Guns Guns Guns - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Demosthenes
Voltaire wrote:Demo, I see no point in arguing with you anymore because that is exactly what this is, an argument.

No, it isn't. You violated the forum rules. Period. No arguement. I had no problem with you previously.

Voltaire wrote:Your whole argument consists of trying to belittle me and keep telling me that I am a kid, so fucking what?

Again, this is no argument. You are obsessing on my more or less off-handed comment. You should be less defensive.

Voltaire wrote:The only chip on my shoulder is that I don't like you.

That makes one of us, because I'm indifferent.

Voltaire wrote:I tell it how it is, how I perceive it and I quite frankly don't give a shit about you.

The admin will likely beg to differ. Whether you like me or not is irrelevant to you obeying the forum rules. You can try and make this about anything else you like, but I was with you until you started mouthing off. At that point, it was time to say something to you. Obey the rules, and I won't have to repeatedly say that kind of thing to you again.

Voltaire wrote:So have a nice life 'moderating this site', I hope that you get a nice pension.

Whatever.
By Voltaire
Egorov wrote:A 10 year old could've said the exact same thing and meant the same thing as you. There's no point in turning your back on me all of a sudden. I did nothing more than post a smiley in response to a comment of yours.

Yea, well perhaps you should give some explanation to a random smiley :)

Alright Demo, you base everything on the pretense that this site is my life. Hardly, but obviously it is yours, and if the admin is as ignorant as you I'm sure I wont be here anymore.

Way to weed out the people with conflicting ideas and the balls to say something.
By Syd
Yea, well perhaps you should give some explanation to a random smiley

Read over your own comment, look at it from the point of view of an outsiders pair of eyes, and understand why I did that.
By Voltaire
Egorov wrote:Read over your own comment, look at it from the point of view of an outsiders pair of eyes, and understand why I did that.

I would probably laugh that somebody like me is telling off a moderator. When it is the moderator that started the whole fiasco.
By LiquidPony
Carteronian wrote:I just figured that the veritable arsenal Voltaire listed ( :eek: ) was somewhat over the top.

"Veritable arsenal" ... ?

Come, now.

A couple of pistols, a couple of rifles, and a couple of shotguns does not an arsenal make. Besides, he'd still need a Shaolin Spade for proper zombie defense.

You'd probably think my basement was Fort Bragg. :)
By Syd
I'm on Demo's side anyway. And no, I'm not kissing his ass, I'm on his side ever since his contribution to the ass-hat thread. :lol:
By Rojik of the Arctic
I'm a moderator :D

Unfortunately it's on another site :(

Still, if I consentrate real hard 8)

Nup :knife:
By Demosthenes
Voltaire wrote:Alright Demo, you base everything on the pretense that this site is my life.

What?

Voltaire wrote:Hardly, but obviously it is yours, and if the admin is as ignorant as you I'm sure I wont be here anymore.

Especially if you don't have the sense not to shit where you eat. Anyway, I doubt anything you've done is permanent at this point.

Voltaire wrote:Way to weed out the people with conflicting ideas and the balls to say something.

Uh, I'm not a gun control supporter, our ideas don't conflict. What you call "balls" is actually just acting like a punk.

Voltaire wrote:When it is the moderator that started the whole fiasco.

No. You started it with the language. That's it. Nothing else. No conspiracy against you. Until you got out of hand I had no problem with you or your guns or anything else you'd posted. Your victim complex and refusal to accept responsibility for your own posts is the only issue now.
By Voltaire
Alright, your wasting my time now, I'm aware that it's your job to moderate and I can appreciate that. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Anyways adios Im done.
By Captain Sam
I don't have a problem with people owning guns, but I do have a problem with people owning fully automatic weapons and handguns during times of peace.

The government should stockpile fully automatic weapons and keep them in secured warehouses. If the country is ever invaded, they can distribute the stockpiled weapons among the populace.
By Rancid
I do have a problem with people owning fully automatic weapons and handguns during times of peace.

We are always at war with our respective governments my friend.
By LiquidPony
Captain Sam wrote:I don't have a problem with people owning guns, but I do have a problem with people owning fully automatic weapons and handguns during times of peace.

The government should stockpile fully automatic weapons and keep them in secured warehouses. If the country is ever invaded, they can distribute the stockpiled weapons among the populace.

What's wrong with handguns?

They are the perfect target-shooting implement and are also useful in many hunting situations, as well as the most obvious use of a handgun: home defense.

Your notion of the government stockpiling automatic weapons and "distributing them to the populace" entirely misses the point of the right to bear arms.
By Infidelis
And when you accidently shoot your son dead because he lost his keys and sneaks in through a window at 3am so will you.

Would the electricity be out or would he not have a flashlight at his disposal? :lol:

Captain Sam wrote:I don't have a problem with people owning guns, but I do have a problem with people owning fully automatic weapons and handguns during times of peace.

