BREAKING: ALEX JONES ORDERED TO PAY $965 MILLION IN DEFAMATION CASE - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Godstud wrote: Alex Jones IS rich and powerful. He has a net worth of $900 million.

And if there's one thing the woke Left can't stand it's rich people. Especially a rich white man, and especially rich people that don't get with the program, and make people question the narrative.

So of course they'll want to take all that money for the smallest little excuse.

It's absurd that they are legally holding him responsible for what other individuals did in response to a wacky conspiracy theory that claimed a murder spree had been faked.

And then absurd to an even more exponential degree that the amount of money they want to award for damages (which Alex Jones did not even commit or intend to cause happen) was so high, all the more so when the actual "damages" mostly only consisted of fear and harassment.

The award is clearly intended to try to bankrupt his media program and end it.
Last edited by Puffer Fish on 23 Oct 2022 01:09, edited 3 times in total.
Puffer Fish wrote:The award is clearly intended to try to bankrupt his media program and end it.
Yes, that's what happens when you create something and then use it abuse people.

Are you looking for pity for Alex Jones? Sorry. I reserve that for his victims.
The Left is sending a message: That they're wacky and can't be trusted to appoint judges or come up with laws that will be on the side of justice.

Is this really the message you all want to send?

This type of thing is ultimately going to tear the society apart. When you do not hold moral principles, and lie to yourself and others, and refuse to be logical. Yeah, I don't think you're just stupid; you just willfully refuse to be logical, allowing you to hold double standards. What it is is just thinly disguised mendaciousness.

All you do is tear things apart. By pushing this you're tearing apart the principle of freedom of the press. Think, why don't you, what this is ultimately going to result in. Where no free press can report anything because they will be bankrupted and all their money taken away by government. And that will be the end of democracy right there.
But none of you care.

The issue is you have no ethical principles and are morally bankrupt. In fact most of you probably don't even have much of any understanding of what "morality" even means.

I believe you all KNOW you are wrong, but you just don't care.

Justice is supposed to be blind (impartial and blind to which people are involved). Yet I think we all know how much progressives would scream if the target of something like this was one of their own.

Or maybe you can't do you own thinking and have to rely on some media to do all your thinking for you.
Tampa man showed no remorse after violently killing Clearwater man on bike with tire iron, police say

Clearwater Deputy Chief Michael Walek said the 'heinous and violent' attack was random. He added that Bennett told detectives he did it because the "ills of society had gotten to him."

https://www.fox13news.com/news/tampa-ma ... police-say

Should the victims family be able to sue the big news media companies for millions because the news created the false impression that whites were out to get black people, and thus the news media is "responsible" for what this black man did?

I see a huge slippery slope if we are going to start holding news media companies financially responsible for crimes that other people did in response to the "lies" they saw in the news.
Puffer Fish wrote:
Tampa man showed no remorse after violently killing Clearwater man on bike with tire iron, police say

Clearwater Deputy Chief Michael Walek said the 'heinous and violent' attack was random. He added that Bennett told detectives he did it because the "ills of society had gotten to him."

https://www.fox13news.com/news/tampa-ma ... police-say

Should the victims family be able to sue the big news media companies for millions because the news created the false impression that whites were out to get black people, and thus the news media is "responsible" for what this black man did?

I see a huge slippery slope if we are going to start holding news media companies financially responsible for crimes that other people did in response to the "lies" they saw in the news.

Puffer Fish wrote:
The Left is sending a message: That they're wacky and can't be trusted to appoint judges or come up with laws that will be on the side of justice.

Is this really the message you all want to send?

This type of thing is ultimately going to tear the society apart. When you do not hold moral principles, and lie to yourself and others, and refuse to be logical. Yeah, I don't think you're just stupid; you just willfully refuse to be logical, allowing you to hold double standards. What it is is just thinly disguised mendaciousness.

All you do is tear things apart. By pushing this you're tearing apart the principle of freedom of the press. Think, why don't you, what this is ultimately going to result in. Where no free press can report anything because they will be bankrupted and all their money taken away by government. And that will be the end of democracy right there.
But none of you care.

The issue is you have no ethical principles and are morally bankrupt. In fact most of you probably don't even have much of any understanding of what "morality" even means.

I believe you all KNOW you are wrong, but you just don't care.

Justice is supposed to be blind (impartial and blind to which people are involved). Yet I think we all know how much progressives would scream if the target of something like this was one of their own.

Or maybe you can't do you own thinking and have to rely on some media to do all your thinking for you.

Full meltdown, PF -- ?

(!)

It could be the Simpsons were right all along. Lo[…]

@Unthinking Majority So again we see the deba[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting look at the nuclear saber rattling Put[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 12, Sunday Aliens are interned or put under […]