Happy Ramadan! - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By Abood
Huh?

All restaurants open right before iftar. At least that's how it is in Kuwait.
By Muslim
[youtube]UncWt4VKZQo[/youtube]
Last edited by Muslim on 22 Aug 2009 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
By skinster
Some of my family are fasting today. I don't fast because I ain't into religion.

Happy Ramadam, peeps who celebrate this shizz.
By Ter
Igor, they fast from sunrise to sundown. That means getting up at 3:30 AM or something and eating, then eating again at Iftar time at sundown.

People with money sleep through most of the day though. Smoking and having sex is also prohibited during the fasting hours.

Ter
By naked_turk
Basing it on the moon makes it really funny. It used to be that Ramadan couldn't start until the moon was spotted - so if it was cloudy in one city and clear in the next, only the city in the clear would start celebrating. Now we tend to base it on scientific measurements but there are still lots of ways they're taken so it differs.
LOL, I didn't know about this until I read it last night. And surprisingly enough, apparently today wasn't an official fasting day in Iran because (I'm not sure how true it is) Khamenei couldn't see the moon last night.

Oh and in Iran they use a completely different calendar than the Arabs. It's a solar calendar with the new year positioned at the spring equinox; it's 365 days, 12 months, with the months corresponding to the months of the calendar from which they get the whole libra, aquarius, cancer etc. Apparently the calendar is 2500+ years old, but the year was zeroed out during the Islamisation of the country. Because of the solar/lunar discrepancy, the Arabs are now well into the 1400's whereas in Iran the year is 1388. :eek:
By Wolfman
I wish a dignified Ramadan to all the Islamic posters, as I hope you'll return the favor on my faiths holidays
By Andres
Happy Ramadan. :|

In order to improve customer service, your post may be monitored and recorded to insure quality of service.
By JohnRawls
Happy Ramadan.

Anyone else found Obamas speach a bit strange . It was like 'We Know Ramadan Exist and its like ....' .
Did Bush do this kind of speaches ?
By Ter
Oxymoron wrote:Lets see if he wishes us a merry Yom Kippur

Of course he will.
And then Kwanza.

Ter
By Beirut
Lets see if he wishes us a merry Yom Kippur

I sure will.
I just knew that it is recommended for Sunni Muslims to fast on Yom Kippur ( Ashura) too! ; [because our Prophet Muhammad(s.a.v) went to Medina and found the Jews fasting on the tenth of Muharram. Muhammad inquired of them, "What is the significance of this day on which you fast?" They replied, "This is a good day, the day on which God rescued the children of Israel from their enemy. So, Moses fasted this day." Muhammad said, "We have more claim over Moses than you."
From then, Muhammad fasted on the tenth of Muharram.] :lol:
By Oxymoron
Muhammad said, "We have more claim over Moses than you."

What does this mean?
By Beirut
What does this mean?

He (the Prophet Muhammad) said, “We are closer to Moosa than you.”...(believing that Muslims are closer to Prophet Moses than the Jews themselves.)
Moses is mentioned more in the Qur'an than any other individual; He (Moses) ,in Islam , was a messenger and a prophet.
By Nets
Can't you leave our religion alone and dream up your own prophets! First you steal our Temple Mount, and now our prophets too!

:lol:
By Muslim
Nets wrote:First you steal our Temple Mount, and now our prophets too!

Among other reasons, it's because the sons of Israel killed their prophets (including the attempt to kill Jesus) that the prophecy moved to the lineage of the sons of Ishmael - according to Islam.
By Oxymoron
Among other reasons, it's because the sons of Israel killed their prophets (including the attempt to kill Jesus) that the prophecy moved to the lineage of the sons of Ishmael - according to Islam.

No Jews killed false prophets only.
By Muslimanka
Sssooo hungry...
By Muslim
Me too :|

It is healthy, however. I consider it a kind of no-junk-food break within the year!

Not sure because I didn't click on the link. Bl[…]

World War II Day by Day

June 7, Friday Navy captain wins first Victoria […]

@FiveofSwords " To preserve his genes &qu[…]

@Godstud , @Tainari88 , @Potemkin @Verv […]