I Reject, I Affirm. ''Raising the Black Flag'' in an Age of Devilry. - Page 92 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
@Godstud , @Tainari88 , @Potemkin

@Verv , and others:

I admittedly look at recent events with a different eye, in which the Modern project and Westernization is the same as the Americanization of the world and the Papacy is the first iteration of Protestantism which was the theological expression of these ideas, where they began. Where barbarism is good and civilization as I define it is bad. And where I absolutely affirm that while coming from different geopolitical camps, the Russian Federation and Israel will wind up being allies before it's all said and done.

With all this in mind I would like to reflect on and riff off of this guy's essay:

https://simplicius76.substack.com/p/sit ... oil-trends

Next few posts will proceed from this starting point. For a beginning, let me just say that in these sorts of instances words mean little, and intentions possibly even less. And in some circumstances, maybe nothing if at all if there is a hidden understanding.
annatar1914 wrote:@Godstud , @Tainari88 , @Potemkin

@Verv , and others:

I admittedly look at recent events with a different eye, in which the Modern project and Westernization is the same as the Americanization of the world and the Papacy is the first iteration of Protestantism which was the theological expression of these ideas, where they began. Where barbarism is good and civilization as I define it is bad. And where I absolutely affirm that while coming from different geopolitical camps, the Russian Federation and Israel will wind up being allies before it's all said and done.

With all this in mind I would like to reflect on and riff off of this guy's essay:

https://simplicius76.substack.com/p/sit ... oil-trends

Next few posts will proceed from this starting point. For a beginning, let me just say that in these sorts of instances words mean little, and intentions possibly even less. And in some circumstances, maybe nothing if at all if there is a hidden understanding.

@Tainari88 , @Verv , @Potemkin , and @Godstud :

Actually, I'd rather after serious reflection, start with causes and end with effects. Since I am an Orthodox Christian and this is the spirituality sub forum, it seems only appropriate. This might take several posts to elaborate.

But for starters there is salvation history and an awareness of existential evil, the paradox of the fallen world that the Evil which attacks the Good illuminates that which is Good and causes it to shine all the brighter for those who think and seek.

Next post I will go into detail, but suffice it enough for today to say that Russia is Israel, and Israel is Russia, in a profoundly ontological sense.

One of the experts - Danny Friedman (a Jew) - on t[…]

It's a good thing the Karen was arrested

Do you believe in race or what, dude? Here you ar[…]

You do not respect that if it contradicts your b[…]