The Conservative Alliance Platform and Roll Call - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Dan
Welcome Sephardi.
By NYYS
I think one of our first orders of business should be to try to get Pofo into the WTO. Almost every economist recognizes free trade as a huge positive, and we should be able to find the votes for it. I think we can get a fair amount of SLD votes and all the LC and PUC votes, along with a handful of PNL votes. If we can get that through it will really fuck the far left over and hopefully start us off on the right foot.
By The American Lion
We can get vote for joining the WTO. Heck if liberals can vote for it during the 1990s. Pofo can.

Should we support joining any military alliances? Pofo set up talks with NATO.
By NYYS
NATO is going to be a fuckton harder to push through I think, but I'd vote for it.
By Cheesecake_Marmalade
You guys are going to have trouble getting even the right to vote for NATO. Peacetime alliances are out of style.
By Dan
I can't really say I'd go for either. I'd rather avoid being under foreign entanglements.

But I am for free trade done through bilateral deals.
Last edited by Dan on 13 Apr 2009 05:51, edited 1 time in total.
By Clausewitz
This is just kind of a random thought, but...

Where's Todd D.? I had him pegged as a CA supporter in my mind.
By Doomhammer
Welcome Sephardi. I hope the Free Republicans also decide to join us.

I'd rather avoid being under foreign entanglements.

But I am for free trade done through bilateral deals.

Being part of a multilateral trading regime would provide an enormous boost to our nation's prestige. Moreover, it would avoid the complications of having to negotiate special bilateral treaties with every country. We should, ideally, avoid foreign entanglements but WTO is not like a military alliance. I say we get the liberals and our fraternal comrades in other parties to push for WTO membership.
By NYYS
The WTO also provides an enforcement mechanism for the violation of agreements. Ad-hoc free trade treaties do no necessarily allow us to effectively retaliate if a country decides to protect itself against our goods.
By Fasces
One the other hand, however, it prevents us from doing the same should the situation merit that response. We are giving up control over our own ability to legislate.
By Dr House
Just so you know Yankees you're not getting PNL votes for joining the WTO.
By Doomhammer
I can't help but feel the Conservative Alliance isn't the most popular or liked party on PoFo.
By NYYS
Well we hold a fair number of votes, we're a mid-ranged party.
By Doomhammer
We better start indoctrinating youngsters... get 'em while they're young. :lol:
By NYYS
yep. We do have an uphill battle, though. Conservatism is generally for the old and the wealthy, neither of which exist on this forum. It's rare for 20-somethings like us to be conservative, we probably should be more interested in childish/romantic fantasies of revolution.
By Dave
It's not that bad. The CA and PNL combined are larger than any other party, including the SN/RF alliance. There are fewer on the right here than on the left for sure, but we're not exactly Solzhenitsyn battling the USSR.
By NYYS
Yes, and I'm sure we'll work closely together, but you (the PNL) do have that romantic notion of significant change, upheaval, and borderline extremism that draws the young demographics of this forum to it. Our basic platform is "yeah, stuff's pretty good," which appeals to people who have it good or who aren't the mood for change - again, neither are well represented on this forum.
By Dave
All of the "bourgeois" parties, except the fascists and libertarians, more or less accept the "system" as it is, but want to make changes. We accept that stuff isn't so bad. :lol:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

For what? Not being Nazi enough? https://twitt[…]

Charles de Gaulle's (French president from January[…]

@FiveofSwords I disagreed that capitalism is 'Je[…]

As long as you have abandoned the argument that e[…]