Proud of my fellow Aussies - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
anasawad wrote:Since its stated clearly that where god exist non of our universe rules then no. No one can.
But by logical and philosophical analysis. I just wrote it up there.

Btw. Respectfully but you are the one evading points now.

Ask me I direct question and I will give you a direct answer.
I have a logical answer to your question and you ignored it.
You want scientific proof. Then one can be from our present world. About the world of god then it os clearly stated that nothing here applies there. For example . The rules of gravity and spacetime are hardly anywhere the same with black holes and neutron stars or even different types of stars. And thats within our universe . God's world and heaven is siad different .though in description its said people will never age . So if we want to meassure it to our rules. Then we would be made of energy so time doesnt effect us. Thus we never age. Thats first to come to my mimd about explaining the given description.
And since god is infinite then infinite energy also applies to hem.meaning gods energy cancels spacetime.
Religion at basic definition is the over all system of believe which one follows.considering that following it would spawn from logical human instincts and awarnwss. Then religion by default is a system of believe based on logic which one holds.
Thus by extention. Religion is based on logic.
You're an athiest.athiesm is beleived to be the lack of religion. Yet in reality athiesm holds all the prospects and definition of a religion. Meaning even athiesm is a religion.
anasawad wrote:Religion is based on logic.
Religion is based on faith, not logic, nor reason. Zionist Nationalist is correct.

anasawad wrote:You're an athiest.athiesm is beleived to be the lack of religion. Yet in reality athiesm holds all the prospects and definition of a religion. Meaning even athiesm is a religion.
Incorrect. Whereas SOME people might think that, Atheism is Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.. Saying it's the belief in lack of belief is absurd, and only the argument of religious people who are trying to find some reason why someone wouldn't want to believe in their god. In order to bring some kind of "faith" into it, they make up an excuse of atheism still being religion, but of a different kind.

Atheism is not a religion. Comparing it to one only shows that you don't know what religion is.

Look at the very definition of religion(Oxford dictionary):
The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods
A particular system of faith and worship
A pursuit or interest followed with great devotion

Atheists do not have faith in their absence of faith... nor do they worship. Whereas there are indeed a very few who might parade around promoting atheism, this is exceedingly rare. That said, atheism of the strongest, and most fervent kind, has only very tiny similarity to religion. The vast majority of atheists do not fall into that category.
Except religions arent strictly about god. There are religion worshipping animals. Trees. Satan. Even people and saints or planets. Until now. Non of those are gods. Yet they're worshipped and they're actual religions.
So religion includes worshipping god yet not all religions worship a god.
Religion is a set of believes and principles. Thus it is simillar or is a religion.

-the debate is not about whether athiesm is a religion or not. I was using it as an example to show that religion is based on human believes and thus relates to logic.
If you some principle doesnt seem logical to you or reasonable then you wont believe it.
So if a religion doesnt seem logical you wont follow it. So to follow a religion it has to fit your own logic meaning your believe in the religion is based on logic. Thus by extension religion connects to logic.

According to wikipedia which is written right under the definition you posted.
A religion is a set of principles. Practices. Faith anf believes. Organisation etc. Which a person holds.
A religion is a set of principles. Practices. Faith anf believes. Organisation etc. Which a person holds.

Yeah and it have nothing to do with logic

belief(and faith) =/= logic

science is logic and science is always advancing and changing while religion is staying behind while stating all kinds of excuses to stay relevant in the modern world
Human logic is not a pre set mix of concepts and values. Logic differs within people and evolves in aspect of science.
What is scientifically logical today was not logical a 100 years ago.
And for people. Things that might be logical to me might be illogical for you.
Because each's person logic is based on the sum of all experiences,thoughts and cultural influence a person had in his life.
So my faith is because i see what i believe in is logical in my view. So my faith is based on my logic. And since i do believe in a religion then that religion must connect with my logic,while seeming illogical to you.
According to us. No. According to them. They're basing it on what they percieve so yes.
As i said. Logic is not somethingvset. Whats logical for someone doesnt have to be logical for anther.
anasawad wrote:According to us. No. According to them. They're basing it on what they percieve so yes.
As i said. Logic is not somethingvset. Whats logical for someone doesnt have to be logical for anther.

Logic is impersonal. It's just logic.
anasawad wrote: They're basing it on what they percieve so yes.
Basing things on perception is often just another way of saying 'opinion'. It's not logical to ignore facts and believe in something. Ignoring facts to believe what you want is illogical.
True. Whoch os why education and scoence os important. However not everyone has the same bases thus not everyone percieve things in same matter. Meaning that the logical analysis is limited by level of knowledge.
Though i disagree that logic is pre-ser. Each cultural group has its own principles of logic.
And logic is the result from human reasoning. So logoc can be said to be based on personal views.
anasawad wrote:True. Whoch os why education and scoence os important. However not everyone has the same bases thus not everyone percieve things in same matter. Meaning that the logical analysis is limited by level of knowledge.
Though i disagree that logic is pre-ser. Each cultural group has its own principles of logic.
And logic is the result from human reasoning. So logoc can be said to be based on personal views.

