Minneapolis Police Shoot Unarmed White Woman To Death - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
maz wrote:People are outraged, and all we are getting from the mayor is "homina homina homina."

I guess the blacks do have a point in noting the hypocrisy of the outrage from white people over this shooting.

We need a "White Lives Matter" group to protest and cause mayhem in the city to wake the Mayor up from his slumber. Maybe an FBI investigation would help.
One Degree wrote:One of the officer's lawyer said she was pounding on the roof of the car at the same time the fireworks went off.

LoL, of course, pounding the car, fireworks.

:lol:

One Degree wrote:Most people like their police...

Most victims are poor or have mental health issues. If it weren't for the police, Americans would have to take care of them. Hence Americans love the police. :excited:
@Rugoz
I am not sure we will ever know what happened, even after the trial which I believe will be a certainty.
I can not think of anything except pure panic.
Suntzu wrote:Imagine two guys sitting in a car. Now imagine that the guy sitting in the passenger seat fires a gun through the driver side window. :eek: I wonder if the driver has any hearing or eyebrows left?

:lol: He was probably pretty embarrassed about shitting his pants too.

Edit: Sorry, it is not funny. I was actually picturing myself as the driver and how I would feel. That struck my funny bone.
Hindsite wrote:We need a "White Lives Matter" group to protest and cause mayhem in the city to wake the Mayor up from his slumber. Maybe an FBI investigation would help.

Here was the extent of it. Very white. Too bad the deceased's son didn't lead a chimpout out because that would have been cool to see!

One Degree wrote:Race is a factor, but I don't think it is the major factor.

It is just as big a factor as the police apparently, being poorly trained. There is no way around the race angle, which is why even though this is a big story, there is virtually no commentary by the usual pundits out there offering their opinions and putting their spin on things. It goes against both the left agenda pro-minority agenda and the right pro-police agenda.

One Degree wrote:I think our outrage is determined by our 'perceived' level of value the individual had to society. This lady is presented as an ideal citizen. I think, with Black victims also, most people's outrage is determined by this perceived value even though political motivations disguise it somewhat with black victims.

I agree to some extent. Race is really only a factor because we had to put up with the "evil racist police killing blacks for no reason narrative for the past five years."

But I think that much of the outrage as white people seeing a vicitm that looks like she could be a wife, mother, sister, aunt, cousin of their own. With blacks it's pretty much the same thing. I also remember the police killing an Asian woman out west and the community there took action to some extent.

Shaw King writes about this tribalism.

I don't know how familiar you are with the concept of "mirror neurons." Google it. It's some deeply fascinating stuff. Simply put, it's the concept of how when you see something happening to someone who looks like you, or reminds you of yourself, you have neurons in your brain that fire off almost like you yourself are experiencing the thing you are watching. For the past three years, African Americans across the country have been watching the horrors of police brutality and internalizing so much of the pain as those mirror neurons fire off. The pain and the plight are personal.

But this whole incident just exposed what a shit show most city's police departments are. Minneapolis' police chief, who resigned was (the first) female, an openly gay and a Native American.

The mayor is also a woman who celebrated the Somali who got on the police force. She has been caught flatfooted and has no clue what to do or how to react.

What I do know is that if a white police officer has shot an unarmed Somali woman for no reason, he'd be arrested immediately. Why isn't the Somali officer being arrested?

Last edited by maz on 22 Jul 2017 18:04, edited 2 times in total.
maz wrote:Image

Well I guess there is a reason to protest if you believe this young guy is part of some conspiracy. Personally, my guess is he panicked and will be tortured by it the rest of his life. Justice has already been done the best it can be in this situation.
One Degree wrote:Well I guess there is a reason to protest if you believe this young guy is part of some conspiracy. Personally, my guess is he panicked and will be tortured by it the rest of his life. Justice has already been done the best it can be in this situation.

I posted the photo accidentally without adding the text so you may want to revisit the post.

The city is indeed covering up for the officer, so yes, by definition, conspiracy isn't far off the mark.
Hindsite wrote:We need a "White Lives Matter" group to protest and cause mayhem in the city to wake the Mayor up from his slumber. Maybe an FBI investigation would help.

I just found out that I should have referred to the Mayor as "her".

HalleluYah
Praise the Lord
maz wrote:I posted the photo accidentally without adding the text so you may want to revisit the post.

The city is indeed covering up for the officer, so yes, by definition, conspiracy isn't far off the mark.

