Top 5 Scientists/Mathematicians - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Leonardo da Vinci. Overrrated or not?

Leonardo was great at the high-level concept, but not so hot at the actual engineering required to make his ideas work in practice. Drawing pictures of helicopters and submarines back in the 15th century was pretty damn impressive, but it didn't actually help bring those inventions closer to becoming reality by even one year.
Leonardo daVinci created a math system for the barely/non- numerate and designed several bridges, some of which were built. If it wasnt for his art, he would be just another productive Italian scientist/engineer.
What would you consider "high Amps" to be?

It's all relative. In the SoCs I work on, 10mA of current draw on one of the subsystems can be considered way too high. If we're talking about electric motors, the amperage that could damage it (and thus be too high) could be 10s of amps.

What's the stupid point you're trying to make so that you can feel smart? Out with it already.

You're a fairly new member to pofo. Some advice; being combative and being a general dick to everyone doesn't work here. If someone wants to list Mozart, fucking let them. With music, you can make the argument there is a very mathematical/procedural component to the composition of music anyway.
Rancid wrote:
It's all relative. In the SoCs I work on, 10mA of current draw on one of the subsystems can be considered way too high. If we're talking about electric motors, the amperage that could damage it (and thus be too high) could be 10s of amps.

I think my assessment of you was correct.
How much credit should be given to the giants who saw far, and how much to those who saw further by standing on said giants?

How much credit do we give to Newton for Gravity and how much to Kepler and others?
If Newton is to be remembered because he saw further then Kepler, then if/when a new milestone in gravity is understood in the future, shall some one else be consider the father/discoverer of gravity?
(I'm thinking Einstein, but Andre isnt here to correct us)
Rancid wrote:It's all relative. In the SoCs I work on, 10mA of current draw on one of the subsystems can be considered way too high. If we're talking about electric motors, the amperage that could damage it (and thus be too high) could be 10s of amps.

What's the stupid point you're trying to make so that you can feel smart? Out with it already.

You're a fairly new member to pofo. Some advice; being combative and being a general dick to everyone doesn't work here. If someone wants to list Mozart, fucking let them. With music, you can make the argument there is a very mathematical/procedural component to the composition of music anyway.

You accuse me of being combatative? Yet you have the temerity to call me a dick?
Well, if that's the level of intellect that floats your boat or bloats your ego, it makes my point more eloquently than I.

Maths in music?
I suppose you could make a connection. Time signatures, the frequency of the notes in the diatonic scale........The Well-Tempered Clavier (JSB) comes to mind.
On time signatures, Take Five with Dave Brubeck is a 5/4 jazz classic.

None of that makes Motzart a mathematician. But you knew all that already didn't you?

Anyway, here is a little pic to be going on with. As you are an electrical engineer, you will obviously understand the significance of of it.

Or maybe not.
Wow you really are obsessed with convincing people you are smart. I just want to let you know that you are convincing people of the opposite.
mikema63 wrote:Wow you really are obsessed with convincing people you are smart. I just want to let you know that you are convincing people of the opposite.

Do you have something constructive to add on the topic other than emulating the Rancid rancid style?
Do you? All I've seen you do this entire thread is try to make everybody think you're smart and to attack Rancid. Neither of which have anything to do with the topic.

AIPAC & The Dirty Dozen Cash rec’d from AI[…]

Or maybe it's an inanity because commercial media[…]

... @FiveofSwords is a person who is part of an […]

What special powers? You're right, wat0n. Wealth[…]