66% of produced antibiotics are meant for animals - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Worldwide it is estimated that 66% of all antibiotics are used in farm animals, not people. Much of this use is routine, and enables farm animals, most often pigs and poultry but sometimes also cattle, to be kept in poor conditions where disease spreads easily.

https://www.saveourantibiotics.org/the- ... s%20easily.

It is obvious why many antibiotics do not work anymore, when 66% of hole production is for farm animals.
While the argument is poorly crafted; much of the terrifying and growing disease resistance comes from the routine use of antibiotics on farm animals.

We've known about this for a long time, and it is nuts that we haven't outlawed it.
late wrote:While the argument is poorly crafted; much of the terrifying and growing disease resistance comes from the routine use of antibiotics on farm animals.

We've known about this for a long time, and it is nuts that we haven't outlawed it.

Yes. The reason why the farm animals get so much anti-biotics is they would not survive the poor condition in which they are raised. Some sources claim anti-biotics increase the appetite...

I buy meat from Argentina, so I know the cattle was not raised in dark room but in the nature. Sometimes I buy halal meat which is not anti-biotics allowed.

The American method of giving animals growth hormones is also acceptable when the animals stay for 1 month sobber, are the hormones out in this time period.
Last edited by Skynet on 22 Jan 2024 06:17, edited 1 time in total.
Skynet wrote:
Yes. The reason why the farm animals get so much anti-biotics is they would not survive the poor condition in which they are raised. Some sources claim anti-biotics increase the appetite...

I buy meat from Argentina, so I know the cattle was not raised in dark room but in the nature. Sometimes I buy halal meat which is not anti-biotics allowed.

The American method of givind animals growth hormones is also acceptable when the animals stay for 1 month sobber, are the hormones out in this time period.

I get meat from New Zealand, when I can. I also buy locally, I can see the cows, and they look healthy and well treated.
If people want cheap meat (and they do) then they will have to pay a hidden price, which will not be measured in currency. Capitalism is all fine and dandy, but the price mechanism is all it has. If you can’t measure a cost in monetary terms, then it gets ignored. The result is a general degradation of our environment and our own physical and mental heath.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k Ther[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Having[…]

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]