The Masses Awaken - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Vladimir
It should be at a lower level than that, and it should be more conventional unrest. Protests, demonstrations, etc.

:tired:

As my first act as Prime Minister, I am officially ordering the troops to put down this uprising and restore order. The ringleaders will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

As your defense minister, I have to advise your that the military is in sorry shape. The previous regime neglected and mismanaged the armed forces. I advise the use of militia and paramilitaries from Bifrost for the purpose, and perhaps the hiring of mercenaries from overseas.

that would make you populaer for the next election :lol: you might as well just pull a South America-style coup and form a military junta. You know I never really doubted the SLD :lol:
Last edited by Vladimir on 25 Apr 2009 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
By Dave
One of my priorities as defense minister will be the creation of a viable national military accountable to parliament, precisely so such measures are never required.
By Oxymoron

Under orders from the defence minister I have mobilized all available resources to get this situation under control, and have taken personal command to make sure that the citizens are protected from these criminal rioters.
By Vladimir
Have fun storming the barricades with those jeeps!

did I mention that the bridges are either guarded or blown up :lol:
Last edited by Vladimir on 25 Apr 2009 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
By Oxymoron
They are not Jeeps :roll: .

Why would I need to storm anything, a few Tear gas canisters, some rubber bullets, high power water hoses and the job is done.

did I mention that the bridges are either guarded or blown up

We fixed them ;) already.
By Donna
Vlad, do you have pics of these barricades that you keep going on about? I have no idea why they're so powerful and fortify the urban revolutionary proletariat so well.
By Mazhi
I don't think this is what this simulation was supposed to be about, but oh well.. :hmm:
By Vladimir
Vlad, do you have pics of these barricades that you keep going on about? I have no idea why they're so powerful and fortify the urban revolutionary proletariat so well.

They are powerful because they stop vehicle movement, shield from bullets, create defensive positions and are easy to construct. Of course it depends on their scale too as well as size and method of construction.
From example the Paris barricades of 1871 were quite a bit more powerful than those of 1968, while the Moscow barricades of 1905 were made of barrels bound by ice, which made them far more powerful than those of 1993 :lol:

Anyway

By Oxymoron
Some things have changed:

Say hello to ma lil friend

By Vladimir
wtf is that on the second picture?
By Oxymoron
Using electro-magnetic waves that penetrate just a 64th of inch beneath the skin, the Defense Department's pain ray creates a burning sensation that tends to make people run the other way, fast.
By Vladimir
I think a little RPG from a rooftop will solve the problem :lol:
By Oxymoron
I think a little RPG from a rooftop will solve the problem

:eh: Where would people get an RPG this isnt Baghdad.
By Vladimir
>
a decent amount of armed workers (thanks to the weapons smuggling campaign arranged by the SN-RF under the disguise of a toy freighting business)

we aren't here for nothing you know :lol:
By Oxymoron
decent amount of armed workers (thanks to the weapons smuggling campaign arranged by the SN-RF under the disguise of a toy freighting business

:eh: So this isnt a riot ,its a terrorist insurgency? Alright I guess my methods have to be slightly altered.

Vlad enough, or I will authorize the use of the Romulan bird of prey using Disrupters on you all. Seriously if you want to make a scenario fine but at least make it realistic a bit.
By Vladimir
There have been many historical instances of armed workers' insurgency, so there's nothing unrealistic; and this parliament is just asking for it anyway :lol:
By Oxymoron
There have been many historical instances of armed workers' insurgency

With RPGs?
By Vladimir
that is yet to come my friend 8)
By Oxymoron
In any case lets leave it as riots versus riot police.
By dilpill
**Newsflash** Reports of a terrorist attack in Tyrby coming in **Newsflash**

The Ørgen building, the headquarters of PoFo's largest bank, PoBank, has collapsed after a terrorist attack carried out by members of a radical leftist revolutionary terrorist cell. It is estimated that over 3,000 people perished during the collapse of the 47 story building.

*details pending*

[OK, just kidding]
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Wait, what ? South Korea defeated communists ? Wh[…]

@SpecialOlympian Stupid is as stupid does. If[…]

It is rather trivial to transmit culture. I can j[…]

World War II Day by Day

So long as we have a civilization worth fighting […]