Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud Party Wins Israeli Election - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Rich wrote:How in God's name is Obama doing Iran's bidding?

He's more or less putting them in a position to acquire a nuclear weapon, because he thinks that is a good idea.

Rich wrote:Have you no dignity?

Sure I do.

Rich wrote:Does not America and the West not grovel sufficiently before our Zionist masters?

They frequently do, probably due to strong Jewish influence in banking and international finance.

Rich wrote:The Fifth fleet sits in Bahrain defending the Sunni terror regime.

Right. It was generally not an anti-US Sunni terror machine until after the Gulf War, when the Saudis and Saddam Hussein seemed sympathetic to Osama bin Laden et. al. to begin attacking the US military to get out of Saudi Arabia. Well, we're out. Obama, on the other hand, is trying to woo the Shia. It's a pretty dangerous game. That has led to a collapse of the sunni-shia government in Iraq, the rise of ISIS, the collapse of Syria, the collapse of Yemen, and so on.

Rich wrote:We consort with Saudi, Pakistan, Qatar how can that add up to doing Iran's bidding in anything but the minds odf demented Jewish supremacists?

The Saudi relationship goes back to the 1920s. Pakistan was about serving as a buffer to India when India was flirting with the communists. I'm not sure how you'd equate them with Qatar.

Rich wrote:Is Netanyahu getting elected a bad thing?

Not for people sympathetic to him.

Rich wrote:If it is why did the Republican Senators give him a platform?

If Iran gets a nuclear weapon, large scale war will break out in the middle east. Obama seems to think it will put the brakes on US power. I don't think it will. I think it will guarantee nuclear war.

Rich wrote:If its a good thing what's the problem with how Obama handled it.

The laments you have about the list of state actors you enumerated is that they are US allies, and so is Israel. Iran is not. Saudi Arabia and Israel are actually on the same page with respect to Iran and Syria, and both are opposed to Obama's actions. What's happening now is that nobody gives a fuck about the Palestinians, because they are very secondary to Iran, Syria, Yemen, the rise of ISIS, instability in Egypt and Libya, etc. Basically, nobody cares about the Palestinians anymore. Netanyahu just proved he didn't have to express concern or sympathy with a 2-state solution.
layman wrote:By that logic neither to the Palestinians as they voted Hamas.

Look like you snookered yourself :P

It does seem to show a hardening and maybe more cynical aproach though. As I said before, left wing governments seemed to do better when the risks and violence against jews were greater.

What about those who live in the West Bank and have sued for peace with Israel but instead have been subjected to a policy of shameless land grab where settlers take land by force or intimidation if necessary, then the IDF move in to protect the settlers. Why don't these people deserve a home or representation? There's nearly more Palestinian refugees living in Lebanon than there is Lebanese, a generation born and forced to exist in almost neolithic conditions and the numbers are growing These people are desperate and their options are getting more limited while the Israelis are living it up in their artificial paradises behind their giant walls and checkpoints.
What about those who live in the West Bank and have sued for peace with Israel but instead have been subjected to a policy of

It is one thing to "sue for peace" under your own conditions. Another to accept comprimise. Plenty of Israelis would sign a peace tomorrow to. One that they think is fair.

shameless land grab where settlers take land by force or intimidation if necessary, then the IDF move in to protect the settlers.

Yeah it is actually pretty shameless I agree.

Why don't these people deserve a home or representation? There's nearly more Palestinian refugees living in Lebanon than there is Lebanese, a generation born and forced to exist in almost neolithic conditions and the numbers are growing These people are desperate and their options are getting more limited while the Israelis are living it up in their artificial paradises behind their giant walls and checkpoints.

Noone is doubting it sucks to be in that position. Laying the blame is extremely complicated. The biggest portion has to go to the palestinian leadership who for so many years simply refused any deal other that total surrender from the Israelis. This is a fact. Arafat only seemed to come round at the end but even he refused the camp david deal. He said his own people would have murdered him had he accepted. What does that tell you.

The Arab countries pretty much moulded the palestinians into a buffer to serve their interests. They were groomed to be like this and it is now so hard to undo.
layman wrote:It is one thing to "sue for peace" under your own conditions. Another to accept comprimise. Plenty of Israelis would sign a peace tomorrow to. One that they think is fair.

