Religion... could it be just a hoax? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
I can see even in the posts of religious nuts here on pofo that religion is also a form a relief for people who cant stand the facts of life.
people just have to believe that there is life after death or that someone who murdered dozens of people will go to hell when infact its not going to happen.
I can see even in the posts of religious nuts here on pofo that religion is also a form a relief for people who cant stand the facts of life.

What an ignorant statement.
Metaphysics are not something easy to explain Nets. I just know there is something, don't ask me to be precise though, it would take me so much energy and effort to only start convincing you.
Stop fucking trolling or go back to elementary school. The level of debate here is better than this.

Tell your mom you are bored but leave us alone.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:You are believing in fairy tales written on some ancient book and you say Im the one who need to go to elementary school

I dont debate with religious nuts
I have pity on those people and wont waste time on them.

That certainly explains your presence in this Religion forum...
Noelnada wrote:Metaphysics are not something easy to explain Nets. I just know there is something, don't ask me to be precise though, it would take me so much energy and effort to only start convincing you.

You can at least see why personal experience/revelation/knowledge like this would be unconvincing to the rest of us.
You can at least see why personal experience/revelation/knowledge like this would be unconvincing to the rest of us.

Of course and i respect your perspective, i believe religious persons and non-religious can reach agreement on moral questions for a mutual benefit. As i do believe people from different religious creeds can coexist together and develop ethics which transcend religious boundaries.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:t religion is also a form a relief for people who cant stand the facts of life.

its hard for people to realize that there is nothing after death

It is extremely difficult to accept that you are answerable for every action you will ever take to an all-knowing and all-seeing creator, and that you are bound by a higher law which forces you to constrain your passions and egotistical desires.

It is much easier to deny this truth and live life as if you are accountable to nobody but your own ego, to satisfy your every whim with complete disregard for any eventual judgement.

Atheism is the easy option for those who can't stand the ultimate 'fact of life' - God.
I think with the distance of post-modernism, it's plain that the Abrahamic religions are disciplinary institutions that create societies of a human product that is good for commerce.

And that this is a dangerous type of human to create is also becoming clear.

"Good for commerce" people are consumer drones who follow whatever propaganda message they are given to follow. The hoax is there and it's a dangerous one. Maybe fatal.

@FiveofSwords I disagreed that capitalism is 'Je[…]

I never made this argument. Then clarify exact[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

For what? Not being Nazi enough? https://twitt[…]

Charles de Gaulle's (French president from January[…]