How old was Virigin Mary when she gave birth to Jesus? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Rome, Greece, Egypt & other ancient history (c 4000 BCE - 476 CE) and pre-history.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By telluro
ninurta wrote:No they all didn't. Not my gods. And aside from not viewing homosexuality as a sin, aside from that, there isn't much.

Which pantheon do you follow?

My religion is not truly christianity, I know its hard to grasp, I don't believe in Yahweh. Why do you think my beliefa are in essence christianity?

It's not hard to grasp at all. Sure, you reject the form of Christianity, but keep its essence under a pagan guise. What's your bias against genocide for example?
By telluro
The New Testament is clearly a conflation of historical characters and of mythic/religious literary devices. I don't see why it should be one or the other.

Christians tend to argue that since there are some historical settings and characters in the NT, then the whole NT must be historical. But this is clearly not the case with ancient books. If you take The Iliad for example, the invasion of Troy seems to have been historical - it doesn't mean that all the mythic/religious literature that surrounds it is true, and Christian clearly agree.

Similarly, just because there are some mythic/religious literary devices in The Iliad and the NT does not mean that there is no historicity to them whatsoever.

We do what we usually do with mythic/religious literature. We separate the ordinary from the extraordinary. There is no reason to disbelieve that a man believed by some to be the Messiah was caught between the politicking of Jews and Romans, and was crucified. There were probably many such Messiahs - that one of them was called Yeshua ben Miriam is no great thing. On the other hand, that this man was born from a virgin, performed miracles, absolved sins, rose from the dead, etc... all these are clearly recognizable mythic/religious themes in the Judeo-Hellenistic world that Judea was at the time. The ideas of demigods, miracle-workers, messiahs, and "scapegoats" (sacrifices which take your sins upon themselves, and die to absolve them) are all Greek and Jewish ideas that seem to have been all imposed on this teacher.
By ninurta
telluro wrote:[]No they all didn't. Not my gods. And aside from not viewing homosexuality as a sin, aside from that, there isn't much.[]
Which pantheon do you follow?

The sumerian one. And don't get that confused with semitic mesopotamian paths.

[]My religion is not truly christianity, I know its hard to grasp, I don't believe in Yahweh. Why do you think my beliefa are in essence christianity?[]
It's not hard to grasp at all. Sure, you reject the form of Christianity, but keep its essence under a pagan guise. What's your bias against genocide for example?

No. What do I have against genocide? Idk, maybe because its extremely wrong. Unless you can prove it right. Its wrong because it kills people based on your dislike of them.
By Arthur2sheds_Jackson
How old was Eve when Adam first give her one?

Months, weeks, days old?

Hours?

It seems this bible shite is founded on paedophilia.
By ninurta
arthur_two_sheds_jackson wrote:How old was Eve when Adam first give her one?

probably a teenager at age 100 like all the other mythological people in genesis.

Months, weeks, days old?

Hours?

It seems this bible shite is founded on paedophilia.

Their life was too long to know. The Bible is founded on incredible myths.
By Huntster
So the "listening to dead people society" is an elite group, is it?

Yup.

What about listening to "alive people?"

Or listening to your own instincts?

Any word on listening to the non-dead?

This is also an elite group. Only those who possess the ability to hear and process the noise can listen to "alive people", "instincts", and "non-dead".

Believing in miracles always leads to environmental collapse so try to grow up.

Environmentalism itself is "believing in miracles". It is a religion itself.

What pisses me off is not your whiteness (?) or y[…]

Support for terrorism keeps flooding media coverag[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Horrifying footage from Volchansk Bodies of civi[…]

Israel doesn't have hostages. They overall have[…]