Atheist Churches - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
By Hong Wu
Potemkin wrote:Or in death's unspeaking communion.

Well, that never occurred to me. I only just started reading it and didn't realize that a lot of the Zhuangzhi is about death, so I was applying my own thoughts to it.
By Potemkin
Well, that never occurred to me. I only just started reading it and didn't realize that a lot of the Zhuangzhi is about death, so I was applying my own thoughts to it.

Throughout his book, Zhuangzi emphasises the importance of being aware of our own mortality before we can acquire wisdom. The world must be seen in the light of eternity, which is the same thing as saying that life must be seen in the light of death. As Wittgenstein put it, "to see one's life as a completed whole - that is the mystical."
By capitosinora
Dagoth Ur wrote:I don't really think they are very different. God is just another form of ideal with its own rules. Like modern atheist liberals have just replaced the old theistic justifications with liberal leaders becoming the new saints to the God of commerce.

With new temples called Shopping Centers.

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]