Who are better drivers, women or men? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Women are bad at parking and men are better.

Men ARE better than women at parking: Feminist scientists proves what sexist motorists have known all along

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... along.html

Women drivers were slower and less accurate, tests found

The results, which are bound to reignite long-running arguments between couples, found that women took up to 20 seconds longer to park in the same space.
But although they were more cautious about edging into position, it did not make them any more accurate, and they tended to end up much closer to the edge of the bays than the male drivers.

Women Drivers Are Worse Than Men, According to Study

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2011 ... sh_men.php

According to Michael Sivak and Brandon Schoettle of the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute men and women actually get into pretty much the same number of accidents in six crash scenarios they looked at.

But: Men drive more -- about 60 percent of the time versus women's 40 percent.

So women, in turn, have more of these crashes compared to the time they spend behind the wheel.
These issues don't seem any different than those faced by a very traditional and conservative man in almost any other culture.

Yes, it would suck. Traditional roles for men are often just as strict as those for women, but we men are less willing to give them up because they also give us all the power in society.
I hereby ban Oxy to Jewish comedy land, where his lord Mel Brooks presides over a cast of thousands of funny people.

MissTNT wrote:Ya, I'm getting just more than a little tired of hearing how my girls and I can't drive even though I'm probably a better driver than most of the "Dudes" on this forum. I parallel park fast and well. I can back a trailer, fifth wheel, etc. quicker and better than most dick bearers. Hell, at my last job as an oiler, I usually spent a good 1/2 hour re-parking trucks properly, alone at night, to make enough space for more trucks after a bunch of "Men" fucked it all up in daylight WITH A SPOTTER.

Howl Baby Howl!

[youtube]Q8ZPJWyNtGA[/youtube]
Siberian Fox wrote:Gunning for a red card are we? I've had a lot of complaints about the misogynistic **** being touted by a number of members, so I'm not feeling too lenient on the matter of rule three violations of late.

LOL, I think siberian that he was meaning the way they drive, perhaps in his area where he lives. Even my mother used to say (as my wife does now) that women make the worst drivers.I disagree, I think most people are terrible drivers; only the Scottish seemed to have been quite mindful...perhaps their quite bizarre version of caesar salad does it for them.

MissTNT wrote: I parallel park fast and well..

This alone would put you vastly above me and 98% of the rest of the driving public, let alone the men.
It has a lot to do with exposure. Round these parts girls/women are typically expected to jump in a get it done along with the boys/men. I don't know many chicks who haven't pulled a trailer/boat/whatever by the time they are 18 and likely have back them down a launch ramp or into a parking spot. Parallel parking is easy, once you know how. You simply pull forward until your vehicle's center is at the bumper of the car your gonna park behind, then put it in reverse and turn in til you're 3/4 of the way to the curb then straighten it out the rest of the way in reverse. Put it in "Drive" and even up your distances front and behind. Boom, done.

But, here, chicks are told that kinda thing. Expectations are that chicks can and should be able to handle it and do it. So, we do. And the idea of having your daughter assaulted, raped or killed cause she blew out a tire in the middle of BumFucked with no cell reception because she couldn't change the tire herself is terrifying. When I mention becoming a welder I don't get a lot of Oohing and Ahhing except every once in while off a few older(as in 80 yr old and up) folks. In Utah, they acted like I was some kinda OMG freaking rock star or something for driving a damned haul truck. Big fucking whoop. I couldn't even get steel toed shoes in my size there. Here, I can get choose between about 6 different styles.

As far as Mythbusers goes, I've been enduring a Netflix marathon of them lately. Not really impressed. It's OK, fun to watch, I like blowing shit up for no real reason too, but at the same time all three of us tend to wind up picking apart their methodology. It's Scientainment. As far as studies go, whatever. I can twist facts with the best of them. I have a stronger tendency to watch what the folks who have to put their money where their mouths are. Insurance rates for females are lower than males because, although women do tend to have more accidents, due to a tendency to be in higher traffic areas(shopping areas, school zones, etc) with more cross traffic and obstacles, the costs and damages incurred in those incidents are far less than the men who tend to fuck it up hard core and at high speeds causing more severe damages and injuries.

