terrorism white paper - DFAT - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
http://www.dfat.gov.au/publications/terrorism

I recommend Australians read this just to see how far Downer's head is up his arse.

Lord Downer of Baghdad completely ignores the root causes of terrorism, not once mentioning the poverty and oppression muslims in the third world suffer that breeds terrorism.

These terrorists seek to undermine our security and prosperity. They feel threatened by the values and aspirations that make us an open, tolerant and creative country with a confident future.

taken straight out of the "George Bush guide to Bullshit and ignorance". I am so sick of this wank of a response. It is so arrogant.

The irony is, while we have this titan of incompetence as our foreign minister, the coalition is thought to be strong on foreign policy and national security!
By Maxim Litvinov
Strong = willing to kill people. Yes, the coalition are therefore strong.

Gandalf - if you had actually *met* terrorists, like Messrs Downer and Howard, you would know that they DO precisely feel threatened by our aspirations. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if most Muslims feel threatened by the idea of Australians aspiring to live in a peaceful world -- they crave war! I wouldn't be surprised if most Arabs absolutely HATE the fact that we try to be tolerant and not to intimate and victimise them on the basis of their race or religion. And I am definitely SURE that if we mailed al-Qaeda HQ some creative writing from our public schools, they would be quaking in their boots.

If there's one thing terrorists can't stand it's CREATIVITY!

And that's why I'm voting Liberal.
By Yeddi
Damn straight!

At least the Johnny cares for the little man. After the Terrorist attacks he sent me a very comforting booklet that explained everything. And now he's hit retirement age but no, Johnny keeps going, he's such a little aussie battler is our Johnny.
Those pesky Muslims want to destroy our way of life, stop our baseball games, prevent us from eating our bigmacs... those bastards must be stopped!

You can’t wish away basic facts of biology. I lo[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Nobody here is actually talking about Ukraine and […]

Quiz for 'educated' historians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stab-in-the-back_myt[…]

That's what bankruptcy is for. What happens now[…]