Unofficial SN-RF Alliance Thread (Members Only) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By HoniSoit
Portfolios (subject to change):

Treasurer - Brio (RF)
Legal Affairs - Subversive Rob (SN) & albionfagan (RF)
Defence - Konulu (RF) & FallenRaptor (SN)
Education - Red Star (RF) & Potemkin (SN)
Labour and Union Affairs - Minister Vlad (SN) & Holt (SN)
Environment - TIG (SN)
Trade and Finance - Vlad (SN)
Foreign Affairs - HoniSoit (RF) & Red Army (SN)
Home Affairs - FallenRaptor (SN)
Culture and the Arts - Potemkin (SN) & Brio(RF)
Health - Mazhi (SN) & Zyx (SN)
Agriculture - psyche (RF)

SN-RF members are encouraged to nominate themselves for (up to) portfolios of their interest and expertise, and the task of each portfolio is to devise strategies, draft policies and initiate discussions.

We probably need someone interested in trade and finance issues to work with Vlad.
Last edited by HoniSoit on 27 Apr 2009 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
By Demosthenes
You'll need to remove me from Foreign Affairs Honi. :hmm:

Ah well.
By HoniSoit
Not a problem, Demo. You still cannot play after the government is formed?
By ingliz
What happens to your vote if you leave the field of play? As the RF has no leader could I bequeath it to Vlad if needs be or can you coopt someone else to take my place. I am staying for now but I doubt the new tweaks will make gameplay any better.
By ingliz
Yes but as I am not expecting to be in the game much longer I resigned all administrative and ministerial posts to give other members a chance to participate. The way the game is going we are all superfluous anyway, Vlad may as well run the show himself. It looks like the game will be tweaked but Claus's "constitution" is back in place and all the farting around with votes is still going on and so unless there are surprises tomorrow I am out of here.
By Demosthenes
HoniSoit wrote:Not a problem, Demo. You still cannot play after the government is formed?

I don't think I should. I think since I have taken this step it is unreasonable, and shall invite issues down the road if I continue to serve in any official capacity. SN still gets my vote though, and Vlad (Or whoever leads the SN) gets an exemption to the bloc voting rule for my MP seat only.

Therefore, I can be listed as an MP, but beyond that, I should avoid any conflicts of interest.

(I'm beginning to see why Fox doesn't post on politics anymore)
By MistyTiger
Mazhi told me that he's dropping out of the party. I can take over his spot as Health minister.

Also, didn't VforV leave the party?
By Kon
Mazhi told me that he's dropping out of the party. I can take over his spot as Health minister.

That's okay, we have enough uninformed reactionaries sullying our ranks.

I want a third RN shadow minister of defence.
By ingliz
I want a third RN shadow minister of defence

Why? Are you not up to the job. :p

ps. The THP has jumped ship, voting 3 to 1 against staying in the alliance , so Doomhammer is gone from Foreign Affairs too leaving Red Army all alone. But wait, although Honi had resigned it seems our leader is now back having given up the cold dampness of Labour and Union Affairs for the warmer climes of the Foreign Office. The dreary drudge of picket lines, tea, and sandwiches replaced by free holidays, wine, and embassy dinners. ;)
By Mazhi
Actually, I'm thinking I might stay. Misty, is it okay if you're then in charge of Health since we already talked bout it, and then I get to be psyche' Deputy in Agriculture?
By MistyTiger
Ok, Maz. I'm glad you decided to stay. Yes, I'm okay with being in charge of Health. :)
By Zyx
So, we are not using the official thread.

Hmm, our party may not be as active as we thought it was. :hmm:

We may need to cut down the number of ministers, if the maximum MP is lowered. Can we make it a point of policy to develop a new constitution once we get into power?

Also, can we establish a game ruling?
By HoniSoit
I motion we severe any tie with THP if there is any left.

