Once Democrats/the Left are Back in power, Will They Seek Revenge Over Trump? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Democrats and leftists have been getting consistently worked up over Trump's atrocities, not caring that most of them turn out to be either made up or remain unsubstantiated. The Russian thing refuses to go away and would probably not be much effected by the course of the actual investigation at this rate. Improvements in the economy and results in foreign policy are ignored or credited irrationally to Obama. Foreign policy and leadership is mostly treated by the left as an issue of "niceness" and does not seem to be weighed on the basis of results, which is to say that not only are Trump's results disregarded by leftists but that Trump is, to them, effectively a despot engaged in a reign of terror.

Once Trumpism is gone, in 3 years, or 7, or more than that, will these people feel that revenge for his alleged reign of terror is appropriate?
Zagadka wrote:Depends what you mean by "revenge"... attacking him personally, or undoing the damage from his policies?

Either or, the most obvious thing I can think of is they will restore regulations that (in being repealed) have improved the economy in blue collar areas, not only in the name of environmentalism but that they will actively call it revenge. Starting new investigations into Trump and his family also seems likely.
Then yes, based on data more comprehensive than less than a year in office. If I'm wrong and his shit doesn't suck, then removing it just because would be stupid.

In your view, are you all just getting revenge on Obama?
Zagadka wrote:Then yes, based on data more comprehensive than less than a year in office. If I'm wrong and his shit doesn't suck, then removing it just because would be stupid.

In your view, are you all just getting revenge on Obama?

No but may have missed one of my points, or the significance of it. Do you think people will actually term what they are doing revenge, or that it would matter if they did?
<shrug> I'd believe that they just think the policies are wrong. I can't speak to someone just reversing everything Obama did even if they were OK with it. I'm sure there are people on both sides of the aisle doing so, but in general, no.
Zagadka wrote:Depends what you mean by "revenge"... attacking him personally, or undoing the damage from his policies?

Trump is a moron unable to differentiate criticism or disagreement from a personal attack, so no matter what happens he will interpret it that way.

Either way, Trump will continue to be ineffective at advancing his policy, or dictating policy, or wielding Executive authority.
Hong Wu wrote:Either or, the most obvious thing I can think of is they will restore regulations that (in being repealed) have improved the economy in blue collar areas, not only in the name of environmentalism but that they will actively call it revenge. Starting new investigations into Trump and his family also seems likely.

Corporations have a tendency to damage the environment which is why they are essential. Damage to the environment harms everyone while the benefit to the corporation only benefits their profits. That's why a return to power is likely to see restoration in regulations that offer such protection. Revenge? To see others wishing to implement policies you disagree with as "revenge" is a little totalitarian.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house without[…]

@Pants-of-dog If you put it to a vote, you'd fin[…]

Are you hoping I want aids? No, I want you to b[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Then why are people like you so worried about The[…]