NHL 2012 Playoff Predictions Thread - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Sorry for posting my third round predictions late. I did them before the round started with a friend but I did not really bother to post them here in them since I didn't know we were counting points and all that. Please accept them, and I do think one game doesn't really make a difference.
Why did I get banned from the contest last year? I don't recall....

Anyhow, if Rangers win again tonight, looks like the standings won't alter much.
R_G wrote:Why did I get banned from the contest last year? I don't recall....

I think you tried to have sex with one of the scorekeepers in order to bump your position in the standings.

Lensky1917 wrote:Rangers coach, John Tortorella sure was acting like a douche after the game.

That's different from normal... how exactly? :knife:
Demosthenes wrote:I think you tried to have sex with one of the scorekeepers in order to bump your position in the standings.

:lol:

Demosthenes wrote:That's different from normal... how exactly?

Hey, I'm new to hockey. And I don't exactly follow the Rangers. :roll:

I did read that he once went after a fan with a hockey stick, so I guess being a douche to the press must be pretty mild behavior for him. :hmm:
Captain Sam wrote:In round 3 it's 3 points for guessing the correct winner and then 1 point for the number of games bonus?

Correct. In the Stanley Cup final it will be four points for guessing the correct winner and one point for number of games bonus.

I actually first put LA in 5, but edited it to 6 as I thought Phoenix would give them a harder challenge. :(
Lensky1917 wrote:Okay, so not only have I surpassed FrenchFried, but RG as well? :eek:

Double-edged sword.

If the Rangers win Game 5 tonight, then you stand at 3 points max for picking the Devils.

Meanwhile I'll still be a point behind or tied with Brio if the Rangers win and if they win in 6.

After the late picks were allowed by Dem, I strongly considered switching my vote for the Kings but I got greedy on account of wanting to win this Pick-Em THIS round. Which if the Yotes and Rangers both won, I in effect would have, unless I'm missing something.
R_G wrote:Double-edged sword.

If the Rangers win Game 5 tonight, then you stand at 3 points max for picking the Devils.

Hey, I'm a rookie and you're Canadian so I'm just amazed that I passed you at all. :D

Of course the best I can hope for is 2nd. :hmm:

Damn you, Brio! :p
I'm just glad to get off of four points! The scoring detail is laid out in the first post in this thread, although in hindsight, I'm not wild about how it puts the most empahsis on the first round with 16 possible points. Then 12 in the second, 8 in the third, and only 5 in the last round. Maybe next year the bonus should go up as well to help make each round as valuable as any other. :?:
Demosthenes wrote:I'm just glad to get off of four points! The scoring detail is laid out in the first post in this thread, although in hindsight, I'm not wild about how it puts the most empahsis on the first round with 16 possible points. Then 12 in the second, 8 in the third, and only 5 in the last round. Maybe next year the bonus should go up as well to help make each round as valuable as any other. :?:

No....THAT would be damn crazy.

Of course the first round has the most points, cause you're picking 8 matches.

Why would it be any different?

It's perfect the way it is.
R_G wrote:Anyway, I should tell you all that the loLenskywest seed to ever win the Cup was a 5th seed.

So the odds that both the Yotes and Rangers lose? Like 1%?

Enjoy.

Your tenuous grasp of statistics has failed you once again. :D

R_G wrote:That said, seems like I'll win the Rangers pick anywho so....yeah...

So....yeah....how do you like em apples?

Lensky1917 wrote:How do the points stand?

By my count the scores are as follows:

Brio - 18 (3pts for LA in 6, 4 pts for NJ in 6)
Lensky -15 (4 pts for LA in 5, 4 pts for NJ in 6)
French Fried - 13 (3 pts for LA in 7, 3 pts for NJ in 5)
Captain Sam - 13 (4 pts for LA in 5, 3 pts for NJ in 7)
hip hop bunny hop - 12 (3 pts for LA in 7, 3 pts for NJ in 7)
Eauz - 11 (3pts for LA in 6, 3 pts for NJ in 7)
R_G - 10 (0 pts for PHO in 6, 0 pts for NYR in 6)
Demosthenes - 8 (4 pts for LA in 5, 0 pts for NYR in 6)

If anyone spots an error in my scoring of this round, please tell me.

Congratulations Lensky, on getting an 8 out of possible 8 points this round (I should have gone with my first instincts).

Can they just catch all the bits with a giant bag[…]

They are not mutually exclusive. Note that this e[…]

Source Besides the obvious failures of this […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Also in some other good news, Russia will soon dep[…]