Spanish civil war - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Inter-war period (1919-1938), Russian civil war (1917–1921) and other non World War topics (1914-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Truthseeker
Examples of Trotskyist parties with popularity include "Revolutionary Communist League" and "Workers' Struggle" in France.

Seeing how the French were extremely unhelpful in the war and it was IN FRANCE, I don't know how that's relevant.
By kami321
Where?

POUM
How?

by being the official ideology of the movement
By Truthseeker
POUM

It was formed by the fusion of the Trotskyist Communist Left of Spain (Izquierda Comunista de España, ICE) and the Workers' and Peasants Bloc (BOC, affiliated with the Right Opposition) against the will of Leon Trotsky, with whom the former broke.

Source

IIRC there were also some criticisms of the fourth international in party papers.
By kami321
Source

IIRC there were also some criticisms of the fourth international in party papers.

what's the point of posting this? This proves/disproves nothing.

As I said before:
Him personally - no. But his ideas did.
By The Immortal Goon
Two quick points:

The POUM did have Trotskyists in it, but it was not a Trotskyist organisation. As I said (as I was quoted before):

the POUM was led by Andres Nin, Trotsky's former secretary. Trotsky and Nin broke over the issue of taking the help from Anarchists, rather conservitive Basque nationalists, and some really rather conservative support in to the POUM.

Trotsky favored the "United Front" of proletarian elements and only proletarian elements aimed soley at the destruction of capitalism - fascism, of course, being part of capitalism.

The POUM had a grab-bag of other issues it was courting, not all of which were proletarian.

The Stalinists (I know people object to that term, but it's shorthand - just as when I use "trotskyist") favored a "Popular Front" of alligning themselves with smaller capitalists to oppose fascism.

The May Days were rather important as everything was put to the test - Barcelona had already been under worker control. The POUM, Trots, and anarchists wanted it to remain in worker control. The Stalinists wanted to put it under capitalist control until the fascists were defeated. This was the spark that set off the poweder keg. Eventually the Popular Front began liquidating the POUM soldiers. It should be pointed out that had their positions been reversed, the United Front probably would have eventually turned on the Popular Front as traitors as well.

-TIG :rockon:

@Rich I am seeing a journalistic piece posing th[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting look at the nuclear saber rattling Put[…]

The school trespassed them. They said they can p[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 12, Sunday Aliens are interned or put under […]