RF-SN - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
Forum rules: This is a the archive of the "PoFo Parliament". A user-run project.
By Donna
Kudos to you guys for being able to work together.
By ingliz
A message from the new Chairman of the SN:

Message subject: Re: Congratulations
Sent: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:54 am
To: ingliz

Also, I hope the RF has no objections to talks with Falx and THP??

ingliz, SN(R)RF: Official note
By Demosthenes
THP in many ways are our allies on several fronts, if not economic ones. If there is a way to bring them into the voting coalition, then we should pursue it.

No, I'm not RF, but still...you know, it seems reasonable. The three of us form a fairly powerful voting block on our own.
By HoniSoit
Demo wrote:If there is a way to bring them into the voting coalition, then we should pursue it.

While we would count them as an ally, it would not be easy to conclude a formal coalition with them like the way between SN and RF.

Some members of the THL would be too conservative for the SN-RF, and we too radical to them.
By Demosthenes
HoniSoit wrote:
While we would count them as an ally, it would not be easy to conclude a formal coalition with them like the way between SN and RF.

Some members of the THL would be too conservative for the SN-RF, and we too radical to them.

Of course this IS true. Did you see the Foreign Policy draft yet? Acidentally posted it in the SN thread...?
By HoniSoit
Yes, I've read the draft.

Like others, I think it's extremely well thought-out and written. You know, it could have been written by a Marxist or an anarchist. ;)

This, perhaps with some minor modification, could be used as our elaborate foreign policy platform, and serves as the intellectual basis upon which we push for our demands in foreign policy matters.
By Falx
Does any mod here have the power to edit posts in this forum?

If so I would like to replace the front page of my party with:

The THP has no platform and we only have this method to decide how we vote in parliament.

A vote is open in parliament ->
a vote is open now in this thread by default ->
online members start voting on it in this thread ->
parliamentary representatives debate and point out the idiotic parts of the law ->
the vote in parliament is about to close, parliamentary representatives count up the votes in this thread and do one of the following:
a) Less than 1/2 voted for the bill; we vote against on mass.
b) more than 1/2 but less than 2/3 voter for the bill; we abstain.
c) more than 2/3 vote for the bill but it will pass anyway even without our parties votes; we abstain.
c) more than 2/3 vote for the bill and it will not pass unless it gets more votes; we vote for the bill on mass then and only then.

We will also draft up preferences for members so even if they have not voted on before the end of the time the parliamentary representative will have a guess based on that as to what the absent people wanted.

As for ideology we will only say that we are still vaguely influenced by humanist though and would generally like to be nice to our fellows.

If you feel anything more should be added you can by starting a popular vote for it, if you get 2/3 majority it will become a part of the party policy. If something is to be removed from here it can be decided by a simple majority in that case. This will be how all matters no directly related to voting in government are decided.
By HoniSoit
Does any mod here have the power to edit posts in this forum?

Demo is the man.
By Falx
Is he here? If he could do it soon because I am loosing votes over the old page, which has nothing to do with the current party, it would be very much appreciated.
By HoniSoit
He was just here posting stuff.

If you cannot wait, why not start a new thread?
By Falx
It would make things even worse by confusing people where to go and what to do. After the election the party will get a new name, a new thread and a new set of principles which we will vote over.
By Holt
I strongly support the coalition. The RF is the most (only?) viable ally for the SN, and we should avoid collaboration with centre-liberal parties like the plague (look at Italy!). Ofc, we should not rule out cooperation with the far-right on some issues if it helps to undermine our enemies.
By Dave
Would the SN-RF support cooperation with the "far right" against the center on issues like gun control?
By Holt
I'm not sure about others here, but I certainly would. Though that support may be limited to the American far-right. It's worth bearing in mind that ultra-reactionary politics in Europe and elsewhere have historically been anti-gun.
Last edited by Holt on 15 Apr 2009 15:40, edited 2 times in total.
By Vladimir
well if some of our clauses coincide, then why not?))
By Dave
Holt wrote:I'm not sure about others here, but I certainly would. Though that support may be limited to the American far-right. It's worth bearing in mind that ultra-reactionary politics in Europe and elsewhere have historically been anti-gun.

Many "ultra-reactionary" parties in Europe have been anti-populist and seek to dominate the people, so that is to be expected. America has a strong tradition of right-wing populism. The CA and PNL are both opposed to strict gun control, to the point where a Turkish Europhile left the CA. Oddly enough the PNL has two German members opposed to strict gun control. We do support some "common sense" restrictions (ie no guns for violent felons or committed psychopaths) which the SN/RF would presumably oppose, but that's nothing that can't be resolved via negotiation.
By Holt
Mostly echoing your thoughts, but wouldn't that contradict the stance of some of the PNL's constituents (presumably Annatar, as he is German)?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Putins peace plan is toilet paper [...] So is […]

Poland : " I'm sorry to say - we, Western wo[…]

What's your point? It proves they're not being […]

Today's Palestinian organizations did not exist d[…]