Ad hoc committee to elect an SLD leader... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
The SLD needs a leader!

Vote now or forever remain headless with all it's gory implications!

Candidates:

Gnote

Paradigm

Ombrageux (formerly Dumbteen)

Somebody else (Write in vote)

This is not permanent and can be re-voted at will, but for now we need something semi-legitimate...

I vote Paradigm.
Last edited by Nattering Nabob on 14 Apr 2009 15:53, edited 2 times in total.
By Attica
Paradigm but he should not wield supreme power. As liberals we should discuss issues as a caucus and come to a decision through majority vote.
By Ombrageux
I actually think the candidates should be representing a specific platform. Particularly, I would want to see a decisive move on the definition of SLD and its potential partners.

In that spirit, I would like to run for leader of the Social Liberal Democrats.

I would pledge immediately:
* To define the SLD as a social party (commitment to European-style taxation and welfare state)
* To define the SLD as a liberal democratic party (commitment to Western-style democracy)
* To, without qualms, begin negotiating with the PUC and the democratic Right to form a government
* The latter commitment would only be revised if hard-left were to revise its position, negotiating on the basis of negotiating their platform in proportion to their votes. In all likelihood, this would require the dissolution of the SN-RF into two or more moderate and radical factions

The SLD needs to define itself unambiguously. We are not closed to those further Left, but we cannot compromise democracy, or hold ourselves hostage to anarcho-stalinism.
By ingliz
I don't even know who you are.

Dumbteen, I think? :)
By Ombrageux
That's right. Rebranding is important. I've been active on PoFo Parliament, a brief biographical sketch is out there too.
By Prosthetic Conscience
I didn't realise we could change usernames?

You have to persuade the administrators. Ombrageux's success in this might be an indication of his superior negotiation skills ... :D
By Attica
Fair enough. I'm happy with Attica and have been ever since I chose it :p
By Falx
I nominate myself, shamelessly. I could use two parties or some vote from this one when it inevitably crashes into the ground :)
By Falx
Vote for me and I will promise anything, just like the PUC did.
By Infidelis
Paradigm.

He's only one guy...perhaps we could designate negotiators to deal with the various factions of Parliament...One to deal with RF/SN, one for PUC and one for CA, PNL, LC and PoP.

From there, dealings can be presented to Paradigm for approval and then to the party as a whole for a final vote.

Just a thought...it could be completely assinine, but it just came to mind.
By Gnote
I would support Paradigm as leader.

If I were here more often, I would consider myself a contender for the position, but lately I haven't been able to make it around enough.

Paradigm is the best choice.
By Dr House
I'm not SLD so don't count my vote, but I support Paradigm for the position. :up:

Israel doesn't have hostages. They overall have[…]

Ireland, Spain and Norway to recognise Palestinia[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 22, Wednesday Bletchley Park breaks Luftwaff[…]

The restrictions imposed by the IDF and Israeli go[…]