Stem cell technology. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Decky wrote:Enjoy being overtaken by sane countries. :roll:

How short sighted would you have to be to pursue such a policy? I can see why the US will cease to be he worlds only super power within my lifetime.

How odd. Back when all scientific research in the US was privately funded, we had this funny thing called the Industrial Revolution and these two guys named Tom and Nikola who invented and patented a lot of stuff. Federally funded technology has given us a few cool things like nukes and the Internet, but it has mostly been a lot of CIA men-staring-at-goats nonsense. And the Gay Bomb.

Remember: our tax dollars went to pay someone to think up the Gay Bomb. I'll trust private research, thank you very much.
By Decky
How odd. Back when all scientific research in the US was privately funded, we had this funny thing called the Industrial Revolution

:eh:

The industrial revolution happened in Britain. Copying things isn't hard work.

Remember: our tax dollars went to pay someone to think up the Gay Bomb. I'll trust private research, thank you very much.

I'm no colonial. So it has nothing to do with me.

Now what do you think would have happened if the state hadn't invented the A bomb? Someone else who did give state funding to technology (for example Germany or the Soviet Union) would have invented it first and you would have been the ones with two cities transformed into smoking craters (either letting the axis win the war or letting the Soviet Union have a very early win in the cold war).

Do you not see how bad an idea it is to stop funding technology when competent countries will continue to do so? You are throwing away your lead just to appease your free market gods. :roll: The US is digging its own grave.

I find it bizarre that people like @Unthinking M[…]

Really you must have had some very unusual ancest[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Muscovite schizophrenic Ivan Ilyin is quite lit[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 15, Wednesday Britons flock to the local def[…]