Disagree. As I said, logic is impersonal.
Boolean algebra is empirical.
anasawad wrote:Actually we're not flawed nor perfect. In the quran many times god said he distinguished us with our minds and that when we go wrong we choose to go wrong. Meaning that we can either be perfect or we can flawed.
God is all justice meaning he will give us exactly what we deserve nothing more and nothing less . Then anther be mercyfull and god will be mercyfull on you. Its you who set the path. And the consequence of your choise will be fitting for it.
Free well is not flawed but with free well you can choose to be flawed because free well it self is a concept that cant be judged by it self but by the person.
I'd like to give you an example that I read about in the news the other day:

Police rescued the little girl from a Mesa apartment on Monday after a tipster alerted them of her condition. Responding officers reported finding the child inside a closet. According to the probable cause statement, the child, who was wearing a diaper and T-shirt, was bound, gagged and "inside a black trash bag with only the top of her head exposed. The victim was covered in human feces."

The child's babysitter, Francisco Javier Rios-Covarrubias, 30, faces charges of sexual conduct with a minor and felony child abuse. The child's mother, Mayra Yomali Solis, 22, is facing a single charge of child abuse.

The witness told police the child's mouth was taped shut and her hands were bound.
Source
According to another source, the child can neither speak nor stand unsupported.

Now, the adults in this story obviously used their free will and probably failed the test that your god allegedly cooked up for them. What interests me is this:

Did the toddler pass the test?
What was she tested for?
If the test wasn't meant for her, but for the adults, what does it say about a deity that objectifies one of his creations, a living, feeling being with a soul, to use her as a tool for testing the adults?
If your god is omniscient, wouldn't he know that the adults are morally deficient and extrapolate their behavior?
If he's omnipotent, why did he let the abuse go on for three years before he deigned to arrange her rescue?
Well. Again. This is simply blame throwing. Why ?
As i said earlier. God gave us the ability, the material and the method to solve all our problems. With crime being one of those problems. When not only we dont apply the methods or use the materials he gave us. But onfact refuse to do so. Then obviously problems will happen. Not becuasegod failed. No . Because we failed to solve the problems.
I will take 2 much bigger examples than this case as horrifying as it is.
1-poverty. There are i believe 600-700 million peiple world wide under poverty line. With 100 million of those with food shortage.meaning they can barely find food to eat . And many die from this . Slow and painful death.
Whats the solution according to god ?. Simple each person who is not poor muat pay 2.5% of his wealth annually to the poor.
And the problem is gone. There wont be poor, homeless, stsrved people in the world.
Now for us applying thats a different case. Because many of us want to see poveety gone. Or atleast we say we do. But do we actually try to solve it ? No . Those millions of people protesting everywhere for redicolous reasons. Of they demanded that just the rich people pay this percentage for one year. And problem solved. Do they do it? No. Does anyone try to promote it? No. Does anyone actually care about the poor ? Rarely. See . God did tell us what to do . And gave us everything we needed. We simply dont want to.
2-for crimes. I will take rape for example. God gave us the system in which everyone male and female would be satisfied. And no one would need to rape for it. But we all know that for some enough is never enough . So what did god say for it. Cut off their arms and legs and crucify them. Now if this system is applied. How many do you think will do the crime ?
But not only we dont apply it but we actually empower criminals to do their crimes. If someone did a crime we ll make hem excuses and fight for his or her rights and forget about the crime. And thus results more crime. In many countries how many do you think get off easy by pleaing insane ? Way too many. Those in the case you sourced. If they knew the punishment would be to hoerifying if they were caught and the risk is too high do you think they would have done so ? Or if the moral system was applied and taught do you think they would have abused the child ? Obviously not. But when something like this happen . We dont count our responsibility. Or why did these things happen .no we just go around looking for first thing to put the blame on .
Now god can stop it from happening and knew full well its happening. But how could humanity be tested if everytime something happeneds god will interfere and solve it. Why will there be punishment and reward god will do all the work for us. If we expect god to do everything for us and us not doing anything whats the difference between us and some pet animals ?. And trust me these thongs arent going to stop anytime soon.why ? Because not inly we dont care to stop it buts actually benifitial for us to keep it going. And when we disobey his orders. In this life it is benificial forsome of us. Although harmful to others but we simply dont care. And thats not god's fault. Thats our fault.

And btw. No. There are some people who dont get pnuished or trialled by god which includes kids.
World War II Day by Day

Hitler's vision was for a long term sustainable w[…]

Why claim something that's so easily proven wrong[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Ha-ha, Kremlin's friend Serbia made some extra mon[…]

Guess we'll find out Oh, we will since the DA d[…]