Israel to annex agricultural land in Jordan Valley - Page 27 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
I think that's what I've been doing for a rather long time, providing a variety of sources to do so and in some cases including direct quotations from them. I believe I said everything I had to say, and addressed everything I had to address - unless some new argument arises, of course.
UN chief urges Israel to reverse illegal West Bank land confiscation of prime agricultural land
The original allocation of 370 acres of West Bank agricultural land near the Palestinian city of Jericho is now about 600 acres to be used for illegal settlement expansion. Yesterday, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urged Israel to reverse its decision on the grounds that it makes the possibility of a Palestinian state less viable. "Such actions appear to point toward an increase in settlement activities and demonstrate that Israel is continuing to push forward in the consolidation of its control of the West Bank," said UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/un-chief-asks-israel-to-reverse-west-bank-land-appropriation/
Someone should ask the UN to tell us something we do not already know.
You can't 'seize' land that is already under your state's occupation. Plus there is such a thing as clearing an area for military purposes. Remember the settlement freeze is still in place. There has been no real expansion for 3 years now. And the PA is already rubbish law and order which an occupying power is responsible for.

Going to be difficult to do that without expanding the network of military posts.
European Union joins USA and the UN in condemning the Israelis
Does Israel have a friend left in the world, it must be asked. "The European Union on Thursday blasted Israel’s land appropriation this week of 580 acres near the West Bank city of Jericho, saying it raises questions about Jerusalem’s commitment to the two-state solution."
http://www.timesofisrael.com/eu-denounces-israels-west-bank-land-appropriation/
redcarpet wrote:You can't 'seize' land that is already under your state's occupation. Plus there is such a thing as clearing an area for military purposes. Remember the settlement freeze is still in place. There has been no real expansion for 3 years now. And the PA is already rubbish law and order which an occupying power is responsible for.

of course you can, the west bank is under military occupation, but when land either privately owned or in use by the population is fenced off by troops and the population denied access f course the correct description is the land is 'seized'. no real expansion. wrong there has been expansion. Israel rejects that it is an occupying power, if Israel is to claim the privileges of an occupying power it should be also required to bear responsibilities, which it does not. Israel has a long history of sizing land for 'military purposes' and then turning it over to settlers.

this land sizeure is wrong. people find all sorts of excuses but either the west bank is part of Israel or it it is not. according to international law it is not. any settlement is illegal, and land can only be seized for defined purposes and returned to the population afterwards. if it is part of Israel and israel is free to do what it likes, the the population of the west bank is entitled to be Israeli citizens. Israel has it cake and eats it too. it takes the land but denies the population any political rights it is wrong.
Israel bears blame says U.S. Vice President
"To be frank, the Israeli government’s steady process of expanding settlements and expropriating land is eroding the possibility of a two-state solution," Biden said at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) meeting last night in Washington D.C.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/joe-biden-to-aipac-israeli-palestinian-apathy-incredibly-disappointing/
We heard it before, Joe.

Save your breath, Joe; they ain't listening.

It's the very defintion of "being Scottish.&[…]

The settlements are not profitable overall either[…]

@Puffer Fish When we stop bailing out banks, g[…]

Eurovision I THE BIGGEST FREE WORLD SHOW IS ON, wh[…]