Pollwise, Is Gillard inconvenienced by the summer break? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
unbalanced zealot wrote:I think we need a break from them ... I figured that all the emerging dirt about the racket Eddie Obeid etc. had going on in NSW might have been reflected in this polling.

Bob Carr? I've heard not a word of that down here in Melbourne, so I doubt that's been a major factor here in this state. Mention him down here and no one seems to give a crap. Very much a "NSW-thing".

Possibly, but I also think Gillard was starting to, in parliament, turn her own trust fund scandal around, and taking a break at this stage has allowed that scandal to continue to fester in people's minds.

Polls staying low in Victoria is certainly because of the fund scandal, and perhaps also because Ted Bailleu is doing "ok, on target for reelection anyway".
pugsville wrote:Ted is not doing that great (depends which circle you move in, but even the lib/nats voters I know are not thrilled) he's done nothing wjat so ever, no one knows what he stands for, he might be vulnerable yet. He's only plus is labour being on the nose.

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm tying to say.... he's doing "ok, not good or bad, but looks alot better than labour anyway". I think this Taxi cab safety issue is going to be an important one for Ted.
He should get reelected by default but he's not really made a favorable impression with almost anyone. So he's vulnerable, but I doubt labour can get it's crap together.

Gillard has actually done stuff (personally the tax free threshold is one of the best reforms in Australia for 30 years) but Abbot while astonishingly short of policies, has managed to taint to Gillard government in the eyes of many, it's almost all mud but it's sticking. Abbot could stuff it up on the campaign but I dont expect him to say anything (of substance) between now and the Election, (it's looking more and more like the default opposition strategy for all oppositions) and the anti Gillard feeling should see him win.

Look the Nazis are an interesting subject, but Hi[…]

I find it bizarre that people like @Unthinking M[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Muscovite schizophrenic Ivan Ilyin is quite lit[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 15, Wednesday Britons flock to the local def[…]