Call to Papers for PoFo ePub - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Co-ordination of all publishing projects.

Moderator: Administrators PoFo

By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Get a life, Cookie Monster. Go back to ogling French girls like a creep instead of criticizing something you haven't even seen yet.
By HoniSoit
Sorry about this little delay. Ombrageux is giving the final version a full proof-read.

Like many have pointed out, we all want to make the e-pub as good as it could possibly get for an informal online publication. Obviously, we work with a lot of constraints resource and personnel wise. Having said that, I don't think it would be a disappointment at all. And for people saying it may be not better than average PoFo posts (or has that danger), please be reassured this is certainly not the case.

Thanks for everyone's patience and support!
Last edited by HoniSoit on 10 Mar 2010 00:26, edited 2 times in total.
By Cookie Monster
Dear Cheescake Marmelade,

I wish you all the luck in establishing this ePublication.
And for the sake of the online publication, I hope you will learn how to take comments and criticism with a open mind in the near future. Otherwise you will miss how people bothered to write their comments about it.

My best wishes,

Cookie Monster
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Dear Cookie Monster,

Trying to make me look bad in letter format doesn't work. It just makes you look pretentious and passive-aggressive.

I regret that you are unable to see that your criticisms were undue, especially since you have not even seen the end result. I see that you fail to realize that though the ePub is aiming for some level of professionalism, it is not a professional publication and does not want to be. It is meant to showcase the intellectual abilities of PoFo at large and not be just another self-important, glorified blog.

Stay solid,
C_M
By Guillotine
Thanks for the update, Honi. Will there be an area designated for threads concerning the essays?

Also, Cookie Monster, I find your lack of faith disturbing:

...seriously :| chill out.
By Sephardi
"Liberal Arts Majors of the World - Unite!"

Anyways I look forward to reading War Angel's article.
By Cookie Monster
Dear Cheescake Marmalade,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am thankful for clearing up the purpose of your publication. I endorse your non academic and non professional publication. And you are very suitable as editor for such endeavour.

My best wishes,

Cookie Monster
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
Dear Cookie Monster,

Your ripostes do not faze me. Please bother someone else with your idiotic rabble.

Love,
C_M

PS: Sure you're an editor for a professional journal. My brother is a professional baseball player.
By Demosthenes
I have nothing whatsoever to do with this publication in any way, shape or form.

I just hate lazy bullies with no talent of their own but plenty of ability to criticize the people actually doing something.

Typical internet. :roll:
By War Angel
Typical internet.

RACIST!
By Demosthenes
Kwiet you!

*musses the ginger's hair*
By killim
How about some papers, that answer questions to certain countries. Since we are an international community, if someone would be able to answer if our great wired myths/questions/prejudice about the population of the Nation X are based on truth or something different.

This would of cause require the community to provide good question, which means exceptionally no trolling, rethorical or nonsense questions etc. and some guys who are willing to provide some honest answers.
By Nets
It looks fantastic guys!

Well done.
By Doomhammer
That looks terrific. :up:

Kudos to everyone!
By Cartertonian
Gleamin'

Now that I can share in conceptualising the whole idea in glorious hard-copy, I might contemplate taking my tongue out of my cheek and writing something serious. ;)

How would you 'Harvard-reference' something in t' ePub?

:lol:
By War Angel
Oh, yay, you used the pictures I suggested! :D <3

Settlers being beaten by cops on horses > Netanyahu's smug mug.

But you took out one very important word that completely changes the meaning of a sentence... :hmm: This wasn't in the versions I had seen. A bit uncalled for.

...What gives these students the right to erect b[…]

You are so ignorant of history lol. You never hea[…]

Amid global outrage over Israel’s devastating a[…]

The white slave owners did not fear black people.[…]