Consultation thread - SN/RF Defence Procurement Bill - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Thunderhawk
If we are going to use a tall ship as our symbolic flag ship, we might aswell get a pretty one - its not like any one will judge it based on its combat abilities.

BTW.. I insist on functional era appropriate cannons and routine live fire practice at targets.

Can we also call this the ministry of war rather than defence seeing as euphemism abound in every other country, we could actually say what this money is about.

I concur.
Even if we dont intend to, or ever use, our military in an offensive declare-first fashion, its still an organization whose purpose is to fight others. And its not like Subs are defensive in nature..

- point. If we are going to try to be a sea power, even a regional one, we should have counter measures for enemy submarines. The attack subs mentioned - they are meant to go after enemy surface ships, or are they also able and designed to hunt enemy subs?
By ingliz
The attack subs mentioned - they are meant to go after enemy surface ships, or are they also able and designed to hunt enemy subs?

Both

@Tainari88 There is a world outside of Spain […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Jews? Are you insane? Tsars actively supported t[…]

I find it bizarre that people like @Unthinking M[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 15, Wednesday Britons flock to the local def[…]