Quiz for 'educated' historians - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

FiveofSwords wrote:Measuring gdp in use is not very useful, especially considering Hitler immediately abolished the gold standard and other countries followed suit quickly. Also, he removed the reischbank from global markets and got rid of the stock exchange. But just in terms of how much stuff was produced per year, Germany was well ahead of the usa. And the income was better distributed.

Nationalism is not really based on myth. Myths always exist around anything important to people. But the fact that people from different nations are in fact different and thrive in different environments is 100% true

Caught with another lie. Why am I not surprised?
FiveofSwords wrote:About a year after Hitler was elected Germany had by far the highest gdp of any country on earth

This is still not true if you use 2011 international USD. The following countries were above Germany in 1934:

Total GDP:

US: US$1,101bn
China: US$471bn
USSR: US$464bn
UK: US$417bn
Germany: US$408bn

Per capita:

Switzerland: US$9,997
UK: US$8,939
USA: US$8,667
Denmark: US$8,611
Australia: US$8,066
Netherlands: US$7,659
New Zealand: US$7,600
Belgium: US$7,371
Sweden: US$6,845
France: US$6,682
Germany: US$6,150

Source: Maddison Project Database (2023)
FiveofSwords wrote:Now...because I personally have read actual primary sources rather than relying on Netflix or YouTube for my information

I live in Argentinia and can actually speak to firsthand sources because they are my friends, and I love them. They're on my trivia team at the bar.

Please, feel free to ask me anything. I'll bring it up the next time we order a bucket of cervesas.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I live in Argentinia and can actually speak to firsthand sources because they are my friends, and I love them. They're on my trivia team at the bar.

Please, feel free to ask me anything. I'll bring it up the next time we order a bucket of cervesas.

The nsdap hasn't existed since 1945. Nobody alive today can be considered a primary source
I don't want to get into the reasons why my friends moved to Argetinia in the 40's but trust me they know what they're talking about. They're really cool dudes, they know a lot about beer, I trust them.

So you agree that slavery was used to steal techn[…]

If vitamin D deficiency was such a problem, why a[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Prof Timothy Snyder of Yale: "...defeat is a […]

update : https://x.com/i/status/1805691458881511[…]