AFL tips/thread - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By AVT
colliric wrote:My Top 8 Tips:
Collingwood(in the best form of the top 4 sides, my Premiership tip, and also, well, my team!! Go Pies!)
Sydney
Adelaide
West Coast
Hawthorn
St Kilda
Essendon(Sides that lose to Melbourne do not make the top 4.... they will drop)
Richmond(Yes I tipped Richmond)

Geelong will miss out, finishing Ninth.

After the Saints poor display yesterday I doubt they will make the top 8 but it is the most exciting season for many years, all 8 teams will have a chance to win the gf. Here is my tip:

Collingwood
Sydney
West Coast (My team)
Hawthorn
Adelaide
Essendon
Geelong
Richmond
By colliric
Saying West Coast will finish higher than Hawthown is a little biased....
By Notorious B.i.G.
And saying Collingwood will be first isn't biased?
Besides, West Coast will easily finish above Hawthorn.
By colliric
Notorious B.i.G. wrote:And saying Collingwood will be first isn't biased?
Besides, West Coast will easily finish above Hawthorn.

Not when we've won 10 in a row, are premiership favourites, and most other tipsters are tiping us to finish top, and adding to that we play the out of form Carlton next friday(pencil in the 11th win already)....
By colliric
unbalanced zealot wrote:I have a feeling West Coast will be in a grand final soon, if not this year then 2013/14.

This year is almost certainly Collingwood VS Sydney...

and Hawthorn is closer than West Coast based on current form.
By Notorious B.i.G.
colliric wrote:and Hawthorn is closer than West Coast based on current form.

No way. West Coast is by far the better team than Hawthorn.

GF will be WC and Collingwood

Carlton will beat Collingwood tonight (Friday)
By Notorious B.i.G.
haha! Fucking Collingwood... I told you so Crollic. 23 points, Collingwobbles!
WCE will be in the GF for sure, doubtful Pies will be now
By colliric
Notorious B.i.G. wrote:haha! Fucking Collingwood... I told you so Crollic. 23 points, Collingwobbles!
WCE will be in the GF for sure, doubtful Pies will be now

I was at the Game(working at the MCG), Collingwood played terrible today and I doubt that will be repeated next week. It was a terribly cold day, and Carlton had everything to lose while we're sitting on top of the ladder with 10 wins on the trot(before tonight).....

It was a classic case of "top side a game clear thinking it's going to win, so taking it easy VS A side who if they lose can write off the rest of the season"... They got lazy and lost against a side who were desprate to win to stay in the finals race....

Collingwood should be back to normal next week against Geelong(will be hard but we will play much better than this next week).

Probably be a repeat of earlier in the year... Carlton losing shitloads of games after thinking they were so good beating us, while we go on to win another 10 in a row.....
By Notorious B.i.G.
Collingwood go from 1st to 4th in one week.
They'll have to beat Geelong, otherwise when Hawthorn win next weekend Collingwood will be down to 5th (6th if bombers take a win).

After the weekend, I think Sydney is looking like a GF side.
I still think Collingwood v WCE, but it could be either of those two and Sydney now...
By colliric
Notorious B.i.G. wrote:Collingwood go from 1st to 4th in one week.
They'll have to beat Geelong, otherwise when Hawthorn win next weekend Collingwood will be down to 5th (6th if bombers take a win).

After the weekend, I think Sydney is looking like a GF side.
I still think Collingwood v WCE, but it could be either of those two and Sydney now...

Geelong almost lost to Gold Coast who actually looked pretty good for once.

We should be back on top next week. After all that Carlton game was a one-off, just like last time.
By Notorious B.i.G.
Cold Coast have had a few close games at Metricon Stadium (NM is one that comes to mind). So it's not surprising, and not really indicative of form.
Geelong are a good side still, and they have over the years matched up well against Collingwood (and vice versa when Geelong was THE team about 3-4 years ago, Collingwood took Geelong despite losing).
I think one thing we can agree on is that it will be a ripper of a game.
By colliric
Notorious B.i.G. wrote:Cold Coast have had a few close games at Metricon Stadium (NM is one that comes to mind). So it's not surprising, and not really indicative of form.
Geelong are a good side still, and they have over the years matched up well against Collingwood (and vice versa when Geelong was THE team about 3-4 years ago, Collingwood took Geelong despite losing).
I think one thing we can agree on is that it will be a ripper of a game.

Yeah, but traditionally side that travel up there(or to perth) and struggle to win usually then, once returning, stuggle to beat a side that hasn't travelled. The odds are really stacked against Geelong...

also Gold Coast are obviously slowly improving, Next year they might get out of that "New team" bottom of the ladder rut.
By Notorious B.i.G.
I must admit I tipped Collingwood for tonight but I want Geelong to win. Well not really I dislike Geelong too... but ABC!
By colliric
Notorious B.i.G. wrote:I must admit I tipped Collingwood for tonight but I want Geelong to win. Well not really I dislike Geelong too... but ABC!

It's tommorow night... not tonight.
By colliric
Notorious B.i.G. wrote:Yes. NM vs CARLton to tonight. My bad. I tipped North to win against the odds.

Good Tip!
By unbalanced zealot
Is there some plan for the Kangaroos relocating to Ballarat and/or Bendigo or be based somehow in regional Victoria? I thought I read about this a while back.
By Notorious B.i.G.
No there isn't (well anymore) there may have been a few years ago.
It won't happen because NM are now playing home games in Tasmania. Hobart I think (Hawthorn playing in Launceston).
So NM has two bases to play home games from now. I can't see the Regional VIC thing working. Besides, Geelong has the country following sowen up. Every country Victorian I know basically goes for Geelong even if they're from North Eastern Gippsland!
By colliric
Told you the Carlton loss was just a "blip" and everything would be back to normal the following week!

Boy Geelong's travel really showed in the first quarter... they looked like Frankenstien at times with how slow and slippery they were. I'm suprised they cobbled together a good 3 quarters in the end to stop it from being a total embarrasment.

Currently praying for a draw tommorrow!

LOL, Carlton are now 12th, what a diffrence a week makes!

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]