Who are better drivers, women or men? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Maas wrote:Anyways, since the male is usually the person who brings in the most money, means that the male ensures all the cars. So when his wife crashes, than it's noted that the male makes the ensurance claim.

The man can still pay the bill but get the car insured under his wife's name. Due to our sexist laws this would be the smart thing to do.
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:Listen, safer doesn't always mean better

It doesn't mean they aren't better either. I mean, in all honesty I could care less if someone is just shitting around and giving woman a hard time, but when/if it gets serious it's very annoying. Young men can really be spoiled brats in a lot of ways in that they don't appreciate, just on a basic level, what they get from women. That isn't some feminist notion, and it isn't some political statement. It's a life observation. Young men are self-centered and egotistical until life kicks them in the teeth and they have to go back and look at all the things they get in life, and finally start to give some thanks instead of just assholishness.

So women are better or worse drivers. Whatevz/ I really don't are as I'm not less manly if they are, and I'm not more if I am. The idea of being more manly by always needing to prove some kind of superiority to women is complete silliness anyway. You've got a cock. You're a dude. End of story.

Anyway, I digress.

Maas wrote:You live in a sexist nation where you get discriminated, demo?

Actually no, my complaint is with shitty male drivers that bring up my premiums because they cost the insurance companies more money.

Maas wrote:Anyways, since the male is usually the person who brings in the most money, means that the male ensures all the cars. So when his wife crashes, than it's noted that the male makes the ensurance claim.

I'm not sure that's very accurate.
Demosthenes wrote:It doesn't mean they aren't better either. I mean, in all honesty I could care less if someone is just shitting around and giving woman a hard time, but when/if it gets serious it's very annoying. Young men can really be spoiled brats in a lot of ways in that they don't appreciate, just on a basic level, what they get from women. That isn't some feminist notion, and it isn't some political statement. It's a life observation. Young men are self-centered and egotistical until life kicks them in the teeth and they have to go back and look at all the things they get in life, and finally start to give some thanks instead of just assholishness.

So women are better or worse drivers. Whatevz/ I really don't are as I'm not less manly if they are, and I'm not more if I am. The idea of being more manly by always needing to prove some kind of superiority to women is complete silliness anyway. You've got a cock. You're a dude. End of story.

Anyway, I digress.

Have you even read past the first line of any of my posts?
I had friends over last night, and when we went out to the balcony to smoke we saw one of nature's miracles: an Asian trying to parallel park.

It took them 15 minutes with the assistance of their friend. I really wish I had recorded it, because their ineptitude at parking was amazing. At one point, he came into the space at a nearly perpendicular angle.
I saw an Indian woman trying to pull out of a parking spot at a service station. Every time she pulled out a little bit, a car would pull into the parking lot, she'd get intimidated, and drive back in. It was total comedy! She spent 10 minutes going in, and out, etc. I really wondered how she managed to get a license...
Women are good drivers until two women get close to each other. Then, most car accidents somehow end up being woman vs. woman. My mother once commented on this. She said, "I always think the other driver will get out of the way, because she's a woman."
Pants-of-dog wrote:These issues don't seem any different than those faced by a very traditional and conservative man in almost any other culture.

Yes, it would suck. Traditional roles for men are often just as strict as those for women, but we men are less willing to give them up because they also give us all the power in society.

Depends what your definition of power is.
Power to die in wars, power to be more likely to end up in prison or homeless, power to commit suicide; you get the picture.
The whole notion of "patriarchy harms men too" fails acknowledge the power females have and what they always have had in society.

If a woman is hit in the street by a man, many will come to her aid, and the man will most likely face arrest. If a woman hits a man in the street, people would stand idly by, nothing will come from it; people will probably assume that the man is in the wrong. Now thats what I call power. Ever seen an argument between a boyfriend/girlfriend, it will get to a certain point, until she says "right we are not having sex tonight" and then it will be over, the boyfriend will beg for reconciliation; this dynamic has been played throughout history.

Most movements and calls for legislation have been created for the benefit of women. How did they encourage millions of young men to go and fight to their deaths; well they were told the "women of Britain say go". The government encouraged women to place white feathers on men in civilian clothing in order to shame the boys for not defending them.

Both men and women benefitted and were harmed by traditional roles which were placed by them; the notion that men have been conspiring to keep women down and still do to this day, is absurd. I have never had another man give me a special deal on a car or motorbike for simply being a man.
SE23 wrote:Depends what your definition of power is.
Power to die in wars, power to be more likely to end up in prison or homeless, power to commit suicide; you get the picture.
The whole notion of "patriarchy harms men too" fails acknowledge the power females have and what they always have had in society.

The power to start wars and rape women with impunity in war.
The power to commit murder.
The power to make more money, dress the way you want to, automatically be respected without having to earn it, walk down the street withou tbeing objectified and a million other ways.

If a woman is hit in the street by a man, many will come to her aid, and the man will most likely face arrest. If a woman hits a man in the street, people would stand idly by, nothing will come from it; people will probably assume that the man is in the wrong. Now thats what I call power.

Way to completely ignore the fact that men tend to have significantly more upper body strength, and the fact that male on female violence has been used since time immemorial to oppress women. If you ignore these two facts about power, then you might have a point.

For the conservative religious man, violence is not prohibited when "disciplining" a woman. On the contrary, it is almost a duty.

Ever seen an argument between a boyfriend/girlfriend, it will get to a certain point, until she says "right we are not having sex tonight" and then it will be over, the boyfriend will beg for reconciliation; this dynamic has been played throughout history.

Here you ignore the fact that women are almost always the victim of rape and men are almost always the perpetrator.

