Boxing - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By unbalanced zealot
Mayweather vs Pacquaio is finally going to happen. 5 years too late though.

Still going to be an important fight, but unless it's a real war, it's going to be tainted as a past prime/past prime cash in, especially for Floyd if he wins easily.

In higher weights the most interesting new players are either coming up in cruiser or sitting in the WBS/amatuer ranks waiting to maybe turn pro.
By One Degree
I was a big boxing fan until Don King and his ilk destroyed it for me.
It should be the greatest sport, but corruption has destroyed it like so many other things.
I can't watch a fight without wondering if it is fixed.
By Crantag
On Pac-Mayweather, while they are past their prime, one think going for the fight is that actually when two great fighters have perhaps begun to slip a little bit, it can make for more intense action, ala Ali-Frazier 3. I actually think that Mayweather is the one who has started to show his age more though. Aside from getting KO'd by Marquez (a one punch knockout in a fight which Pacquiao was winning and in which he had Marquez on the floor), Pacquiao has looked pretty good in his fights I think (the first Bradley fight was almost universally regarded as a highway robbery).

It is unfortunate that the fight took so long to make. But Pacquiao still has his speed, power, combination punching, aggression. Floyd has looked hittable in recent fights. That leaves the conversation open that Pacquiao may indeed trouble him.

Mayweather is still regarded as a pretty decent favorite. But the fight does have some certain intrigue to it.
By unbalanced zealot
I can't disagree with any of the points you made there.

Looking at it from a glass-half-full perspective Pac-Mayweather has maybe just sneaked in late in the window of being meaningful in a historical sense.

I think Floyd will be really tested dealing an volume punching southpaw with big fight experience. Probably why he avoided this fight as long as he did.
By fiveam
I definitely would have preferred to have seen this fight a few years ago, but maybe there is something to what mayweather was saying about PEDs, so why risk loosing if you know the other guy is using drugs, no disrespect to Pac though, he's a true beast
By unbalanced zealot
Not that this will mean much to most people but cruisers Denis Lebedev, Dmitry Kudryashov and Rakhim Chakhkiev all fighting in Moscow this week-end.

My favourite fighter in any division ATM is Oleksandr Usyk who may well be coming up to meet one of these guys before too long. Huck too with any luck. Kudryashov is awesome KO'd JC Gomez in one not too long ago. Povetkin is my fav HW and he's just signed to meet Mike Perez.
By R_G
Klitschko vs. Jennings April 25th.
By Lexington
I don't even follow boxing but apparently I'm going to pay like $30 cover or something to see this with some friends tonight.

The actual tickets are like $3,000, it's ridiculous
By Rancid
I don't care for the sport, but would like to see Maywhether get a beat down. I've seen is previous fights at a friends house. I just don't like him.
By Istanbuller
How can you be sure about that?

I can tell you that when it is a real fight, there are not much fighting capacity differences between two men who can be considered as peers.

I don't care for the sport, but would like to see Maywhether get a beat down. I've seen is previous fights at a friends house. I just don't like him.

I found a video for you that guy lost the match. The winner guy is a Turkish person living in Bulgaria.
By Rancid
Shutup TCR. Istanbuller knows everything about engineering, and how to fight.
By Red_Army
I don't really get the rules of this sport. Both of them were unbloodied and kicking ass. The points system is stupid, call it a draw unless its obvious.
By jessupjonesjnr87
Istanbuller wrote:I find boxing as a sport very fake. I wonder what these guys can do in a real fight.

It's a sport, not an indoor street fight. Is formula one fake because they drive on a track instead of rush hour street traffic?

It certainly not fight of the century, Pacquiao was very disappointing.
By One Degree
I can tell you that when it is a real fight, there are not much fighting capacity differences between two men who can be considered as peers.

Boxing needs to be watched as psychology. You can predict the winner very early based upon the results of the psychology dominance that takes place. Istanbuller is right in this regard. You can not totally disregard natural reflexes and training, but it is secondary to the psychology of the moment.
Edit:
For example, you throw a left jab at your opponent just to feel him out. Instead, you get a solid connection and he stumbles back 3 feet. You have not hurt him physically, but you now have the dominant psychological position. On the other hand, you throw a knock out punch and the balance is all wrong and you end up giving him a light tap on the jaw. The psychology is all against you now. You have instilled fear of your own abilities.

Ireland joins South Africa in the charges of genoc[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Everything is good here, @wat0n :)

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]