to "the other" in an affected and virtue-signalling way. To want to "protect these poor helpless souls" who are only helpless, in your eyes, because they are "other."

When I studied in Paris, I remember eating in a small crowded restaurant where there was a French couple seated next to an Indian guy eating alone. The male member of that couple never stopped sending aggressive smiles to the next table. I felt embarassed for the Indian guy who seemed to be actively ignoring the pointed smiles.

A lot of "affirmative action" is the equivalent of this aggressive smiling so that "the loser won't feel like a loser."

And Humza seemed to be channelling the Love-of-Tokenism of the genocide-created USA when he ripped into the pigment-reduced citizens of the country he was chosen to be Uncle Tom of.
QatzelOk wrote:Scotland gives special priveleges to its citizens, like most countries do.

If you want a country that creates castes through state-sanctionned discrimination against "other" races, you can move to Israel and convert to Judaism in order to thrive.

I did find his speech where he exonerates the presence of "too many whites" in Scotland to be racially discriminatory.

And there are two major ways to express racism:

1. To be openly hostile to "the other" (Israel and Nazi Germany are extreme cases)

2. To practice smiling favoritism to "the other" in an affected and virtue-signalling way. To want to "protect these poor helpless souls" who are only helpless, in your eyes, because they are "other."

When I studied in Paris, I remember eating in a small crowded restaurant where there was a French couple seated next to an Indian guy eating alone. The male member of that couple never stopped sending aggressive smiles to the next table. I felt embarassed for the Indian guy who seemed to be actively ignoring the pointed smiles.

A lot of "affirmative action" is the equivalent of this aggressive smiling so that "the loser won't feel like a loser."

And Humza seemed to be channelling the Love-of-Tokenism of the genocide-created USA when he ripped into the pigment-reduced citizens of the country he was chosen to be Uncle Tom of.

Scotland gives no special privileges to a person who is actually scottish. Being a citizen of Scotland does not require that you are scottish. So you really get nothing in Scotland, not even if your ancestor was literally Robert the Bruce.

Historically that is a bizarre situation...and rightly so. Because why would anyone fight for a country that isn't actually theirs?

And of course no functional country would allow a person like hamza yousef to represent it in any way?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Holt makes no mention of religion in the slavery cases over which he presided.

If you have a quote from his casework supporting the claim ,share it.

And you seem to not know what happened to Roanoke.

Dude lol. You never even heard of John holt or the argument about slavery with relation to the magna Carta until I brought it up. How are you going to act like you 'know' there was no mention of religion in the deliberations? Lol that is so insane...maybe it is a subject I know about and you clearly just don't?

And Roanoke was destroyed. So obviously nobody 'saved' it lol. But also nobody knows the details of how it was destroyed and no bodies were found. So yeah you can say it is a mystery what happened to the people lol...but one thing we know for sure is that they were not 'saved'...since no survivors were ever found they were probably just slaughtered. Since no Graves were found I would assume they were eaten...seems like the most parsimonious explanation.

But you literally said the indigenous people 'saved' them? Lol come on...your history is literally an inversion of the truth
@FiveofSwords & @QatzelOk

A fact check carried out by the Reuters news agency concluded that the edited clip you watched misrepresented Mr Yousaf's comments by suggesting he had been arguing that Scotland contained too many white people.

Reuters said: "Yousaf's speech was given as part of a wider discussion about racial injustice and the lack of people of colour in positions of power in the Scottish Parliament and government. The speech did not assert that white people make up too large a proportion of Scotland's overall population."

:)
FiveofSwords wrote:[T]he [C]hief Justice of England, John [H]olt, was asked ...

Bollocks!

Holt was famed as a supporter of civil and religious liberty. He judged that slavery could not exist in England; his statement that "as soon as a negro comes to England he is free; one may be a villein in England, but not a slave" was made around 1702 during a trial involving an escaped slave.

:lol:
FiveofSwords wrote:Dude lol. You never even heard of John holt or the argument about slavery with relation to the magna Carta until I brought it up. How are you going to act like you 'know' there was no mention of religion in the deliberations? Lol that is so insane...maybe it is a subject I know about and you clearly just don't?

Then it should be easy for you to find a quote

Let us know when you find it!

And Roanoke was destroyed. So obviously nobody 'saved' it lol. But also nobody knows the details of how it was destroyed and no bodies were found. So yeah you can say it is a mystery what happened to the people lol...but one thing we know for sure is that they were not 'saved'...since no survivors were ever found they were probably just slaughtered. Since no Graves were found I would assume they were eaten...seems like the most parsimonious explanation.

But you literally said the indigenous people 'saved' them? Lol come on...your history is literally an inversion of the truth

Yes, the evidence suggests that the colony dispersed with small groups going to live with neighbouring Indigenous communities.
ingliz wrote:Bollocks!

Holt was famed as a supporter of civil and religious liberty. He judged that slavery could not exist in England; his statement that "as soon as a negro comes to England he is free; one may be a villein in England, but not a slave" was made around 1702 during a trial involving an escaped slave.

:lol:

The only thing you got right there was the 2nd half of that quote lol. Yeah he did deny that there was slavery in England. And technically according to the letter of the law it should have been outlawed.

Regardless it was not, lol. Slavery persisted a long time after this and especially in the English colonies, such as North america...where the history is rather famous. Haven't you heard of it?

Meanwhile a villein is a kind of slave. The only thing that distinguishes a villein from a regular serf is that they are not legally tied to the land. Kinda like how negro slaves could be bought and sold without also selling land...
Last edited by FiveofSwords on 10 May 2024 20:04, edited 2 times in total.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Then it should be easy for you to find a quote

Let us know when you find it!

Yes, the evidence suggests that the colony dispersed with small groups going to live with neighbouring Indigenous communities.

Dude this is absurd.the people in Roanoke were from England. They had friends and family. The idea that they would be happy to just dissappear is frankly insulting. You twisting their fate into being 'saved' (lol) by the indigenous people is preposterous.

No survivors were ever found so you certainly have NO reason to imagine they were 'saved' in any way. And if you look at ehat happened to Jamestown in 1622 that gives a much better idea of what was most likely their fate
FiveofSwords wrote:Dude this is absurd.the people in Roanoke were from England. They had friends and family. The idea that they would be happy to just dissappear is frankly insulting. You twisting their fate into being 'saved' (lol) by the indigenous people is preposterous.

No one claimed that the Roanoke colony wanted to disperse.

But they were dying and the only way to be saved was to live with those who knew how to survive in the

No survivors were ever found so you certainly have NO reason to imagine they were 'saved' in any way. And if you look at ehat happened to Jamestown in 1622 that gives a much better idea of what was most likely their fate

Archaeological and DNA evidence suggests they dispersed into smaller groups with many being absorbed into Indigenous communities.

So where is the Holt quote?
Pants-of-dog wrote:No one claimed that the Roanoke colony wanted to disperse.

But they were dying and the only way to be saved was to live with those who knew how to survive in the

Archaeological and DNA evidence suggests they dispersed into smaller groups with many being absorbed into Indigenous communities.

So where is the Holt quote?

So when you said Roanoke was 'saved' by indigenous people, what you meant was that they may have carried off some females as slaves?
Last edited by FiveofSwords on 10 May 2024 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]