Jill Biden for President? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
If Joe Biden should experience a rapid decline in his physical and mental condition in the coming weeks, Democrats may face the unpleasant choice of finding a replacement who has name recognition.

Only Gavin Newsom of California has a prominent “brand” but one that is tarnished by the state’s experiences with homelessness, property crimes and a mounting deficit: easy targets for MAGA and Fox News.

So, dump the old man but keep the name. At 73, Jill Biden is elderly but alert and active. She has made several trips abroad without her husband, including a trip to Japan where she met with Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga and his wife. Per Wikipedia: she became the most requested surrogate of anyone in the Biden administration (including her husband) during fall 2022 campaigns and often was utilized in Republican-leaning areas.
I wonder how that would work logistically. The 25th amendment is explicit about the presidency passing to the VP. Assuming that this happens before the election, I suppose that it is hypothetically possible that the Democrats would ask Kamala, then president, to step aside and run as VP beside Jill. Would she oblige? How would the electorate react to Democrats tacitly admitting that Kamala is not presidential material?

If vitamin D deficiency was such a problem, why a[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Prof Timothy Snyder of Yale: "...defeat is a […]

update : https://x.com/i/status/1805691458881511[…]

No different from all sorts of actors, even studen[…]