Mass shooting by a woman in the US. Four dead. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Godstud wrote:The Golgafrinchan Ark Fleet Ship B was a way of removing the basically useless citizens from the planet of Golgafrincham. A variety of stories were formed about the doom of the planet, such as blowing up, crashing into the sun or being eaten by a mutant star goat. The ship was filled with all the middlemen of Golgafrincham, such as the telephone sanitisers, account executives, hairdressers, tired TV producers, insurance salesmen, personnel officers, security guards, public relations executives and management consultants.

Ark Fleet ships A and C were supposed to carry the people who ruled, thought, or actually did useful work.

The ship was programmed to crash onto its designated planet, Earth. The captain remembers that he was told a good reason for this, but had forgotten it, although the reason was later revealed to be because the Ark Ship B Golgafrinchans were a 'bunch of useless idiots'.

The ship crashes onto the supercomputer Earth and is wrecked, but many of the passengers and crew survive. They begin running the planet in accordance with their previous useless ways. Arthur and Ford agree that this explains a lot about later Earth inhabitants.

The metaphor is too perfect. :lol: Europe basically got all of its worthless people together (people who still wanted to burn women to death for witchcraft when even the catholic church had stopped, free market zealots, petty criminals on the run from justice etc) and persecuted them 'till they left and they then forged a great society, a melting pot of all that was wrong with the various European states over on the other side of the pacific where they couldn't bother anyone (well they started wiping out the natives the second they got independence but you know what I mean).
Last edited by Decky on 22 Sep 2018 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
Just a thought: if one loses his job in the US, the consequences can be catastrophic, including homelessness, poverty, etc. In Canada, there are more social nets to alleviate a loss of employment. So it seems some people in the US come to their old work place and take it out on their colleagues and bosses.
Oxymandias wrote:@Suntzu

Poverty makes everyone want to kill each other. The solution to poverty is employment but institutional racism prevents blacks from getting jobs let alone attaining social mobility.

Really? Most of the poor folks in the U.S. are White. Mexicans don't seem to have a problem finding work in the U.S. :roll:
@Decky, if you want to start believing in biological determinism, I will not even be upset if you use it for clumsy remarks about European-Americans as being the dregs of Europe sent over. I won't mind at all if that is what it takes for you to actually appraise other situations along theselines.

Just take a look at the picture -- this wasn't a European who bee-bopped & dapped into N. America.

@Godstud, it's definitely true that there are unhinged lunatics on the right as well.

But none of our people mutilate their genitals & take hormones, so, one up on that one, bro.
Suntzu wrote:They are killin' each other because we treat them badly? :eh:

Imagine yourself taking control on public and or private institutions. With your inherent biases against Blacks what you do, if those said Blacks not only not confirm to your views but have institutions and communities superior to yours? Would your mind comprehend it? Or would you destroyed it to lease your bias mind. Your comment on Tulsa says the latter.......
Verv wrote:Aren't you being racist against Muslim refugees when you insult our circumcisions, though? :knife:

Islam isn't a race, do they not have schools in the colonies? You can no more be racist to Muslims than you can be racist to Scientologists or stamp collectors.

To be honest Verv I can't really tell the difference between American conservatives and Muslims. Your views on women's rights, gay rights, mutilation of people's genitals and most other political issues are more or less identical. Even as we speak the US militarily is trying to overthrow Assad's secular government and put ISIS into power just as you overthrew the secular government in Afghanistan and put the Taliban into power.

The only thing separating you from the guys in Guantanamo is a big beard and tan, if you had those things even your own mother would not be able to tell you apart.
Oxymandias wrote:@Suntzu

Blacks have a higher poverty rate than whites. Whites only make up the majority simply because a majority of people in the US are white. Furthermore, Mexicans have the second largest poverty rate in the US so you're argument is still moot.

I get it. Blacks make up 13% of the population and commit half the murders and Whites make up 65% of the population and commit 25% of the murders because the number of poor Whites and poor Blacks is about the same. Thanks for explaining that to me.

The solution to poverty is work. Anyone willing to work in the U.S. won't be poor.
Suntzu wrote:The solution to poverty is work. Anyone willing to work in the U.S. won't be poor.

I seriously doubt anyone would say that poor people shouldn't work, but you're seriously not understanding the situation a lot of people in poverty have. If you really cared, you would include education, healthcare, and labor measures like minimum wage.
Zagadka wrote:I seriously doubt anyone would say that poor people shouldn't work, but you're seriously not understanding the situation a lot of people in poverty have. If you really cared, you would include education, healthcare, and labor measures like minimum wage.

The problem is, I understand. There are something like 50,000,000 folks in the U.S. who are able bodied and not working. Employers are begging for workers. All you need to do is pass a drug test and show up. Folks from Mexico and Central America who can't even speak the language manage.
Because the US is such a badly policed shithole, it is possible there would be more deaths if the law-abiding citizen was denied access to a firearm.

There are between 32-36,000 deaths due to "injury by firearms" each year.

The US National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS), which is conducted in tens of thousands of households, suggests that victims use guns for self-defence 65,000 times a year.

:|
@Godstud, right, "Islam" is not a race, but I think you are trying to sound like you're normally rigorous about what counts as "racism" when the left is anything but. To the left, you can be racist if you simply want to promote any vague sense of nationalism.

But, IDK, it has been a while. Perhaps Godstud really is rigorous on these things and really exacting in his terminology. So, OK, if that is the case, I misspoke, and I apologize, I should have said "discriminatory."

On the second part...

A Christian conservative shares parallels with the Taliban and other Islamists if you are entirely ignorant of theology and nuance.

But yeah, I mean, sure: I generally think a Muslim is several times more moral and rational than your typical postmodern leftist who balks at the idea of saying it's morally questionable to have sex with half a dozen strangers in a bath house.

I guess that puts us all in a camp together -- because anybody who opposes hypermodernity is some kind of extremist. :lol:

@FiveofSwords If you think that science is mer[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]