And for religiously conservative couples, they are pretty much obligated to have sex with each other regardless of their personal desires. We usually call sex without consent "rape".

Most movements and calls for legislation have been created for the benefit of women. How did they encourage millions of young men to go and fight to their deaths; well they were told the "women of Britain say go". The government encouraged women to place white feathers on men in civilian clothing in order to shame the boys for not defending them.

Thank you for the example of how traditional male roles hurt men as well.

SE23 wrote:Both men and women benefitted and were harmed by traditional roles which were placed by them; the notion that men have been conspiring to keep women down and still do to this day, is absurd. I have never had another man give me a special deal on a car or motorbike for simply being a man.

Really? I got a job in the construction industry by simply knowing someone and being male.
I get treated like a paying customer when I walk into the Future Shop computer department. Many women do not.
I get treated like I know what I am talking about when I go into a mechanic's garage. Women do not.

Like I said, traditional roles give men privileges.
I'd say men are better drivers for reasons of better spatial awareness and confidence but they are also poorer drivers in terms of aggression and recklessness. The typical accident a women has is to dent a fender whilst trying, vainly, to park. The typical accident for a man is a spectacular 90+ mph flying off the road into a tree. Its biological; men are hard-wired for the adrenaline rush, hunting and fighting, women aren't.

My wife and I are pretty typical of our genders. I can parallel park my enormous car in the smallest of spaces in seconds with my eyes closed. I bought her a fast saloon which she has decorated with innumerable dents and dings though she has never taken it over 50mph!
Pants-of-dog wrote:
The power to start wars and rape women with impunity in war.
The power to commit murder.
The power to make more money, dress the way you want to, automatically be respected without having to earn it, walk down the street withou tbeing objectified and a million other ways.

Way to completely ignore the fact that men tend to have significantly more upper body strength, and the fact that male on female violence has been used since time immemorial to oppress women. If you ignore these two facts about power, then you might have a point.

For the conservative religious man, violence is not prohibited when "disciplining" a woman. On the contrary, it is almost a duty.

[

Here you ignore the fact that women are almost always the victim of rape and men are almost always the perpetrator.

And for religiously conservative couples, they are pretty much obligated to have sex with each other regardless of their personal desires. We usually call sex without consent "rape".

Thank you for the example of how traditional male roles hurt men as well.

Really? I got a job in the construction industry by simply knowing someone and being male.
I get treated like a paying customer when I walk into the Future Shop computer department. Many women do not.
I get treated like I know what I am talking about when I go into a mechanic's garage. Women do not.

Like I said, traditional roles give men privileges.

Blah blah yes "girls are cool and boys drool"

I have been through all the other previous gynocentric myths that feminism pushes already, and can't be bothered again.

All I have to say is that, it took hundreds of thousands of men to die in war, in order for them to receive the vote, yet it only took one woman to kill herself at a horse race, for the female gender to receive theirs. Both females and males had their positive societal reinforcement and negative reinforcement. The noble white knights and feminists seek to highlight positive male reinforcement and negative female reinforcement, ignoring the other side of the coin.

Ironically enough, people like you, who see women as being vulnerable creatures that need to protected over the web, is a degrading concept, and the only sexism I see on this thread.
SE23 wrote:Blah blah yes "girls are cool and boys drool"

I have been through all the other previous gynocentric myths that feminism pushes already, and can't be bothered again.

In other words, you have no rebuttal to my arguments.

All I have to say is that, it took hundreds of thousands of men to die in war, in order for them to receive the vote, yet it only took one woman to kill herself at a horse race, for the female gender to receive theirs.

You seem to think that women don't die in wars. This is not true.

Both females and males had their positive societal reinforcement and negative reinforcement. The noble white knights and feminists seek to highlight positive male reinforcement and negative female reinforcement, ignoring the other side of the coin.

This is an ad-hominem and not an actual argument.

Ironically enough, people like you, who see women as being vulnerable creatures that need to protected over the web, is a degrading concept, and the only sexism I see on this thread.

I don't think that. You just keep pretending I believe that when you run out of arguments. And you obviously ignored all my comments showing how traditional roles are also unfair to men.
PoD you are a troll, there is no other way around it, I reply to your arguments with posts of information, and then you say it's not true, without giving much of an explanation or evidence on your part; and then you will make some psychological analysis of me; why should I waste energy and time on such a person. "patriarchy harms men too" fails to comprehend a situation where women have to take responsibility for their actions as well.
My claim is simple: that traditional roles for men and women hurts both genders, but since men also get power from the traditional model, they have more reason to support it than women.

Feel free to prove me wrong.
there are too many factors to really say anything definite about this, but one or two things are pretty obviously related to driving and have been mentioned already, like spatial awareness

my take on these fairly apparent differences is that rather like some forms of inhereted 'fatness' or size our bodies have responded to our environment and can adapt quickly when the environment differs to the one the previous generations enjoyed. The upshot of that is if you've been doing things that rely on spatial awareness from an early age your spatial awareness is probably not going to be much different in that respect, whatever your gender. Your body will have compensated for the inherited disposition against spatial awareness.

testosterone, on the other hand, can not be so easily overcome. But its effects are nowhere near as specific to driving as spatial awareness is.
So, you have no evidence it is conjecture.

Traditional roles hurt men by putting them into wars. They hurt women by making them targets of rape. These are just two examples. Would you like more?

@Rich But the English and Americans are not Sp[…]

I met a guy from Nigeria, he explained me in Niger[…]

I am not going to debate someone else’s perceptio[…]

...Except when they would be massacred/plundered p[…]