Russia and European Space agency to build base on moon - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Russia and Europe to launch joint mission to dark side of Moon, then build base there

The European Space Agency (ESA) is set to join Russia’s ambitious plan to colonize the Moon, with an announcement that it will provide key tech for a planned exploration mission in 2020, and possibly help construct a permanent outpost.

Announced by Russia’s space agency Roscosmos last November, Luna 27 is a robotic lander that will land in the South Pole–Aitken basin, a giant crater on the dark side of the Moon, and prospect it for resources that could be utilized by future moon-dwellers.

For the mission, ESA is expected to supply Pilot, a landing system that uses laser guidance and a set of sophisticated cameras to pick the best spot for exploration, and a revolutionary drill that will burrow 2 meters under the surface. The Europeans will also construct an on-board lab that can immediately analyze the samples.

https://www.rt.com/news/319015-luna-moon-russia-esa/
Of course there is Pote. The side we can't see is dark just as things don't exist when we can't see them and people die when they are in other rooms to us. What the hell do you think you are; a physicist?
I... I'm sorry Decky. I don't know what came over me. It won't happen again.

Good. I would worry about you but of course when I log out all the PoFoers vanish in a puff of smoke so no need to concern myself with them. What cider should I buy at the off license today?
I...I...I... sometimes on Friday (payday) I buy the strongbow in the silver cans. The strongbow adulterated with citrus flavours for smoother drinking experience...

Still now that the petit bourgeois in charge of us is busy running the gang into the ground paydays (and indeed jobs to do) are a bit thin on the ground so that hasn't happened for sometime.

I used the re-read the ragged trousered philanthropists every couple of years but I doubt I will bother now, I am living it.
I think we should stay on Earth forever until we solve everything bad like poverty, war, disease, unhappiness, rudeness, the Netherlands, and so on. It's not like fixing everything and creating heaven on Earth will take an extremely long time or anything. And then we can explore and colonize space.
I...I...I... sometimes on Friday (payday) I buy the strongbow in the silver cans. The strongbow adulterated with citrus flavours for smoother drinking experience...

*gasp*

Is... is this true, Decky? Have you... have you really fallen so low...?
I hope European and Russian space agencies will continue to collaborate and work hard together to accomplish this kind of project. ExoMars is the next big joint project. For the moon project, it sounds like a good idea but i think it's premature to expect a moon base before a couple of decades.

Wrong. If anything, it's the sign of a mature, fu[…]

This is si.ply factually untrue. The population i[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The arrogance of Volodymyr Zelensky is incredible.[…]

Are you having fun yet Potemkin? :lol: How coul[…]