Anarchist decision making in practice - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The 'no government' movement.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By ingliz
I dont believe council communism is anarchy and yes I am an individualist.You ,of course, have every right to define your 'isms' as you please.
By HoniSoit
You might find Libertarianism subforum more in tune with your thinking tho.

Welcome.
By ingliz
I like your style Honisant anybody who disagrees with you is a fascist :lol:
Last edited by ingliz on 26 Dec 2007 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
By HoniSoit
Except that's not my style - unless libertarianism and fascism are the same now?
By Red Star
Their uniforms are not good enough for fascism.
By ingliz
I always thought libertarianism was a euphemism for those too sqeamish to come right out and call themselves neo-nazis.
If not enlighten me.
By HoniSoit
I always thought libertarianism was a euphemism for those too sqeamish to come right out and call themselves neo-nazis.

Not at all. I never saw libertarianism as in any way associated with neo-Nazism.

I was only pointing out that there are more similarities between individualistic anarchism and libertarianism than with social anarchism, and that you might find your thinking more in line with those posting in the Libertarianism subforum on PoFo.

It's worth checking out if you are interested.
By Red Star
What do they look like?

The Armani Blacksuits.
By HoniSoit
The Chinese government seems to be blocking that image.

Is it subversive?
By Red Star
Extremely.
By SpiderMonkey
Ingliz, Libertarianism (as in the American usage, pro-capitalist anti-authoritarianism) is to Fascism as Marxism is to Stalinism.

Advocates of Libertarianism seem to honestly believe in human freedom, but only within the frame of a capitalist market. This inevitably causes cognitive dissonance when popular anti-capitalist movements appear - and thats when in practice libertarians end up aligned with neo-fascist regimes.

As with the Marxists, they argue that those who have gone before were not following the true path, and that if given another opportunity, Libertarianism can live up to its promises of freedom and meritocracy for all. Personally, I believe them no more than I believe the Marxists.

And Honisoit: I don't think that individualist anarchists are closer to libertarians at all - unless you subscribe to the libertarians definition of individualism as myopic self interest. True individualism is about being true to yourself, in action as well as thought, and that is actually hindered by a society that only significantly rewards one way of life (that of the entrepreneur).
By ingliz
I am sorry I seem to be in the wrong forum. I've just done the Test.Shit! I'm a Marxist.I'll just go out I might be some time............
By frodge
I've attended free parties (raves ect),which could be considered as autonomous.ie outside goverment or copoorate control.Although fairly large numbers are involved, it seems to work and there is no trouble as everyone is responible for each other, and everyone knows someone knows someone.
By Abood
I'm sorry, but you cannot compare an anarchist commune to a rave.... as much as you love raves.
By SpiderMonkey
I'm sorry, but you cannot compare an anarchist commune to a rave.... as much as you love raves.

Why not? Nobody is forced to go to a rave, they are social structures that arise through pure free association. How can an anarchist object?
By Abood
The fact that raves are parties and anarchist communes aren't doesn't make a difference to you? Raves don't have an economy, or a political structure, or anything. They're just... raves!
By SpiderMonkey
The fact that raves are parties and anarchist communes aren't doesn't make a difference to you? Raves don't have an economy, or a political structure, or anything. They're just... raves!

Politics and economics are merely models of human interaction, and raves are all about human interaction. If you want to propose alternatives to the current system you need to study how people organise and interact outside of that system.
By kummi90
Back to the question at hand:

I think that it is not considered hierachial if I decide to KO the nutjob walking around with a baseball bat, looking for trouble. Im sure that if i decided to fight him, it would have been for the common good, and is therefore justified accordingly.

:p
By SpiderMonkey
Back to the question at hand:

I think that it is not considered hierachial if I decide to KO the nutjob walking around with a baseball bat, looking for trouble. Im sure that if i decided to fight him, it would have been for the common good, and is therefore justified accordingly.

What if you decided to shoot him? Who decides what level of force is necessary in such a time-critical situation?[/quote]
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Wait, what ? South Korea defeated communists ? Wh[…]

@SpecialOlympian Stupid is as stupid does. If[…]

It is rather trivial to transmit culture. I can j[…]

World War II Day by Day

So long as we have a civilization worth fighting […]