THP has voted to established an alliance with SN-RF in the past but then held another vote recently to terminate the alliance. I think we have shown goodwill when the SN-RF was the only party who was willing to unconditionally support and show solidarity with THP while other parties were mocking and censuring members of THP. While we hoped to reach some agreement on our platforms, we did not impose or pressure THP to accept any of our platform despite the fact the SN-RF has nearly twice as many votes. We offered members of THP to nominate themselves and take up any position they like, and instantly installed Doomshammer as Foreign Affairs spokesman as well as jointed deputy leader when he asked for the Foreign Ministry. Considering this record of our generous offers and support, THP still decides to end the alliance with SN-RF. It's difficult for me to argue that we should continue any tie whatsoever with THP.
By ingliz
As far as I can see we are back to last Friday morning, the RF/SN are the government. The GC, sans PUC, lose the confidence vote by default, they are not the GC. But seeing as we are government by default I think we should concentrate on the purely procedural issues. First organising the chamber and then ratifying a new constitution before dissolving parliament and calling for new elections. This is, of course, exactly what we proposed after the "coup" and it was not allowed so we will see what happens but calling fresh elections under the interim document is a waste of time, it's unworkable as we have always maintained, and any new document needs the legitimacy only Parliament can give it.

I propose Honi present a formal proposal to this effect in the House.
By Zyx
I'd like to see that proposal debated amongst the SN-RF before being pushed to the House. Further, is Honi the minister in charge of matters like this? How can ingliz unilaterally appoint HoniSoit to do this stuff? I wonder.
By ingliz
How can ingliz unilaterally appoint HoniSoit to do this stuff?

HoniSoit is the nominated 'Party Leader', he is the elected leader of the RF/SN alliance, who else would formally propose such a motion in Parliament?

What do you think a proposal is? It's an invitation to discuss. I was under the impression any member could propose a "motion" for discussion in the RF/SN Party thread before it is or isn't adopted by the alliance or am I wrong.

Anyway the point is moot as both coalitions have collapsed. The RF/SN-THP confidence vote is thus more than problematic, it is dead. The THP have unilaterally dissolved their coalition with us which means we are not back where we started.

The THP thread was more than a little confusing. The grassroots backed the alliance and they had pledged their votes to us in the confidence vote. I briefly thought the alliance was back in place.

But there was a vote earlier which had closed and registered 3 -1 'against' the alliance. Falx made a rare appearance and refused to reopen the vote. I tried to tell them the RF/SN-THP coalition had to be in place before the confidence vote closed otherwise the vote was dead, as did Honi, we were politely told to fuck off. Vanasalus is playing games and has the ear of Falx.

I posted hastily without reading Honi's last post and couldn't be bothered to delete it when I had.

ps. I second Honi's motion to sever all ties with the perfidious THP.

pps. It seems we might get most of what we wanted which has persuaded me to take up the game again. If I still have your confidence and Vlad and Honi agree, seeing as the "rules" are being more than tweaked, they are being totally rewritten with a lot of our Party's concerns being taken on board, I will withdraw my resignation, take up my administrative duties again, and return to Home Afairs as deputy spokesman . :)
Last edited by ingliz on 01 May 2009 10:14, edited 5 times in total.
By The Immortal Goon
Man, I have no clue what's going on anymore.

Near as I can figure, the bourgeois parites refused to form a government, we stepped in to represent the people until a constitution could be established, there was a rightest coup, and now it's chaos.
By ingliz
Seems a good enough analysis to me.

The chaos was not necessary but for many of the 'right' the thought of a "communist" government was too much to bear. Better far to destroy the game than allow that. :lol:

And now another chance to salvage the "game" is lost as the THP play their own games.

As long as you have abandoned the argument that e[…]

@FiveofSwords What point was that? Weber? W[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

still, Compared to the corrupt Putin´s familie s […]

World War II Day by Day

May 14, Tuesday Germany takes Holland At dawn[…]