More Israeli Brutality in Occupied West Bank - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
It is reported today that an Israeli "Border Police" officer on Sunday assaulted a Palestinian man in occupied Hebron, tipping him out of his wheelchair, smashing his head on the pavement. When others went to help the victim they were kicked back by another policeman. The Palestinians had been trying to reach a girl who had been shot and was writhing in pain so that they could provide assistance to her. Video of the assaults can be seen in a Telegraph report.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/12157445/Israeli-police-officer-knocks-disabled-Palestinian-man-out-of-his-wheelchair.html
Just another day in Occupied Palestine. Nothing but misery and no prospect for freedom.
The incident occurred shortly after Israeli security forces shot and wounded a 14-year-old Palestinian girl, who tried to commit a stabbing attack on Israeli officers. Perhaps the police officer assumed that the disabled man was a 14-year-old Palestinian girl's relative who orchestrated the attack. Since the police officer is an Arab-speaking member of Israel's Druze minority, he was just doing his job. Similar explosive situations developed in Britain's Northern Ireland as well as Japan's Korea and we cannot hold the moral high ground when it comes to occupation policies.

Later, a Palestinian teen tried to stab Israeli border police between Jerusalem and Bethlehem before being shot dead, Israeli authorities said. The Palestinian health ministry identified the assailant as Naim Safi, 17, who was from a village near Bethlehem. Earlier today the grieving relatives of a 17-year-old Palestinian girl, shot dead as she tried to stab an Israeli soldier and a bystander, were seen preparing for her funeral. Officials said the body of Kalzar al-Uweiwi was taken to hospital so she could be 're-united with her family' and buried in Herbon after she was shot dead on the West Bank yesterday.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ldier.html
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 16 Feb 2016 01:49, edited 2 times in total.
ThirdTerm wrote:The incident occurred shortly after Israeli security forces shot and wounded a 14-year-old Palestinian girl, who tried to commit a stabbing attack on Israeli officers. Perhaps the police officer assumed that the disabled man was a 14-year-old Palestinian girl's relative who orchestrated the attack. Since the police officer is an Arab-speaking member of Israel's Druze minority, he was just doing his job.

The officer probably lost it as an attack had just occurred. Still, it doesn't justify tipping some presumably disabled guy from his wheelchair, soldiers are supposed to act professionally and not lose it.
ThirdTerm wrote:The incident occurred shortly after Israeli security forces shot and wounded a 14-year-old Palestinian girl, who tried to commit a stabbing attack on Israeli officers.

Is there any evidence for this?

The soldiers were not allowing the girl any medical aid while she lay their bleeding to death, this is why others attempted to offer her aid. Including the guy in a wheelchair who was kicked over.

The most moral army lol.
Since when do you care about evidence? One can show you a video of someone who recently stabbed a soldier who is holding a knife, refuses to let it go, gets shot and wounded (not killed) by Israeli security forces and drops the knife as a result, and you will say the person is dead and that she wasn't holding a knife at all, even when it is seen and heard in a video of the whole thing.
wat0n wrote:Since when do you care about evidence? One can show you a video of someone who recently stabbed a soldier who is holding a knife, refuses to let it go, gets shot and wounded (not killed) by Israeli security forces and drops the knife as a result, and you will say the person is dead and that she wasn't holding a knife at all, even when it is seen and heard in a video of the whole thing.

Lots of Palestinian children are shot dead by the Israelis and so often we only have the word of the IDF or "Border" Police for it that it was self-defense. You are probably right that in this instance the occupation police officer did lose self control but it would not have been reported and we would not have seen it for ourselves had someone not captured it on a cell phone. Worse is happening daily in the Occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem.
And now launching personal attacks, heh skinster? Sadly for you, that doesn't change the fact that you have rejected clear video evidence in the past.

@Heinie: I agree, when Israeli soldiers act criminally and unprofessionally it is definitely best if there is video evidence of it. Ditto with regards to attacks by Palestinians.

There is definitely evidence of it in this video. Let's see if some punishment or disciplinary action will be taken. I am skeptical though, given that it seemingly took in the midst of a stabbing.
noemon wrote:
Video-Graphic Images

Full video here. Thanks for the link.
wat0n wrote:
@Heinie: I agree, when Israeli soldiers act criminally and unprofessionally it is definitely best if there is video evidence of it. Ditto with regards to attacks by Palestinians.

There is definitely evidence of it in this video. Let's see if some punishment or disciplinary action will be taken. I am skeptical though, given that it seemingly took in the midst of a stabbing.