But they came to an agreement, Hamas and Fatah split because Fatah recognised Israel as a legitimate state except Israel has flouted that agreement from its conception and continues to expand into the West Bank.
But they came to an agreement, Hamas and Fatah split because Fatah recognised Israel as a legitimate state except Israel has flouted that agreement from its conception and continues to expand into the West Bank.

No, they didnt come to an agreement. That is the whole fucking problem. Fatah recognising Israel’s right to exist is progress but is recent in relative terms. That isn’t enough for a peace deal though. Jerusalem and the right to return, land swaps are still contended.

Hamas of course still want to fight "to the death" and continue to do so. There is no negotiating with Gazza obviously because of this.

Can Israel even make peace with one but not the other?
And all this time the Israelis have lied. They don't want a two state solution. The U.S. gives the Isralis aid, Obama should give this aid to the poor in the US.
In short Netanyahu has made a god-awful domestic mess for himself - and internationally I presume that he will be persona non-grata everywhere -who would trust anything he says?

danholo wrote:In other news, the 20th Knesset has the most women and Arab representatives than ever in its short history.
I certainly don't think the advance of the Joint List is anything to celebrate. What a vile and hideous grouping: Islamacists and Islamacist fellow travellers.
Netanyahu is a liar and a racist. The Israelis deserve him and the whole world now knows that the Israelis don't want peace.

Deny palestine existed, deny apartheid, deny rascim, deny brutal settler violence against christian communities, deny that young children are being sexually abused by the isreali army at detention centres, and a third of children in detention centres are christian children as young as seven, deny burning down olive groves, deny that the church of the nazareth has been targeted many times over the years .
even in the face of facts, they deny anything that is inconvenient. In isreal, the only way is denial.
anarchist23 wrote:Netanyahu is a liar and a racist. The Israelis deserve him and the whole world now knows that the Israelis don't want peace.

You are the strangest Anarchist i've ever heard of, bar none. Why do you want to replace one State with another, if you are an Anarchist? You simply don't have an interest in this fight in the manner in which you fight it.
annatar1914 wrote:
You are the strangest Anarchist i've ever heard of, bar none. Why do you want to replace one State with another, if you are an Anarchist? You simply don't have an interest in this fight in the manner in which you fight it.

Have you run out of excuses for Israelis behaviour and cannot deny the truth of Israeli war crimes you make personal attacks. How pathetic.
anarchist23 wrote:Have you run out of excuses for Israelis behaviour and cannot deny the truth of Israeli war crimes you make personal attacks. How pathetic.

Not a personal attack at all, just an attempt to clarify the role of your 'anarchist' ideology in informing your anti-Israeli narrative. As for myself, I am not in favor of the modern Israeli State as such, yet I do not favor the Islamic Caliphate that would attempt to replace it, as any Palestine built on it's political ruins would be in position to be exactly that.
anarchist23 wrote:At this rate you apologists for Netanyahu and his terrorist army will have a full house. Long live Palestinian freedom fighters.

Aside from the merits or demerits of anything you've mentioned, how the fuck does this relate to any kind of Anarchist, anti-Statist critique? And how would you be any closer to Anarchism if your 'Palestinian freedom fighters' prevailed? Are they anarchists too?

I'm not even saying anything against your critique at this point, I am just curious how all this relates in your mind to 'Anarchism', and wish to know why you won't address that issue.

Are you a real Anarchist, and what is your specific critique of this Palestinian/Israeli problem on an Anarchist basis?
anarchist23 wrote:At this rate you apologists for Netanyahu and his terrorist army will have a full house. Long live Palestinian freedom fighters.

You've got me all wrong, but I don't think your opinions are based on anything well thought out or particularly based on facts anyhow.

Look, I don't particularly like Netanyahu but I have more disdain for fake anarchists who are actually nothing more than antisemites and supporters of Islamic totalitarianism. This makes my skin crawl and trumps any feelings I might have towards Netanyahu. Fortunately I can focus all my anger on this board to a genuine enemy of Israel who has called for the indiscriminate death of my fellow countrymen.

One would need to ask the Israelis to define "[…]

The point was to share a few examples of the laws[…]

I wasn't sure where else I should post this , so I[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@noemon Litwin is not a troll but a sophistica[…]