Keyboards built into restaurant tables - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

I found this mildly interesting:

I haven't seen this myself, but from googling it this is a Panera thing. It's kind of an interesting idea since having an actual mechanical keyboard on the table is nuts; you can type on a (kind of) normal keyboard and then have your food/drinks on top of it. (I'm assuming there's a "turn the keyboard off" button or something so you don't just type jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj or some such)

On the other hand, while on my iPad I can type with two hands it's still a pain - on a mechanical keyboard there's audible and tactile responses when I strike a key. I guess you can turn on the keyboard click noise on the iPad but the mechanical response is impossible to replicate. Also the damn thing takes up half the screen.

I'm very particular about keyboards :P
I don't find it difficult to type on my tablet with two hands, i'm doing it right now, i can't type as fast as on a mechanical keyboard and i feel like i'm playing on my gameboy but well, it's acceptable.

About restaurant table keyboard, hell no, it's horrible if it's all about eating in front of a computer, i'd rather stay :home or at the office (and use a mechanical keyboard then)
Noelnada wrote:I don't find it difficult to type on my tablet with two hands, i'm doing it right now, i can't type as fast as on a mechanical keyboard and i feel like i'm playing on my gameboy but well, it's acceptable.

About restaurant table keyboard, hell no, it's horrible if it's all about eating in front of a computer, i'd rather stay :home or at the office (and use a mechanical keyboard then)

Well, you also didn't capitalize "I" four times and put a colon for no reason in so I'm not impressed with your demonstration of the virtues of the tablet keyboard.

The feature of this is that the same space that you use for food/drink can also be used for typing - I don't really imagine doing both at the same time. (the plate would be on top of the keyboard!) But, while you're waiting for your food...
I never capitalize "i" (i'm french speaking). I almost forgot it should be but it's just another rule that will go out of fashion.

Ok i do tons of mistakes typing on the tablet when i'm not careful and sometimes it's quite ugly when i reread muself but that's allright, i do tons of grammatical faults on classic keyboards because i type so fucking fast on them.

I'd advise you to just disconnect rather than use that computer diner table (says the guy typing from his bed).

Hmm, see how English speakers ignore perfectly so[…]

I'm not defining "indigenous" that way. […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

still, Compared to the corrupt Putin´s familie s […]

World War II Day by Day

May 14, Tuesday Germany takes Holland At dawn[…]