Politics Forum Monthly - Trial Issue - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Co-ordination of all publishing projects.

Moderator: Administrators PoFo

Congratulations and thank you to all those authors and editors who have put together the trial issue of PoFo-Monthly. You've done a truly splendid job.

The first issue can be downloaded here:
Politics Forum Monthly - Trial Issue (March 2010)

I have set up this area/blog for use by PoFo-Monthly to discuss the publication, get feedback and develop it. As well as acting as a hub of sorts to keep things in one place. There is a permanent short URL also:
http://publication.politicsforum.org/
By Dr House
I like what I'm seeing so far. I see a couple of tiny spelling/punctuation errors here and there though, nothing too drastic.

I did really like HoniSoit's contributions, especially the PoFo Parliament piece. It made me reflect on the sacrifices that have to be made in the political arena in the name of pragmatism. I'd like to think of myself as a pragmatist (and indeed most of my positions are, policy-wise, pragmatism personified), but I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be sacrificing my positions in the name of further political advancement. Neither me nor my party (especially me; as I essentially set the PNL's policy) had to budge too much, as we were in a very comfortable strategic position, so I haven't actually had to face that tough choice yet.
By Ombrageux
DH - Shoot I thought I zapped all the typos. Could you send me the ones you spotted?

PNL... PNL... I remember when this was important enough to know the acronyms and orientations of the half dozen plus groups that were formed. I don't even remember the parties I joined!
By The Immortal Goon
From what I've read, I'm quite impressed. It looks professional, for the most part. I look forward to reading the entire thing.
By JohnRawls
I am very impressed with the publication . To bad my article didn't make it in , well it was my problem that it was rather short ill try to write a longer one next time .

It was better what i expected ! Way better !

Specially Dunning-Kruger effect by ThereBeDragon was interesting :). You should make that an obligatory read before you enter this forum .
By Philby
This a great project, I really hope this will continue and get a prominent place on PoFo. Congrats to the authors and editors.

There is one problem; when someone wants to ask something or respond to an article this is the place to do it, right? But with all the articles (topics) in PoFoMo this blog will be a mess because all the discussions will be held in this blog.

Verve

Great contribution!!

on PoFoMo, Verve wrote:It is a direct reflection of a socially retarded nation.

This needs an explanation. From my stereotyped knowledge of South Korea I think I understand what you mean but I could be well mistaken.
By Siberian Fox
Philby wrote:There is one problem; when someone wants to ask something or respond to an article this is the place to do it, right? But with all the articles (topics) in PoFoMo this blog will be a mess because all the discussions will be held in this blog.

Vanasalus made a related suggestion:

Vanasalus wrote:Cannot you create a new subforum, named ePub or something else, in the format of "Satire" subforum where an admin should open a new thread for every monthly ePub and we PoFoites discuss about it under the same thread. And, Cannot we have this ePub subforum just below Lobby and above Today's News.

This will bring ePub to the attention of many more users. Given the quality of the content, ePub looks deserving this. Plus, that would be an appropriate reward for the toil of editors. And, on top, a bunch of good quality articles in ePub subforum, now publicized before the eyes of al PoFoites, will help setting a standard for newbies as well as already established users.

I don't plan to make a new main forum, but I will look into seeing if I can make a sub-forum within this blog to allow general feedback, chat and question topics. I see that Gorkiy Park is still being used a lot concurrently with the blog at present.
By danholo
This is amazing, and the editing is very nice. I'd like to contribute if possible. Can give some info about observations about where I live, but I see you already have a piece by WA. I'll read this through. I think I might show this to my professors and show what new media can come up with (I study communications). Am I allowed?

I really, really appreciate this. Thanks. I'm in awe. :D I'm pissed I didn't notice this earlier.
By HoniSoit
Thank you. I really appreciate your comment and would look forward to your contribution.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

For what? Not being Nazi enough? https://twitt[…]

Charles de Gaulle's (French president from January[…]

@FiveofSwords I disagreed that capitalism is 'Je[…]

As long as you have abandoned the argument that e[…]