Yes and yes. Who knows what happens as the video is turned away as the cripple approaches him and only shows the aggression by the border policeman.
skinster wrote:
The soldiers were not allowing the girl any medical aid while she lay their bleeding to death, this is why others attempted to offer her aid. Including the guy in a wheelchair who was kicked over.

Disallowing whom? Medical aid arrives quickly at the scene.
ThirdTerm wrote:The incident occurred shortly after Israeli security forces shot and wounded a 14-year-old Palestinian girl, who tried to commit a stabbing attack on Israeli officers. Perhaps the police officer assumed that the disabled man was a 14-year-old Palestinian girl's relative who orchestrated the attack. Since the police officer is an Arab-speaking member of Israel's Druze minority, he was just doing his job. Similar explosive situations developed in Britain's Northern Ireland as well as Japan's Korea and we cannot hold the moral high ground when it comes to occupation policies.

There have been 26 Israelis killed in the last few months and over 100 Palestinian attackers are dead ... All things considered? The Israeli troopers behaved with moderate restraint and did in fact prevent the situation from getting out of hand (that's their job). Offensive actions were limited, without any extension or follow through, and were effective. The girl was "looked at" and determined not to be in immediate danger. They kept the street open so the ambulance could get through. She's lucky to be alive ... Tipping the guy in the chair seems aggressive ... but what else do you do when a guy in a wheel chair refuses to cooperate ? makes threats ? incites a riot ? ... Seriously ? Good way to make sure he's not sitting on a bomb too ... I'd be nervous if I was one of those troopers.

It's been suggested wheelchair guy was a fake or a plant, if you scroll down that linked story, you'll find an extended video that gives a much better impression of the event, and a pic that definitely shows he's lost a leg. I can understand his concerns, and they're perfectly legit ... but the 1st rule for an aid giver is "FOLLOW DIRECTIONS." Arguing with authority isn't going to help anyone.

ThirdTerm wrote:Later, a Palestinian teen tried to stab Israeli border police between Jerusalem and Bethlehem before being shot dead, Israeli authorities said. The Palestinian health ministry identified the assailant as Naim Safi, 17, who was from a village near Bethlehem. Earlier today the grieving relatives of a 17-year-old Palestinian girl, shot dead as she tried to stab an Israeli soldier and a bystander, were seen preparing for her funeral.

I think that linked article says there were 4 other Arab men killed in attacks on Israelis the same day ... They weren't so lucky.

Zam
danholo wrote:
Disallowing whom? Medical aid arrives quickly at the scene.

A military ambulance

Graphic

The Palestinanists don't care if she came to murder or if the she's pion in Palestinian pathetic games using their own children for propaganda of the deed. The same old story, Israel killed her to stole her organs. This propaganda is sometimes accepted by antisemitic media in the west.

Last edited by Pongo on 16 Feb 2016 03:57, edited 2 times in total.
wat0n wrote:And now launching personal attacks, heh skinster? Sadly for you, that doesn't change the fact that you have rejected clear video evidence in the past.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

This is a bit different to that thing you do where you demand I cry for the deaths of a certain ethnicity because of something I post that's unrelated.

Feel free to keep going.
skinster wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about.

Sadly, the thread seems to have been nuked but it was about the video of the Afula stabbing attack early in this wave of stabbings, and how Israeli forces shot the woman after she refused to drop the knife even after being ordered to. The whole thing was taped and uploaded to the internet, yet you just ignored the video and kept claiming the same shit: She was an unarmed innocent woman shot by Israeli police.

skinster wrote:This is a bit different to that thing you do where you demand I cry for the deaths of a certain ethnicity because of something I post that's unrelated.

Feel free to keep going. :D

Oh, you mean when you start acting outraged over racism and attacks against minorities in the West (and the West only), or Muslims, and I highlight that you show no such outrage when Muslims attack Israeli Jews in the same way (indeed, you usually try to justify it without ever condemning it)?

Why do you have the gall to say those who don't agree with you on Israel are propagandists when you have yet to admit wrongdoings by those you like? For instance, I am generally supportive of Israel yet the actions of the soldier who tipped the guy from the wheelchair is unacceptable as I said, so is the whole settlement enterprise and the support it gets from the Israeli State, as I have also said many times. Yet it turns out I'm obviously the paid shill here, according to you. Right.

Newsflash: It is certainly possible to support Palestinians without supporting Palestinian attacks against civilians.

That's not counting the conspirational tone of the criticism, meant to silence the poster rather than address the argument, be it good or bad (usually that's a sign you are out of ideas).

But Hadrian wasn't really the instigator and it a[…]

@Verv "a certain issue" Passing […]

Zionists and others who support the way Israel is[…]

You couldn't make this up

Reminds me of the Hague Invasion Act and the point[…]