\
WTF is a handgun going to do for a citizen in a time of war?! :eh:

I've officially sold off my last gun a few months ago to keep up with bills (A Kimber Custom II). :( Here's some of the one's I've owned:

(Click for a closer view)

Image Image

I've also had a Glock 21, Glock 19, HK USP .45 and a Beretta 92c. Out of all of them, I'd say the Colt Commander 1991 in the first picture was the best pistol I've owned. First, because it had a bunch of custom crap on it and secondly it never had any malfunctions. The worst was the Kimber, it almost never loaded the round into the chamber properly. I'll never buy another.

I hope to get back to buying guns by winter.
By Brio
Infidelis wrote:WTF is a handgun going to do for a citizen in a time of war?! :eh:

Indeed. I think Captain Sam may have seen one to many John Woo movies.

Sniperwolfe wrote:I own:

CZ 84
MN91/30 sniper w/ P/U scope
Dragunof
Barrett .50

Wow you're name is really fitting. Massachusetts (being the liberal bastion that it is) allows you to own such rifles?

Offtopic - I notice you are a Bruins fan. What are your expectations for them this coming season and did you think they should have gone farther this past playoffs? It's nice to see another hockey fan on Pofo as we are a fairly small group.
By Infidelis
Sniperwolfe wrote:I own:

CZ 84
MN91/30 sniper w/ P/U scope
Dragunof
Barrett .50

I love rifles myself.

Whatever you do for a living, you must do it well to afford a Barrett :eek:
By Huntster
What's the point in legally owning weapons, if you can't legally kill people?

You can legally kill people.

But why do that? The animal hunting is great! The meat I eat is primarily wild meat.

Ever bear hunt? It's great!

I don't hate guns. I'm pretty handy with 'em.

I just figured that the veritable arsenal Voltaire listed ( ) was somewhat over the top.

That's nothing!

I believe in hard core Fascism where only the state has the weapons. But go shoot whoever the fuck you want. You don't live near me so WTF do I care.

If the state has weapons, I can get weapons.

Do you really think people who live near you aren't armed?

I love it when people think stupidly. It empowers me.

My views on gun ownership laws? I think it's fair that many countries (don't ask me which, but I know there's a few) put a law on age limits at which you are allowed to posses weapons such as guns and knives.

Like the United States?
Last edited by Huntster on 27 Jul 2009 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
By Huntster
Why hasn't anyone got a hard-on about my 88mm flak cannon.

Because nobody has one, and few need one.

How much does a fucking Barrett cost?

The bullpup model used to be quite reasonable. I remember when I could get one for about $2K, and ammo was about $1.50 per round (reloaded oneself).

Not anymore. There's no way I could afford to feed a Barrett.

Well, I got my hunters safety permit at age 11

At 11? That surprises me.

When I was 11, there were no hunter safety permits.

If a parent or guardian is present and consents, sure. However, I don't see how a new born could even hold a gun

You know what I mean though.

You're trying to be ridiculous. Newborns with guns?

What the fuck is wrong with this world that the lawyers and politicians have to dictate sanity to us?

I'm on Demo's side anyway. And no, I'm not kissing his ass, I'm on his side ever since his contribution to the ass-hat thread.

Was it that good? Hell, I'm gonna' have to go looking for it, now.

I'm a moderator

Unfortunately it's on another site

Is it an ice fishing site?

I don't have a problem with people owning guns, but I do have a problem with people owning fully automatic weapons and handguns during times of peace.

1) Fully automatic weapons and handguns are guns

2) Optically equipped high power rifles (your common deer rifles) are much more devastating and tactically deadly than fully automatic weapons and handguns

The government should stockpile fully automatic weapons and keep them in secured warehouses.

They do.

If the country is ever invaded, they can distribute the stockpiled weapons among the populace.

They can, they have, and they will.

WTF is a handgun going to do for a citizen in a time of war?!

Apparently, you'd be surprised.

I've officially sold off my last gun a few months ago to keep up with bills (A Kimber Custom II). Here's some of the one's I've owned:

Wow! Two huge mistakes! One should never "sold off my last gun", ever. And one should never sell such a wonderful firearm as a Kimber Custom.

I've also had a Glock 21, Glock 19, HK USP .45 and a Beretta 92c. Out of all of them, I'd say the Colt Commander 1991 in the first picture was the best pistol I've owned. First, because it had a bunch of custom crap on it and secondly it never had any malfunctions. The worst was the Kimber, it almost never loaded the round into the chamber properly. I'll never buy another.

Funny. My Kimber is perfect. It never malfunctions and it's so accurate I can hit what I'm aiming at with my eyes closed.

I hope to get back to buying guns by winter.

It will be way too late.

I'm sorry.

So how does a nation form, @FiveofSwords ? How […]

That letter was fake. https://www.youtube.com/wa[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

British Intelligence: the horde air defence cann[…]

... The USA is like the Soviet Union overmilitari[…]