Old School Anarchy - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The 'no government' movement.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Joker
I've had enough of this anarcho-commie and anarcho-capitalist bullshit, what ever happened to throw down the shackles of oppression, fuck the system, bring down the government and sort things out in the restoration (last minute).
By Abood
That's not old school anarchy; that's "I'm so cool, and I have no idea what anarchy means, but I'm just gonna destroy everything and scream 'ANARKKYY' while doing it."

Those people deserve the death camps.

I do not recall reading anything about "destruction" by any anarchist philosopher. Please let me know if you know any who've advocated such things.
By Joker
a state of lawlessness and disorder (usually resulting from a failure of government)
- google online dictionary
By Joker
I do not recall reading anything about "destruction" by any anarchist philosopher.

I've had enough of this anarcho-commie and anarcho-capitalist bullshit, what ever happened to throw down the shackles of oppression, fuck the system, bring down the government and sort things out in the restoration (last minute)

where do I mention destruction there?
By Lensky1917
I've had enough of this anarcho-commie and anarcho-capitalist bullshit, what ever happened to throw down the shackles of oppression, fuck the system, bring down the government and sort things out in the restoration (last minute).

Your disregard for any order at all implies random chaos and destruction. When you think about revolution what must consider both the revolution itself and the aftermath. If you do not believe this, you should look at the October Revolution.
By Joker
Your disregard for any order at all implies random chaos and destruction.

fair point, although in all honesty, I'm just pointing out what anarchy really is rather than pointing out the middle-class art student ideal. The only reason I am an anarchist is that I don't care. I don't think any ideology is right, so I just go for chaos cus at least its fun!
By Lensky1917
In that case have you read any of Abbie Hoffman's works? I have read "Steal This Book", and I found it hillarious. I do think that one should have a goal, when one commits to revolution. If there was a communist revolution, do you think that you would join it?
By Abood
You refer to an online dictionary to define your ideology?

Anarchy has nothing to do with chaos.

What is Anarchy?

Anarchy isn't about "not caring". In fact, that is the opposite of anarchy. Anarchists are concerned with getting rid of apathy and increasing activism.
By farbalo
Joker, you disgust me. >: Anarchy does not mean chaos. Why do you think the symbol is an o surrounding an a. The a stands for anarchy and the o stands for order. It means, Anarchy = Order.
By Oblisk
abood wrote:
You refer to an online dictionary to define your ideology?

Anarchy has nothing to do with chaos.

What is Anarchy?

Anarchy isn't about "not caring". In fact, that is the opposite of anarchy. Anarchists are concerned with getting rid of apathy and increasing activism.

You jab at someone for referring to an online dictionary yet you link back at a Youtube video?

:lol:
By Rbns
The word, anarchy, can be used for chaos, but the ideology, anarchism, does not advocate chaos - regardless of the way you interpret it.
By Abood
You jab at someone for referring to an online dictionary yet you link back at a Youtube video?
The video isn't just a couple of words saying, "Chaos". It actually has a long definition, and an example, and video.

PS: You're trolling.
By Oblisk
PS: You're trolling.

No, I am not. That video is also pathetic, and it is what you believe. I laughed when they gave an example of a group of friends deciding what to do. Childish.
By Abood
:eh: Okay...
By grogguy
I don't think neither that this video is a very good definition of anarchism.
Anyway the topic has been treated a thousand times before in this forum, so just have a look at the previous discussions. The basic principle of anarchism is the statement that as long as a hierarchy exists, the power will come to the hands of the most ambitious and greedy ones, since the others won't fight for power. Though the main feature of a politician should be his ability to solve the problems of his community, nowadays a first condition is his megalomania.
Then you have to figure out how a society without such a temptation could be achieved, and that's what the different branches of anarchism are trying to do.
By Abood
I didn't provide the video as an absolute, unquestionable definition of anarchy. I provided it as someone else talking about what anarchy really is (especially since he mentions that it's not about chaos). A dictionary, however, implies that it's an unquestionable definition... because it's a dictionary, where people get their definitions from.
By kummi90
I think we're spending too much time fighting each other's thoughts of school instead of focusing on the target at hand - getting rid of the government and the hierarchy system.

In a perfect anarchist society, you will not have only ONE system that everyone would follow, because not everybody agrees on ONE system, and therefore it would be anarchy by force, instead of letting everyone create their own anarchy... and the different school of thoughts would operate together
By Sam Sk.
Joker,

In the past, the word "democracy" has been used synonymously with "disorder."

...Does that make you an Old School Democrat?

You're a victim of ignorance instituted by government and capitalists. Educating yourself would be a good way to begin "throwing down the shackles of oppression."
By Grassy Knoll 1963
Uh, i know Joker, he was the one who introduced me to the site, and he got himself banned by lying about being a kid. Plus I think this was a wind-up.
By Abood
He got banned? I didn't know that. How did that happen?
Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will do[…]

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]