PNL, PUC/PUC-L, CA, SLD Grand Coallition - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
This appears to represent the best chance for forming a government. How do the members of these formations feel about such a prospect?
By Dave
This is the coalition I'm willing to form. The votes we have are as follows:

SLD: 16
PNL: 13
PUC: 13
CA: 7
Total: 49

Rather than squabbling over specific policies, which we can do later (and consensus is close on poverty alleviation anyway), we need to sort out whether or not we agree to this coalition, and if so, ministers.
By Gnote
The SLD platform must form the basis for the coalition, with amendments that are agreeable to other parties. The SLD social policy platform has to be adopted practically as it stands. If those conditions are met, and we are able to hammer out the economic discussion that is currently taking place, I can support this coalition.

Obviously, the SLD will receive the bulk of the cabinet posts, including Prime Minister, Finance, Health, and Education.
By Oxymoron
The SLD platform must form the basis for the coalition, with amendments that are agreeable to other parties. The SLD social policy platform has to be adopted practically as it stands. If those conditions are met, and we are able to hammer out the economic discussion that is currently taking place, I can support this coalition.

Obviously, the SLD will receive the bulk of the cabinet posts, including Prime Minister, Finance, Health, and Education.

:eek: :knife:
Gnote I think the leader of the SLD should do the negotiations.
By Dave
I second Oxy's post. :lol:

Let party leaders or party-appointed negotiators handle this. As much as I like Gnote, he is famously undiplomatic and abrasive.
By Gnote
Without the SLD, no coalitions are possible.

You should mind that fact.
By Dave
Without the PNL, no coalitions are possible. Without the PUC, no coalitions are possible. The CA can be replaced by the LC, but I'm guessing that won't fly.
By Gnote
I would be comfortable being the largest party in a minority parliament.
By Karl_Bonner_1982
I say let's go for the Blue-Orange. We'll worry about the details of our social assistance platform later since we can't agree overnight how much to tax and how many benefits to give out to the needy.

Gnote, you're absolutely right about the SLD being essential to a coalition. Which is why we can't afford to push away all the other parties by being too stubborn and nitpicky at this point. If we do that we are making it impossible for a coalition to form.
By Dr House
Gnote wrote:I would be comfortable being the largest party in a minority parliament.

Minority governments are constitutionally disallowed.
Last edited by Dr House on 15 Apr 2009 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
By Sephardi

The PUC leads this Coalition. Nets will become the Prime Minister, because the PUC will have a better chance of forming a coalition, then any of our other parties. Finance should be within the Conservative Alliance since we have more knowledge of economics and finance. Health and Education can be SLD's.
By Gnote
The PUC leads this Coalition.

Except that it doesn't.

[quote]Minority governments are constitutionally disallowed.[/quote
Then I am comfortable being the largest party in a hung parliament.
By Dr House
Finance should be within the Conservative Alliance since we have more knowledge of economics and finance.

Since you subscribe to the utter sham that is neoclassical macroeconomics, that's not likely. And it's empirically wrong anyway. Out of all of us Dave is the most knowledgeable in economics (and almost anything else, really).
By peter_co
The PUC leads this Coalition. Nets will become the Prime Minister, because the PUC will have a better chance of forming a coalition, then any of our other parties. Finance should be within the Conservative Alliance since we have more knowledge of economics and finance. Health and Education can be SLD's.

I agree, the PUC lies at the centre of this alliance and is the necessary bridge between the right and left wings. As such, the role of naming the PM should naturally fall to the PUC. As the largest member of the coalition though, the SLD can have the most ministries, especially those dealing with "softer" issues such as education, culture, etc., which more naturally belong with the SLD anyway.
By Gnote
How does the PUC lead the coalition without holding the largest share?
By Cartertonian
With regard to Gnote, Dave wrote:...he is famously undiplomatic and abrasive.

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is :lol:
By Oxymoron

Ok this is getting out of hand, please people stop making outlandish claims. lets allow all members of each party to vote for PM, and who will lead what ministries(each group will elect among themselves and then will compete against the other parties.) Because this is just squabbling and disgraceful for the New Republics leadership to act.
By peter_co
How does the PUC lead the coalition without holding the largest share?

Because that is the arrangement that most members of the coalition agree with.
By Dave
The CA is the smallest party and should not get something like finance, especially since everyone else is likely somewhat unhappy with their economics proposals. I would be more than comfortable with putting a law & order CA guy in charge of the Interior Dept., however. ;)

By the way, what ministries are we to have? :?:
Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I am not sure he is coming. FPTP ca[…]

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]