For Honisoit - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The 'no government' movement.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Wolfman
Here's an essay I wrote a while back for a government class. The teacher gave me a 'D' because I forgot to cite sources from the US Declaration of Independence, and so on. I should have failed, but thats another matter.

To answer a question such as ‘what is the perfect government’ would first require defining what its purpose is. While it is debatable as to whether or not one of these functions is in-fact a function of the government, the others are undeniable.
The first, and one of the most obvious is to enforce law. Law, which is meant to protect the people who are being governed. The next function of government is to summon, maintain, and regulate a military system. It is arguable if a military is a necessity, or even a good thing. However, militaries serve non-war related functions, such as disaster relief. The third function of government is to represent its people to other Nations, peoples, and States.
However, this doesn’t begin to cover all the functions of government, but is a basic guide to the varied functions. There is, however, still the matter of perfection. Perfection means that what ever is ‘perfect’ has no flaws, no problems, and is completely incorruptible. But, is such a thing even possible? I’m sure that 100 years ago there where plenty who believed that travel to the moon was not possible, so why can’t a perfect government be possible?
In any system of rule, there is perfection. Simply because it is rarely the system which is the problem. Systems are things, and things cannot be corrupted, or become corruptors. Only people can do that. Illegitimate systems of rule are simply ones in which people have corrupted the government too much for it to work.
It is possible that we will progress to the level of having a perfect government, however it is unlikely that that will be too soon. But, would we even need a government at that point? It is unlikely that we will. As Taoist say, “form within formlessness”. Or, in this instance “Government within Anarchy”.
At my saying “anarchy” many things come to mind, riots, attacks, murder, and lawlessness. But, is this really anarchy? The word comes form two Greek words meaning simply “without a leader”. So, it is easy to assume that there could be a society where the people simply don’t need a leader. In classes of advanced students, a teacher could leave, and the students would continue to work.
If a people didn’t need the protection of Law, it is unlikely that they would need the protection of a Military. The non-war related functions could be performed by organized civil groups. These two factors also remove the need for international representation. In a government without government it is unlikely, even improbable that national borders would be needed. Thus, creating a ‘World State without a need for Government’.
This is a form of anarchy, which is far from the evil demonstrated in a riot. Therefore, there are two kinds of anarchy. The lower forms of anarchy are where law, and leaders have been removed for destructive, non-productive ends. And the upper forms of anarchy, where leaders are simply not needed. Those students’ working quietly out of desire to learn is an example.
This is not a “government type” which should be instantly applied. It took thousands of years before people had mentally (and emotionally) evolved to the point where they were ready for democracy. Democracy being the first form of self-government. In another few hundred or so years, we will have evolved to the point where citizens of countries are ready for more self-government. In another few hundred years more freedom. And eventually, there will no longer be need for government at all.
By HoniSoit
Thanks for the article - I will read it carefully. :)

So are you a political science major?
By Wolfman
High school grad, actually. That was for an AP Government Class. You can read one of my more recent, thought out articles in the Health & Ed section, 'Let me tell you a story'.

However, I'm going to start college soon, I plan on majoring in Diesel Mechanics (which I am), and then maybe getting a degree in Poli Sci later. I'm not really sure what I plan on doing post-Associates. I tend to take things one step at a time.

Spoken like a true Nazi, no surprise since these […]

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/5/6/text-of-t[…]

Or maybe it's an inanity because commercial media […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Rancid There are numerous ways this is being[…]