Oh my god, I think I'm in love... - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Demosthenes
MB. wrote:Apparently the FN FAL design was based on the SVT40. :eek:

btw Hugo Chavez?

I didn't know that. And yes, so?
By Zerogouki
Who are you Mr. Zerogouki? :eh:

wtf :eek: ?

I...

No that can't be. I don't believe it.

edit:

Machine gun

+

+

+

Quote:
Just imagine it painted black and with all the screwholes and shit covered up.

=

WTF? No way...

I fail to understand the source of your confusion.

Just to be sure, how do you feel about this:

Putting that much distance between the ground and the General Lee? Awesome, of course.

In my subjective world assault rifles all look exactly like the FAMAS 2. Rugged. Minimal. Badass.

The FAMAS sucks and is ugly.

I see no rails on the FAMAS G2. Why?

Because it was designed by Eurofags who expect France to surrender at the first sign of trouble in all future wars.

FN C1A1 (FN FAL) :up:
Now that is a great weapon! Reliable, sturdy, accurate, easy to maintain and break down. You could fire it after knocking dirt out of a plugged barrel without it blowing up. Sure it was 13 lb but you knew you could club the crap out of someone with it if you ever ran out of ammo!

Great for its time, sure, but weight is not a good thing when you have to carry that shit around all day. These days, if I want a gun that fires 7.62 NATO rounds, I'd go with the M14 EBR (Enhanced Battle Rifle). It's basically the M14 after forty years of Ninja training and bodybuilding with Ras al Ghul. Behold:

Israel had the FN FAL. We replaced it because... well, it doesn't agree with the Middle East. :hmm:

Really? I thought you replaced it because the 7.62 NATO round did not agree with the gun's "full auto" setting. The Uzi was the gun that didn't agree with the Middle East.

The most robust and reliable weapon ever made was the Browning Automatic Rifle.

The Kalashnikov disagrees.

FN is king, not just the FAL, but the P-90...though I guess it is more submachine gun, and bullpup. Still, 5 pieces.

I don't care how many pieces it is. The ammo that it fires is slightly weaker than most Nerf guns I've used.
By War Angel
Really? I thought you replaced it because the 7.62 NATO round did not agree with the gun's "full auto" setting. The Uzi was the gun that didn't agree with the Middle East.

Nobody fires full-auto anyway, only in short bursts. You can't control any weapon on full-auto, except MGs, and even then, non-fixed ones stray. As for the Uzi - you can rape that little thing up the arse, and it still won't betray you. It's also prone to misfires because of its simple, rugged mechanism. Besides, the Uzi did not replace the FN, as it's a 9mm SMGm, and the FN-FAL is a large assault-rifle.

It did, however, fail like most weapons during sand-storms and the like. Only the FN-MAG (a light MG, 7.62mm) kept on working properly... but that's a 12-odd kilo weapon.

The Uzi's main strength were its size, simplicity of operation and price. It was used in urban warfare in the 1967 fights in Jerusalem, but was later replaced by more powerful weapons (the Galil and eventually the M-16), and in the 1970s-1980s became a weapon for non-combatants. It is no longer in use, except by specific SF teams (much smaller, newer models) and law enforcement (rarely, too). It was used by mechanised personnel (armoured corps), but was replaced by the Galil SAR ('short assault rifle') not long after.

Soldiers fighting in the desert often find the AK family to be much more reliable. Israeli soldiers during the Yom Kippur war in 1973 also picked up AK-47 from defeated Egyptian soldiers, and used them to effect. This, in part, led to the design and manufacture of the Galil. The Galil isn't a bad weapon, it's very reliable (if heavy and uncomfortable), but the M-16s were so much cheaper, and still are to this day - making the introduction of the clearly superior Tavor more difficult.

The Uzi's prime glory was mostly in foreign export and action films. :lol:
By Zerogouki
Nobody fires full-auto anyway, only in short bursts.

Short bursts are full auto. They're just not full auto for very long.

You can't control any weapon on full-auto

Wrong. The TDI Kriss Super-V, the AA-12, the FN P-90, and all AR-type weapons except the AR-10 can be easily controlled in full auto, to name a few.

except MGs

Ummm... by definition, anything with a full-auto setting IS a machine gun.

As for the Uzi - you can rape that little thing up the arse, and it still won't betray you. It's also prone to misfires because of its simple, rugged mechanism.

And that's why it's in use today among the IDF? Oh wait...

It is no longer in use, except by specific SF teams (much smaller, newer models) and law enforcement (rarely, too).

I guess not.
By Godstud
You can't control any weapon on full-auto

Most small caliber SMGs are easily handled on full auto. I've riddle a target at 25m with a Sterling SMG with little problems.

More reliable weapons have replaced the UZI. Who wants an unreliable weapon that misfires?

If white people care so much about living in whit[…]

Since Israeli forces have placed many children und[…]

OCHA clearly points out that the food shortages ar[…]

Well if you are clever enough to know that our el[…]