And, the mines, construction companies, industrial sites, etc. are actively recruiting women beyond any so-called quotas because we are safer and better workers who don't like to run shit that isn't working properly and will call for the mechanic before the equipment goes into catastrophic failure. My bosses have also LOVED the fact that I will tell them I don't know how to do something and ask them to show me how rather than "manning up" and faking my way through until I fuck it up so hard they have to spend 5 times as much work fixing the fuck up. Every MSHA/OSHA trainer whose class I've attended in the last 5 years has flat said that if a company is looking at two candidates of equal or near enough skill level, they will hire the female over the male every time. We also take that "Right to Shut Down the Site for Safety" seriously. One of the mine managers told our college president(female, btw) that if he could find enough women his whole mine would be all female.
KFlint wrote:Mythbusters did a segment on who was better drivers males/females, they confirmed that men, are indeed, better drivers. Sorry, there is no arguing with the all knowing mythbusters.
This. Science doesn't lie, despite what some people might say.

The Trifecta of Bad Driving is:
1) Asian
2) Female
3) Old
I was informed of this by a friend of mine who was a driving instructor for a number of years.
There is a rather simple way to make a determination. We just look into the ER statistics, in regards to automobile collisions by gender. Here is the 2010 data. Listed as "Drivers Involved in Crashes and Involvement Rates per Licensed Driver by Sex and Crash Severity, 1975-2010 ".

The problem is, it does not show the total number of drivers nationally by sex, so the data is only partial for what we need and I have to do some work. So if someone else could find the other data we would have a pretty clear picture.
It has to be men. I'm not chauvinistic but I'm not going to lie either. Women are usually slower and\ usually park a foot away from the footpath with the arse of the car sticking out in the middle of the road. Also I was driving home from work last week and was stuck behind around ten cars with a tractor at the front. By the time I got behind the tractor and started to overtake I was amazed to find their was a girl in a micra driving in front of the tractor. Now you have to be driving pretty slow to be holding up a feckin tractor. Of course their are some terrible men drivers also, women drivers just seem to lack the confidence. But women are better at plenty of things driving just ain't one of them.
Ha ha the mythbusters? They are two clowns, especially the sham with the beret.
I've seen some women be pretty good drivers, and perhaps the thing still against them is that a lot of the men they are with, drive, instead of them. Experience factors in. This is not a condemnation of anyone, but it's simply not even, as it were.

I always drove, unless I was drunk, with the woman I was with.
Statistically in The Netherlands...

Males under de 25 cause the most crashes
Above the age of 30, the females make more crashes. But the difference with males is very small.

There was a ensurance company that claimed women were more safe drivers and was giving them a discount. But it got labelled as unfounded, untrue, and since it was discriminating also illegal.

It's about the same in Germany.
Overall the males make slightly more crashes, like 1 more per billion km.

Previous researches labelling the males as bad drivers usually only looked who owned and ensured the car and were unable to find out who exactly was driving. And that legacy is exceptional hard to root out. So mind you, when you read that males make more crashes... you never get to read how they did their research.
Anyway, if men are so great, why are their insurance rates higher? Oh right... because they are more expensive.

Women may or may not be "better" drivers, whatever that means, but one thing is for sure: They cost their insurance companies less money, so they pay less.

The male inferiority complex is really annoying. Can't you just leave chicks alone? You're stronger than her already, stop trying to be prettier too. (Except Dagoth, he gets a pass)
Listen, safer doesn't always mean better. Any way damn insurances company's only charge men more because they know men need to drive more than women do and their are more of them on the road. Women in general are preferable to men for practical reasons like less violence, better looking and their mothering skills but driving is a man's game.
Demosthenes wrote:They cost their insurance companies less money, so they pay less.

You live in a sexist nation where you get discriminated, demo?

Anyways, since the male is usually the person who brings in the most money, means that the male ensures all the cars. So when his wife crashes, than it's noted that the male makes the ensurance claim.

Just as a diplomat is a man who is hired to lie […]

The figures. Hamas has in fact killed far more pe[…]

If we use your parameters to decide what 'race' t[…]

The romans did systematically genocide the Cartha[…]