What's the difference between transvestite, transgender and transsexual. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
There seems to be some confusion in regards to the difference between transvestite, transgender and transsexual . Some say there is a difference and some say there isn't.

I think that part of the problem is that none of these terms are well defined, but here goes. transgender is an umbrella term that basically means that the person has (at least) some kind of feeling of being the opposite gender that their sex parts (and socieity) say they are. Basically, you don't have to have a vagina to be a girl, and vice versa. most people do at least take hormones though. some people don't like the term transsexual, because it refers to sex, which the whole gender thing really has nothing to do with, but it pretty much does refer to the operations. (i think you pretty much have it.)
And to all of the haters....do you know any trans people? have you lived in their shoes?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 427AAxwMjf
anarchist23 wrote:There seems to be some confusion in regards to the difference between transvestite, transgender and transsexual . Some say there is a difference and some say there isn't.

That is actually the problem. I am 69 and have never met a transgender, so why must I be bombarded by their wishes? I have been thinking about why I seem to be going farther to the right, even though I have no real problem with many of the left's views. It is because I can not watch TV, or read the news without being bombarded by their message. It is a 100 times more annoying than having religious fanatics knocking on my door. Give it a friggin' break. Not everything needs to be about some minority's wishes.
anarchist23 wrote:There seems to be some confusion in regards to the difference between transvestite, transgender and transsexual . Some say there is a difference and some say there isn't.

Someone who is transgender has a condition in which their mind does not match their anatomical sex https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/ . A transsexual is someone who has had sex reassignment surgery . And a transvestite is more generally someone who likes to play dress up in the clothing of the opposite gender / sex , and more specifically someone with the fetish of transvestitism . . And I actually do know a number of transgender persons . One of them , if I understand correctly , is Dagoth Ur , a poster on this forum . We happen to be Facebook friends . And in addition , I have another Facebook friend whom turned out to be a trans woman , which I actually hadn't known when I first met and added her , and I also have a Facebook friend whom is a self described genderqueer , which I didn't know at the time I added them either , named Meli Penfold . As for me , I don't really personally understand what gender identity entails , as a find myself to be agender . Though I present as a man , and given that I still reside with my conservative evangelical Christian parents , it's not like I would have much choice anyway , I also imagine that had I been born anatomically female instead , I wouldn't feel any gender dysphoria over that either , and would have likewise ended up presenting as a woman . Hope that answers your questions .
This was in the paper last week.
Anyone who is a transgender must live in fear as the attacks on them are common place.

An ex-sailor fatally stabbed a transgender woman 119 times with a 10-inch blade minutes after they had sex - because she confessed she was born a man.

Dwanya Hickerson butchered Dee Whigham after 'losing it' at a hotel room in Mississippi, US.

An autopsy showed many of the stab wounds were to Dee's face. Her throat was had also been slashed three times.

Hickerson was arrested on Keesler Air Force Base two days after killing the nurse at a Best Western Hotel.

Dwanya Hickerson pleaded guilty to murdering nurse Dee Whigham.
Hickerson was jailed for 40 years.

A court heard the pair had met up to have sex after talking online for a couple of months.

Hickerson admitted murdering Dee. He said he flew into a rage after the pair had sex and then she revealed she had been born a man.

"I lost. I lost it," he told the court.

Dee was slashed across the throat and stabbed in the face (Image: Facebook)
Hickerson was caught on CCTV leaving the hotel room.

Before his sentencing, Hickerson apologised to Whigham’s family, the Sun Herald reports.

"I apologise to the family," he said. "I really, really wish it had turned out differently. If I could take it back, I would."

Hickerson could have faced the death penalty if he had gone to trial on the original charge of capital murder.

Dee was a nurse at her local hospital.

Because of his early plea, Hickerson was sentenced to 40 years in prison with no possibility of parole.

"I didn’t approve of his [Dee's] lifestyle," the victim's sister, Denisha Whigham, said to Hickerson.

"So, I can understand what you say happened, happened. I can understand your anger.

"But, I miss my brother."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... r-10869878
So being transgender is grounds for murder? I understand a break-up or something along those lines, but there is never grounds for stabbing someone 119 times

its not a ground for murder but the fact that this transgender didnt tell the man that he was born man well I cant blame him for his reaction
if it would happen with me I definitely would break some bones in his body but wouldn't murder

well we cal call that an overreaction :lol:
Zionist Nationalist wrote:its not a ground for murder but the fact that this transgender didnt tell the man that he was born man well I cant blame him for his reaction
if it would happen with me I definitely would break some bones in his body but wouldn't murder

well we cal call that an overreaction :lol:

That case actually reminds me of a case I read about , in which a woman was convicted of rape , because the jury found that she deceived her same sex partner into thinking she was a man . So while it might not be considered justification for homicide , or even assault , it may be grounds for a rape charge . https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/29/gayle-newland-found-guilty-at-retrial-of-tricking-female-friend-into-sex

:lol: The U.S. has basically dropped Ukraine. […]

The link and quote has been posted. As well as l[…]

Nobody is trying to distract from the humanitarian[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Again: nope. Putin in Feb 2022 only decided ... […]