ePub Call for Papers II (April) - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Co-ordination of all publishing projects.

Moderator: Administrators PoFo

By Cartertonian
I confess I thought that, given the number of impressive and relatively serious contributions to the first edition, my feeble flippancy would likely as not be unwelcome. If, however, you're struggling for material I may be able to throw something together.

Remind me again what the overarching theme was, and I'll see if I can re-work an old essay or something. :D
By Figlio di Moros
I'd write something, but I'm certainly not a good writer; it seems there's plenty of people here much better suited to write about topics than I am.

What was the topic, again?
By HoniSoit
cartertonian wrote:I confess I thought that, given the number of impressive and relatively serious contributions to the first edition, my feeble flippancy would likely as not be unwelcome. If, however, you're struggling for material I may be able to throw something together.

Remind me again what the overarching theme was, and I'll see if I can re-work an old essay or something.

I think your first article - also the first article in the very first issue - kind of set the tone of the publication: well written, eloquent but also with a light touch. Yes, we would very much like another article from you for the current issue. The overarching theme is the politics and economics of the Recession. But we are always open to articles on practically any topic. So if there is any article you would like to contribute, we'd be very happy to publish it.

Figlio di Moros wrote:I'd write something, but I'm certainly not a good writer; it seems there's plenty of people here much better suited to write about topics than I am.

Nor am I a good writer; I mean, English is not even my native language. But I think PoFo Monthly is a good place to try out your writing skills and to test your ideas in a more or less systematic fashion. Of course, there are always people better suited to write about various topics, and PoFo Monthly has so far attracted quite a number of them in our trial issue; but it is just as important to present your ideas in written form which not every good thinker does, unfortunately.
Last edited by HoniSoit on 06 May 2010 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
By HoniSoit
You're lucky we didn't make Depression the theme of this issue; imagine how that would make people feel. :lol:

But yes, I understand people may feel not really qualified to write about the Recession. But really we are not seeking only technical analysis - although that's very welcome; but rather analysis of the Recession from their particular perspective and concern.

And of course, we accept submission on any other topic as well.
By Doomhammer
I'm going to send something (short) that is about Greece (not the Arctic). I just need to finish the bulletin I'm working on for... work. lol
By HoniSoit
I think writing about your experience in the US would be great with or without any ideological perspective.

Or, would you be interested in writing about the UK election - we haven't had anyone writing about that yet?
By lessnot
So when is the new version coming? As far as I can tell it's time for the next one already.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
It's in the works. Kevin and Craig are working on it as best they can with such little participation.

They can only give back what you guys give to them. Even short, quality pieces would be better than nothing, and at this point no real theme needs to be adhered to as long as it's insightful.
By lessnot
I co-wrote a piece on the Balkans (party), I was wondering what happened to it.
By HoniSoit
lessnot - we are nearly finished. But you may still have to wait for another week or so before we can upload the final version. Thanks.
By lessnot
Ok, is anyone thinking about the next one? I just got some spare time and I'm sitting on my hands.
By killim
Woooot? Nearly finished? When do i get my reviewed piece for corrections?
By HoniSoit
lessnot wrote:Ok, is anyone thinking about the next one? I just got some spare time and I'm sitting on my hands.

Is there any particular topic you are interested in writing about?

killim wrote:Woooot? Nearly finished? When do i get my reviewed piece for corrections?

Can you PM me your email address, please?
By lessnot
A mathematicians take on the inherit instability of free markets in the age of near instant communication.

You use the words "Jew" and "Israe[…]

Well you should claim species is a social constru[…]

I don't find it surprising mainstream media will a[…]

You couldn't make this up

Pro-Israel Recipients Money from Pro-Israe[…]