black conservativism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Potemkin
The closest I can think of is Mobutu's ideology (if you can call it that) of 'negritude' in Zaire (which is now Congo again). However, you probably don't want to go down that route. It was never much more than merely an ideological figleaf to cover his brutal dictatorship and rampant kleptomania.
By fuser
So basically EM, you are not motivated by plight of your fellow black brethern but only ideology. It has to be conservatism/fascism, right? You know, you are kinda doing things backwards.
fuser wrote:So basically EM, you are not motivated by plight of your fellow black brethern but only ideology. It has to be conservatism/fascism, right? You know, you are kinda doing things backwards.

If you are going to insult me, please just leave. I don't have time to deal with you, or your communist friends who won't give me a straight answer. You don't know me or my motivations and my struggles, who are you to say I don't give a damn about my people plight and suffering.
Last edited by Cartertonian on 11 Jun 2014 21:39, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Rule 2 violation
By mikema63
Conservatism as you know it doesn't exist in Africa, because it's a distinctly Anglosphere thing.

It's a subset of liberalism (In the broader Ideological sense) and is based on European enlightenment philosophy. If you mean conservatism in the broad ideological sense (as opposed to the narrower one typified by American or British conservatism) then any group in Africa who likes things as they are is conservative.

Which would be the position of a madman.
mikema63 wrote:Conservatism as you know it doesn't exist in Africa, because it's a distinctly Anglosphere thing.

It's a subset of liberalism (In the broader Ideological sense) and is based on European enlightenment philosophy. If you mean conservatism in the broad ideological sense (as opposed to the narrower one typified by American or British conservatism) then any group in Africa who likes things as they are is conservative.

Which would be the position of a madman.

Conservatism,, the title ideology made be a European thing, but I'm talking about, Africans who care about the traditions and value and morality, of pre-colonel Africa , and wish to return to it.
By Lightman
There never existed a single set of values or morals in pre-colonial Africa.

Also, European conservatism is not necessarily liberal.
By Potemkin
Africans who care about the traditions and value and morality, of pre-colonel Africa , and wish to return to it.

You mean pagan, pre-Christian Africa? You won't find many takers for that in Africa itself, EM.....
By mikema63
Also, European conservatism is not necessarily liberal.

Which is why I was talking about anglosphere conservatism.

EM, African Americans tend to romanticize that kind of thing. Most Africans do not.
By Potemkin
Ethiopia was Christian before European arrived.

But most of the rest of Africa wasn't. And Africans like being Christians (they also like being Muslims too). If EM comes along and tells them they should all revert to paganism, they'll have a few choice words to say to him....
Do you guys know of any African conservatives

You may not like that answer...

or any Black ideology that is conservative and African...Africans who care about the traditions and value and morality, of pre-colonel Africa , and wish to return to it.

Authenticité is a part of the broader Mobutism. Might work for you. Maybe.

I don't know if there's a specific name for it, but Papa Docism might fit the bill too.
Potemkin wrote:But most of the rest of Africa wasn't. And Africans like being Christians (they also like being Muslims too). If EM comes along and tells them they should all revert to paganism, they'll have a few choice words to say to him....

You do know that there was other Christianize countries beside Ethiopia prior to colonization, and there were many majority Muslim kingdoms in Africa.
By Plaro
North Africa used to be Christian before Arab Muslim invasion, Ethiopia escaped the Arab onslaught. If it was not for the Arabs probably many other places in Africa would have been Christianised as well way before European colonization.
Plaro wrote:North Africa used to be Christian before Arab Muslim invasion, Ethiopia escaped the Arab onslaught. If it was not for the Arabs probably many other places in Africa would have been Christianised as well way before European colonization.

True, I would have expect, that if Islam wasn't as powerful as it have in the past, The Ethiopian church might have spread it's faith among the African province
The Democratic Party of Botswana, ruling party of Botswana for the past five decades comes to mind as an example of black African conservatism. It holds to a free market ideology and what not. The ruling party of Nigeria holds a similar conservative ideology although I forget the name of it.

You are mistaken about this. Even if you studied […]

He is a bad candidate. He is the only candidat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The 2nd Punic War wasn't bad for Rome because a) […]