History of Nuclear Testing - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

'Cold war' communist versus capitalist ideological struggle (1946 - 1990) and everything else in the post World War II era (1946 onwards).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By QatzelOk
That was excellent, Typhoon.

I like how the video reduces poisonous clouds of nuclear poisons down to a scoreboard where you can cheer for your favorite superpower. "Go, Soviet Union, go!"

Bloody Chernobyls all around!
By Typhoon
I thought so too which is why I just had to post it, I like how the video highlights the extent of testing that happened within a relatively short period of time and the number of sites in which weapons were tested, which I dont think many are quite aware of. I think the video acts as strong argument as to why the test ban treaty is so important, especially at a time when there is gathering sopport for a return to nuclear testing to validate a proposed new generation of warheads.

Bloody Baneberry's all around!

Fixed. 8)
By Cookie Monster
I think the video acts as strong argument as to why the test ban treaty is so important, especially at a time when there is gathering sopport for a return to nuclear testing to validate a proposed new generation of warheads.
Indeed, in fact you can see the effect of the Treaty clearly in the video as the test decrease in the 90's. Overall the video is interesting if you take into account the historical context of some of the periods with high intensity of tests.
By Lightman
I just watched this video while listening to Shostakovich's 5th Symphony and it was mind-blowing. I admit that I have rather little to contribute to this discussion other than a general agreement with Cookiemonster, but I just wanted to say that.
By Arthur2sheds_Jackson
What an excellent video with some surprising final figures.

Some of the frenzies are very impressive, France and the Southern Pacific from mid 73 onwards etc.

The prosecutor will need to explain why is it that[…]

If your argument centers around not believing in […]

https://i.ibb.co/Bs37t8b/canvas-moral[…]

I was being sarcastic, @FiveofSwords . Hitler wa[…]