Free Votes - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Dan
Greetings.

Coalition talks have been going heavy and the CA would like to point out one thing. While we have a Canadian/European-style parliament, it is possible to have free votes as opposed to coalition votes.

The CA is willing to enter a conservative or moderate coalition to create a government to run the daily affairs of the nation, while allowing free votes on matters that come before parliament so parties or individuals can vote according to their own consciences without the risk of destabilizing the acting government.

This is a possibility. The Americans on here may no be familiar with the type of system, but only on confidence motions do party/coalition lines have to be strict, because if they fail the government is toppled for a new election. But free votes allow members to vote according to their consciences without the risk of toppling the government.
By Clausewitz
I like this.
By Dr House
Me too.
By Nattering Nabob
Sounds like a good option...
By Suska
k i think i see what you mean. i'd like to learn more how this is gonna work exactly, but that sounds alright.

so upset at me for not wanting white people to n[…]

Note that my argument does not centre around not[…]

In order for me to believe someone is being sarca[…]

This morning, International Criminal Court Prosec[…]