Thank you, I did post before seeing all of your post. You offer a lot of detail about the mayor and police chief I was unaware of.
I am not sure 'conspiracy' can be considered yet. The 'shooter' is not talking, obviously under orders from his attorney. The other police officer has not revealed anything about his 'thoughts' on the situation publicly, but we don't know what he has said privately to the investigators.
Until it gets to the point where they can file charges or not file charges, we are only guessing. Unless I am missing something, it would appear to be too soon for the DA to have made a decision.
However, I tend to agree this police department appears screwed up. 2 rookies in one car??? :?:
Any comments from the DA yet?
One Degree wrote:Thank you, I did post before seeing all of your post. You offer a lot of detail about the mayor and police chief I was unaware of.
I am not sure 'conspiracy' can be considered yet. The 'shooter' is not talking, obviously under orders from his attorney. The other police officer has not revealed anything about his 'thoughts' on the situation publicly, but we don't know what he has said privately to the investigators.
Until it gets to the point where they can file charges or not file charges, we are only guessing. Unless I am missing something, it would appear to be too soon for the DA to have made a decision.
However, I tend to agree this police department appears screwed up. 2 rookies in one car??? :?:
Any comments from the DA yet?

The Police Chief was fired by the Mayor. But some people there were not happy with just her firing. Many of the people were also calling for the Mayor to turn in her resignation too.
Hindsite wrote:The Police Chief was fired by the Mayor. But some people there were not happy with just her firing. Many of the people were also calling for the Mayor to turn in her resignation too.

Interesting. Did the Mayor state a reason for firing the Police Chief?
Hindsite wrote:The Police Chief was fired by the Mayor. But some people there were not happy with just her firing. Many of the people were also calling for the Mayor to turn in her resignation too.

Which is completely ridiculous. The mayor had nothing to do with what happened. We need to start holding the people responsible to account.
One Degree wrote:Interesting. Did the Mayor state a reason for firing the Police Chief?

It was the usual lost confidence in the police chief's ability to move towards more effective solutions blah blah blah. Which is fair enough.

It sure wasn't because she is a female openly gay Native American that's for sure :lol:

The chief should go, but it seems like a good house cleaning is in order, meaning the entire mayor's office should go as well.

This whole thing is going to be a flashpoint. We need to get these white liberal Merkel clone women out of every elected office. we may need to get all women out of office for good measure until we can figure out what the hell is going on. Most of them appear to be a a corrosive force.
Last edited by maz on 22 Jul 2017 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
One Degree wrote:Interesting. Did the Mayor state a reason for firing the Police Chief?

Yes, she gave reasons. Basically it was because several city councilmen demanded a fundamental change in the police department. She said she had to put the community first and believed it was time for a change by replacing the Police Chief. She was interrupted by protesters before she could finish.
maz wrote:.....
What I do know is that if a white police officer has shot an unarmed Somali woman for no reason, he'd be arrested immediately. Why isn't the Somali officer being arrested?

Please provide evidence that white officers are routinely arrested for shooting unarmed blacks. Thank you.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please provide evidence that white officers are routinely arrested for shooting unarmed blacks. Thank you.

Common knowledge does not require a source. Read the news.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please provide evidence that white officers are routinely arrested for shooting unarmed blacks. Thank you.

(White) Police Officer Who Fatally Shot 15-Year-Old Texas Boy Is Charged With Murder
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/05/us/r ... ml?mcubz=2

White police officer shot old black lady, arrested
http://www.theroot.com/new-york-city-po ... 1795694470

Another recent example of white officer arrested and charged for shooting
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/l ... 98052.html

White female officer was arrested, charged (not convicted though) for shooting a black man
http://ktla.com/2017/05/17/jury-finds-t ... black-man/

I don't know if this office is white, but close enough. He shot a black man and was arrested.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... /22037593/

That's just the ones I remembered seeing recently. I am sure there are more.
One Degree wrote:Common knowledge does not require a source. Read the news.

At this rate, I may stop responding to your posts. It has nothing to do with you as a person, but a refusal to post evidence is one indication that you are not here to debate. I am.

-------------------

maz wrote:(White) Police Officer Who Fatally Shot 15-Year-Old Texas Boy Is Charged With Murder
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/05/us/r ... ml?mcubz=2

White police officer shot old black lady, arrested
http://www.theroot.com/new-york-city-po ... 1795694470

Another recent example of white officer arrested and charged for shooting
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/l ... 98052.html

White female officer was arrested, charged (not convicted though) for shooting a black man
http://ktla.com/2017/05/17/jury-finds-t ... black-man/

I don't know if this office is white, but close enough. He shot a black man and was arrested.
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... /22037593/

That's just the ones I remembered seeing recently. I am sure there are more.

I am certain there are more as well.

How many is this compared to the number of police shootings each year?

If this is five out of, let's say, a thousand shootings by cops each year, then this is still just 0.5% of all shootings. This means that 99.5% of cops do not get arrested when cops shoot people.

This means that cops are not routinely arrested for such things. If the number of shootings is about 1000 each year.

Which it seems to be.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/23/us/police ... index.html

An on-duty police officer shoots and kills about 1,000 people each year in the United States, according to an analysis by Philip Stinson, an associate professor of criminal justice at Bowling Green State University in Ohio. That estimate is based on figures released by the Justice Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

:roll: Back to the topic: It is interesting ju[…]

I informed you that [S]ombart was not focused on […]

bad news for Moscow impelrism , Welcome home […]

I think that the wariness of many scientists to p[…]