Theist vs. Materialist - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Co-ordination of all publishing projects.

Moderator: Administrators PoFo

By Demosthenes
Theist Vs. Materialist (By TiG)

1) There are “No voices in the sky. Confusion blinds the eye.”

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) No Opinion
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

2) Because there is a material basis for everything, Democritus was correct: out of nothing, comes nothing.

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) No Opinion
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

3) The difference between humans and animals is more than just physical, it’s also spiritual.

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) No Opinion
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

4) Our interaction with the world is chiefly defined by our interaction with matter.

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) No Opinion
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

5) I can relate to, and have a connection with the following quote: “A sensation of 'eternity', a feeling as of something limitless, unbounded--as it were, 'oceanic'”.

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) No Opinion
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

6) Ideology is a result of material conditions

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) No Opinion
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

7) Material science will eventually be able to explain phenomena it has not so far been able to explain.

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) No Opinion
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

8) As a human being, you are exclusively the summation of your genetics and experience, abstract concepts like morality, spiritualism, relgiousity, are wholey irrelevant.

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) No Opinion
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

9) "Some of the most important things in life have no relationship to [the] material in any way whatsoever"

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) No Opinion
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree

10) Only the wealthy can afford morality.

A) Strongly Agree
B) Agree
C) No Opinion
D) Disagree
E) Strongly Disagree
By Paradigm
According to most of those questions, I could be classified as a materialist. Also, I'm not sure what the last question has to do with the topic. It sounds almost like it belongs more in the Marxist vs. Non-Marxist axis. Same with #6. I'd recommend replacing those two questions. I'll see if I can think of any alternatives.
By The Immortal Goon
As marxists are strict materialists, it makes sense that it might sound like marxism in some of them. In my view.

However, I may not be the most unbiased judge - hence why these are up there.

Alternative questions are of course more than welcome!
By Paradigm
TIG wrote:As marxists are strict materialists, it makes sense that it might sound like marxism in some of them. In my view.

Dialectical materialism is a special kind of materialism, and I very much doubt that the average Randroid would agree with the questions I pointed out.
By The Immortal Goon
Perhaps, perhaps.

If you can think of alternatives, it might unbias me a little bit. Thanks for looking it over, by the way. I don't want to come off looking defensive or anything.

There isn't one because miscenegenation was never[…]

Settler colonialism is done by colonizers, indigen[…]

We all know those supposed "political fact ch[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Western Think Tank who claimed otherwise before ha[…]