Minneapolis Police Shoot Unarmed White Woman To Death - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
One Degree wrote:What else do you want them to do? You are still complaining. Most major cities now have public oversight groups and many like Minneapolis use outside investigators for police shootings. They have done everything to prove they are not the bad guys, but you simply keep insisting they are because you want it that way. Cops are just people and they will have people do stupid things just like the rest of the world. The statistics show they are doing a great job, but you prefer to accept the sensationalized rarity as reality. Join the real world.

Please focus on the actual argument instead of making stuff up about me. Thanks.

I have one response of one policeman still on the job. Do you know of any others? If not, I will assume they all lost their jobs. There was even outrage that the Minnesota police officer was given severance pay when he was fired.

And I will assume that they all kept their jobs.

Because no evidence has been provided to the contrary.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Again, please provide evidence that cops get fired for shooting unarmed people. Thank you.

I have already responded to that twice. You have still not responded to my questions. What else do you want the police to do?
One Degree wrote:What else do you want them to do? You are still complaining. Most major cities now have public oversight groups and many like Minneapolis use outside investigators for police shootings.

Change the law?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ds-amnesty

There are plenty of videos of cops just shooting people and they all got away with it.
Rugoz wrote:Change the law?

There are plenty of videos of cops just shooting people and they all got away with it.

Thank you for providing a response. However, I do not consider Amnesty International a credible source. I would also be interested to know how many countries do meet these international guidelines. UN guidelines tend to be extremely idealistic and therefore generally ignored.
Rugoz wrote:Change the law?

Not only that but police are even whining for MORE protections and special considerations.

The governor of Texas just recently passed hate crime-styled laws protecting police as a persecuted minority. I think other states are pushing for similar laws.

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governo ... ection_act

Governor Greg Abbott today announced an effort to strengthen penalties for crimes committed against law enforcement officers – the Police Protection Act.

“At a time when law enforcement officers increasingly come under assault simply because of the job they hold, Texas must send a resolute message that the State will stand by the men and women who serve and protect our communities,” said Governor Abbott.

The proposal is punctuated by making it a hate crime for anyone to commit a crime against a law enforcement officer out of bias against the police. The Governor will request the Texas legislature to pass the Police Protection Act in the 2017 legislative session.

Governor Abbott’s Police Protection Act includes the following proposals:
•Extend hate crime protections to law enforcement officers;
•Increase criminal penalties for any crime in which the victim is a law enforcement officer, whether or not the crime qualifies as a hate crime;
•Create a culture of respect for law enforcement by organizing a campaign to educate young Texans on the value law enforcement officers bring to their communities;

When you attack people or groups, they fight back. No big surprise here, other than liberals being mad about them fighting back. There was no resistance for so long, I guess they fooled themselves into believing there would not be any. Trump changed that.
Last edited by One Degree on 19 Jul 2017 01:31, edited 1 time in total.
Pants-of-dog wrote:When black cops routinely kill unarmed white people and are consistently found innocent, then you could say it was racism.

Let me know if I miss any racist groups
The police, courts, oversight boards, federal prosecutors, state prosecutors, must all be in on a racist conspiracy that lets police get away with shooting Blacks.
You find this believable?
Pants-of-dog wrote:
-----------------

Nope. I already explained that I am not discussing cops as a group. You can continue to ignore what I actually say, and continue to believe the incorrect idea you have accused me of, but I do not care.

My argument is about systemic bias in the court system. The truth of my claim is the same even if I think no cops are "premeditated serial killers".

You are very confusing. When it suits your needs you take 3 words from a 100 word paragraph someone typed and dissect the meaning and twist the grammar and misrepresent. However as clever as you thought you were being this quote from this very thread tells a different story."If I wanted to kill someone in the US, I would become a cop and then I could shoot them in broad daylight and get away with it. It is not just "you" singular or "yourself" it is rhetorical by definition. You put the entire " group" and " institution" as corrupt people with he tendency to want to murder/kill others unjustly.
I'm about to rant right now, skip if you don't want to listen to me!

White cop shooting poor black person = Why!?! Oh well...
Black cop shooting poor white person = RACISM! RACISM! WE CAN'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS!
Cop shooting rich white person = TOTAL OUTRAGE!!!
How about we just don't have any cops shoot anyone? eh? I don't know about any of you guys but I live in the USA where the police are in one word: Militarized. They can't police properly and end of as a tool of oppression against the poor. They go after the poor (and minorities) when they break the law, why can't they go after the rich? Why can't they get proper training so that they don't shoot at the first sign of aggression? I'm sure plenty are good people, but the police like practically every other US intuition has been twisted to keep the poor down. They arrest people at protests, even peaceful ones. We complain about police in other countries, from Cuba to North Korea but the police serves as a source of human rights abuse right here in the US. Why can't Americans see what's two feet in front of them!

I'm done now
Suntzu wrote:Absolutely, no other explanation.

I wonder where Al Sharpton is?

Look no further

MememyselfandIJK wrote:I'm about to rant right now, skip if you don't want to listen to me!

White cop shooting poor black person = Why!?! Oh well...
Black cop shooting poor white person = RACISM! RACISM! WE CAN'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS!
Cop shooting rich white person = TOTAL OUTRAGE!!!
How about we just don't have any cops shoot anyone? eh? I don't know about any of you guys but I live in the USA where the police are in one word: Militarized. They can't police properly and end of as a tool of oppression against the poor. They go after the poor (and minorities) when they break the law, why can't they go after the rich? Why can't they get proper training so that they don't shoot at the first sign of aggression? I'm sure plenty are good people, but the police like practically every other US intuition has been twisted to keep the poor down. They arrest people at protests, even peaceful ones. We complain about police in other countries, from Cuba to North Korea but the police serves as a source of human rights abuse right here in the US. Why can't Americans see what's two feet in front of them!

I'm done now
It's pretty obvious to any casual observer that the US police behave like an occupying army that views the public as an enemy that needs to be subdued. This is the result of official policy that was developed due to the ease that terrorists and maniacs can access guns in the US.
Nixon advisor: We created the war on drugs to “criminalize” black people and the anti-war left

Of all the wars fought by the American people, on orders from their political masters, 'The War on Drugs' might be the most destructive of them all. A silent war, fought in the 'trenches' (ghettos), with an untold number of lives destroyed. A police force behaving like a para-military organization, a political class that forever manipulates society to their advantage.

If good intentions are paving the road to hell, bad intentions masquerading as 'holier-than-thou' gospel must be the whip that marches the innocent down that very road.
According to Officer Harrity, the pair were “startled by a loud sound” near their squad car before the Australian was shot dead.

In an interview with investigators Mr Harrity said Mr Noor shot dead Ms Damon shortly after hearing the noise.

Media reports and audio obtained from police radio have indicated the “loud sound” could have been fireworks.

At one point the dispatcher asks for a precinct sergeant to acknowledge a report of “two shots heard from the east”.

“We heard those sounds from the station,” an officer responds. “Those are probably aerial fireworks.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/w ... 89f99d384f

The Aussie woman was fatally shot by the police after “two shots heard from the east.” She only had a cellphone with her but Ms Damond approached the driver’s side door of the police vehicle immediately after the noise was heard, acting as if she had been the shooter.

talking about religion As I should be doing. Th[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLEFm2BjyoY http[…]

The reality is that post ww2 'west' only exists t[…]

Someone's personal level of outrage doesn't give […]